Comedian Sebastian Maniscalco

Try saying that five times fast

Also TS if you like Italian comedians, you’ll love Joe Matarese

Im not a fan but hes the hottest name in stand up comedy right now, sells out arenas all over the country, sold out Madison Square Garden 4 nights in a row, dudes a powerhouse

I like him for sure but like a lot of the standup people that I will make an effort to watch, there's a good amount of stuff in his long sets that I'm not really into. When he hits, he really resonates with my sense of humor but there's some unevenness there.

Mulaney is really my go to guy for standup specials. I'm sure he's not for everyone but I absolutely love his style and his humor. He's one of the few standup performers I've watched where the hour long set really stays funny for the duration.

Bill Burr is just naturally hilarious.

I vaguely knew of him and then it seemed like he became extremely successful out of nowhere. I've seen some of his stand-up, he's not bad. He gets a lot of mileage out of his physicality, mannerisms, expressions etc, but some of his material is pretty funny.

He has a pretty wide fanbase and a lot of older people love him. I don't think he's slowing down any time soon.

He is huge in NY. He has a few funny bits, but he bores me now. Same shtick.....he is Italian, his wife is Jewish. Italian food is great, Jewish food isn’t. Her family was rich, his wasnt. Repeat in 10 different ways. I saw him before covid and was asleep after 30 minutes. May have been the martinis.

He's kinda like Dane cook to me. He appeals to the masses with his high energy but he'll become overexposed and people will talk shit about him in a few years.

I know he's pretty big now, but I don't think he's a flash in the pan kind of deal. Dane Cook came out of nowhere and exploded in a Dice kind of way, and really only appealed to a certain frat boy demographic, that grew out of his schtick. This guy seems more seasoned and built for the long haul, like he's been around forever and eventually broke through. He'll likely fade a bit(I doubt he'll be household name legend tier), but I doubt he'll be one of those guys who were huge, and then people pretend they never liked him, because he got bigger than he deserved to be.

he's got as many funny clips circulating as anyone over the past 10 years. Still havent seen an epic special from him though

This guy is popping up on my YT and FB feeds. Never heard of him before this week. He's hilarious. Small sample:

we are using the term "comedian" very loosy goosy here.. OMG I thought I was almost going to laugh at that dumb ass fucking tomato bit....but I just farted instead

he's got as many funny clips circulating as anyone over the past 10 years. Still havent seen an epic special from him though

is it more than zero?

guy is a poor man's Amazing Johnathan.

Im not a fan but hes the hottest name in stand up comedy right now, sells out arenas all over the country, sold out Madison Square Garden 4 nights in a row, dudes a powerhouse

mother-of-god.gif

Best current active comedians

1. Louis CK
2. Dave Chappelle
3. Bill Burr
4. Brian Regan
5. Jim Gaffigan
6. Chris Rock
7. Daniel Tosh
8. Jimmy Carr
9. Jim Australian guy who's name escapes me
10. John mulaney

And of course if they weren't dead then Patrice, Norm, and Giraldo would be on this list too

Some of his older specials are hysterical. I’ve seen him perform a bunch of times now.

I saw him at the comedy store on a random Wednesday night and he killed. Got the most laughs of the night.

He's kinda like Dane cook to me. He appeals to the masses with his high energy but he'll become overexposed and people will talk shit about him in a few years.
Agreed. Like Dane Cook, he has a couple of good jokes. But mostly it’s all stage presence and theatrics.

Back