Colby officially has 0 wins over the UFC's current ranked WW's

Portland8242

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
upload_2023-4-9_11-32-50.png

With Masvidal's retirement (Colby's last win), there is no ranked WW right now that Colby has a W over and Dana reiterated in the press conference that Colby is next.

Can we safely expect the UFC to go the full WWE route over the coming years?

If you look closely, prior to fighting Usman, Edwards also had one win against a current top 15 fighter. So, we are in for a fight between an undeserving champion and an undeserving contender. And its not me saying this, I'm just going by your criteria.

If you look closely, prior to fighting Usman, Edwards also had one win against a current top 15 fighter. So, we are in for a fight between an undeserving champion and an undeserving contender. And its not me saying this, I'm just going by your criteria.
So Leon's 9 fight win streak was just completely irrelevant then? And Colby's 1 fight win streak should be treated as completely equal?

And also Leon being the guy in the top-5 that Usman never fought doesn't mean anything either (i guess they did fight, like 6 years before when they were both nobodies)? Because right now there's several fighters that Leon hasn't fougtht who are on big win streaks who have a case over Colby.

People like you just don't understand logic.

So Leon's 9 fight win streak was just completely irrelevant then? And Colby's 1 fight win streak should be treated as completely equal?

And also Leon being the guy in the top-5 that Usman never fought doesn't mean anything either (i guess they did fight, like 6 years before when they were both nobodies)? Because right now there's several fighters that Leon hasn't fougtht who are on big win streaks who have a case over Colby.

People like you just don't understand logic.

Win streak is great, but it happened three years ago (at the moment of the first title shot). When he got a chance to fight for the title, he had wins over Nate Diaz and a NC against Belal Muhammad. My point is that even tho he also didn't have the strongest case to fight for the title, he got it. And I agree with that, it's an interesting fight, interesting fighters, so why not. Now, with Colby, it's the same for me, I don't care about the background, I just want to watch the fight.

If you are a fan of other contenders like Belal or Chimaev, maybe I could understand your frustration. Otherwise, I don't. Enjoy the fight if it happens cause it's going to be an amazing one.

just wait till colby is champ.

Guareenteed he defends against porier, masvidal comes out of retirment for a shot, and usman gets a shot so colby can avenge his loss. He probably then retires and then we never hear him stop saying he is the goat ww of all time for the next 20 years.

Luque was ranked #6 when Leon fought Usman last August

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back