Commentators call out judge that gave the 10-8 round to Grasso to make it a draw

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm glad they are calling him out like that
I'm also glad they now put it out there with their names and everything because this is just ridiculous

So obvious that he was making up a nonexistance 10-8 so they could reach a draw and keep the belt to the Mexican fighter in the Mexican Indepence day

They collect the score cards after every round. The score might be wrong but the judge didn't do it to give Grasso the draw.

So obvious that he was making up a nonexistance 10-8 so they could reach a draw and keep the belt to the Mexican fighter in the Mexican Indepence day

So he knew what the other judges scored each round then, right? That's your ridiculous take?

Yes, his 10 - 8 score is absolutely dog shite, but you're implying he wanted Grasso to win for Mexico?

It all comes down to how you see Round 4 bc the others are not in dispute.

Ultimately I believe there should be a mechanism for fighters/coaches to take a highly divergent single round score like that 10-8 to a panel to be appealed - judge should have to watch the round back and explain why they gave that score, if the can't offer a solid enough explanation then have it overturned to a NC.

Obviously that doesent do much for a fighter other than remove a loss from their record (or not even in this case) but the possibility of being hauled up and publicly shamed would be a deterrent to these dumbfucks doing this sort of thing.

So he knew what the other judges scored each round then, right? That's your ridiculous take?

Yes, his 10 - 8 score is absolutely dog shite, but you're implying he wanted Grasso to win for Mexico?

You have a Mexican champ, who has a customized Mexican style belt, headlining the Mexican UFC card (titled in Spanish), taking place on Mexican independence day, in an area with tons of Mexican Americans, in a state that used to be part of Mexico. Given how long, and how hard, the UFC has tried to crack into the Mexican market, and how much $ it represents if they do capture it; it's not exactly a crazy take to think that a judge could be biased towards Grasso.

It all comes down to how you see Round 4 bc the others are not in dispute.

Ultimately I believe there should be a mechanism for fighters/coaches to take a highly divergent single round score like that 10-8 to a panel to be appealed - judge should have to watch the round back and explain why they gave that score, if the can't offer a solid enough explanation then have it overturned to a NC.

Obviously that doesent do much for a fighter other than remove a loss from their record (or not even in this case) but the possibility of being hauled up and publicly shamed would be a deterrent to these dumbfucks doing this sort of thing.

It would be one thing if their score cards didn't actually affect people's lives, but they do.

At this point firing guys like Mike Bell, Sal D'amato and other fuck ups like them etc would be best for the sport to be honest sir.

They collect the score cards after every round. The score might be wrong but the judge didn't do it to give Grasso the draw.
How do you know that? how does collecting the cards impact the judges memory of his score? are you saying that the judge that works as a professionl and awarded the score would not remember his own scores if they are collected? totally irrelevant comment from you

He knew what HE was scoring, he had to make up thar 10-8 to make it a draw because he knew if it put 10-9 Grasso was still gonna lose

He knew what HE was scoring, he had to make up thar 10-8 to make it a draw because he knew if it put 10-9 Grasso was still gonna lose

This makes zero sense. Yes, he knew what HE was scoring. How did he know if he put a 10 - 9 then Grasso would lose? Is this judge fucking Houdini?

You have a Mexican champ, who has a customized Mexican style belt, headlining the Mexican UFC card (titled in Spanish), taking place on Mexican independence day, in an area with tons of Mexican Americans, in a state that used to be part of Mexico. Given how long, and how hard, the UFC has tried to crack into the Mexican market, and how much $ it represents if they do capture it; it's not exactly a crazy take to think that a judge could be biased towards Grasso.

That judge is fucking Houdini or Mexican spy because how in the fuck does he know any other judges scorecards?

How do you know that? how does collecting the cards impact the judges memory of his score? are you saying that the judge that works as a professionl and awarded the score would not remember his own scores if they are collected? totally irrelevant comment from you
Because I judged MMA/kickboxing events 12 years ago. The thread title could be taken as "1 judge scored it 10-8 to make it a draw", like it was changed deliberately in favor of Grasso.

Reactions: TCE
Because I judged MMA/kickboxing events 12 years ago. The thread title could be taken as "1 judge scored it 10-8 to make it a draw", like it was changed deliberately in favor of Grasso.

This.

There's a bunch of fucking idiots in this thread

No he thought the other judges gave it 50-45 to Valentina.
Of course he fucking deliberately gave it to Grasso. She was losing the first 90 seconds without a doubt. You cannot get punched 7 or 8 times at the start of the round and win the round 10-8, it's actually impossible via any version of the rules.

HURR DURR HOW DID THE JUDGE KNOW THE OTHER JUDGES WERE WATCHING A REALLY CLOSE FIGHT LIKE HE WAS?

Retard has to use caps and italic font to quote me, as if he's he-man or something <Dany07><YeahOKJen>

That judge is fucking Houdini or Mexican spy because how in the fuck does he know any other judges scorecards?

What does knowledge of the other score cards round by round matter if you're biased towards a fighter as a whole?

Back