Colorful/design rashguards : IBJJF compliant?

Big Thier

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Yo,

I'm a blue belt that wants to compete in no-gi. According to the IBJJF website, rashguards must be "colored black, white, or black and white, and with at least 10% of the rank color(belt) to which the athlete belongs. Shirts 100% the color of the athlete’s rank (belt) are also permitted."
https://ibjjf.com/uniform

I have competed in a few competitions before, but used to wear MMA shorts with a black top with no issue. Not sure if they were using IBJJF regulations though. Nowadays I use Just Saiyan Dragon Ball Z rashguards/compression shorts, which are mostly blue and white.
785756957.png

785756312.png

I was wondering if there is some leeway regarding the color/deisgn of rashguards, or if I really have to wear plain ones.

Thanks!

Lol sorry, IBJJF ruling on no-gi uniforms is basically "If it looks flashy or funny, it's illegal"

As far as they are concerned, the plainer, the better. It's a smart move to bring more than one gear set to the tournament in case they won't you let you compete in the first set you picked.

Even smarter would be to stick to IBJJF-approved gear in all your purchases if you plan on competing a lot.

I've seen them disallow competitors for the pettiest apparel details.

Last edited:
Back