Commentary: Matt Brown is the real BMF

I said it before in another thread, but Matt Brown was one of three fighters I always wanted to see face GSP when he was champion. Brown would have likely got 50-45’d on all three score cards, but I thought he would take it to GSP and force an ugly fight. You’re not really safe fighting Matt brown anywhere. He is pretty good standing, good in scrambles, good on the ground, but most importantly he came to put guys away. He is willing to make fights ugly if it gets him the win.

fyi the other two guys I wanted to see fight GSP were Chris Lytle and Carlos Condit, both for similar reasons to Matt brown. I got to see one of the three and it was a pretty good fight.

Last edited:
They should have booked brown vs perry awhile back when platinum Mike was calling for it. Would have been a great fight

He already took the bamf title from Jeremy horn he doesn't need the bmf . Also he was sent from the just bleed gods to cause as much violence as possible he doesn't care about belts . Side note he is 3-0 against tuf winners I hope to see him go 4-0 again bryan battle that would be a he'll of a fight

I would go with Francis. No one in the UFC could beat him.

So bizarre it didn’t get Fight of the Night. Even when Cerrone got a bonus for every other fight he had that year.
It was on the same card as Swanson VW Choi. One of the greatest fights of all time. It won fight of the year and ended up in HOF.

Nothing bizarre about it.

If Conor loses to Chandler. I could see Brown giving him a Real BMF Red Panty Night... ;)

fully agreed. Matt Brown is a real one. hope he gets the KO record in his next fight

(edit: ooh neat im purple!)

Brown is about as badass as it gets. Nothing but respect for that dude.

Matt Brown would defiantly qualify as a BMF! I heard he actually died once or twice of drug overdoses, before he got his life straightened out. To be KO'n guys in the UFC at 44 years old is pretty BAD!:cool:
Matt Brown walking out to "Face the Pain"...

That'd be the dream.

Back