Social Confederate Robert E Lee statue of Charlottesville Melted Down to create new 'art'.

this is exactly what colonizers do. they bring their own flags (blm flag, pride flag, whatever), and they burn down and destroy the historical artifacts (offensive or not it's still part of history) of the colonized.

F9eNU8XXAAA1V2S

So you mean like the American Revolutionaries and George Washington's troops destroying the statue of King George III

https://galleries.lafayette.edu/201...-george-iii-at-bowling-green-n-y-july-9-1776/

Well, I'm not sure just exactly how close it had to sound like a bull, but the difficulty might just depend on what kinds of horns they were familiar with at the time. They also might have been able to test it with a bucket of water, to see what types of sounds it made as it boiled off into steam, without having to use a human. I don't think the sounds it made were purely screams but also the steam from the victim escaping through the horn.
At first you use water, then the emperor/king doesn’t think it sounds close enough the first time.

Look at who paid for the statues and when they were constructed. Then look at the specific people who are defending them.

Consider also that the statues aren't a remembrance, they're a celebration. Of people who fought to destroy the country and defend slavery.

America has centuries of history, why are these four years so important to the south?

Look at who paid for the statues and when they were constructed. Then look at the specific people who are defending them.

Consider also that the statues aren't a remembrance, they're a celebration. Of people who fought to destroy the country and defend slavery.

America has centuries of history, why are these four years so important to the south?
Those in the south know the real reason why but will not admit it.

I find it odd, how its always Conservatives that care about these statues of racist democrats being removed or torn down.
it’s almost like there’s some sort of set of values democrats had in the mid-1800’s that modern-day republicans align with. probably that “racism” stuff you mentioned.

this is exactly what colonizers do. they bring their own flags (blm flag, pride flag, whatever), and they burn down and destroy the historical artifacts (offensive or not it's still part of history) of the colonized.

F9eNU8XXAAA1V2S
yes, unironically. the country is being re-colonized by better people.

One thing about the statues though: they make Republicans / Conservatives defend Democrats.

"My own opinion is that, at this time, they [black Southerners] cannot vote intelligently, and that giving them the [vote] would lead to a great deal of demagogism, and lead to embarrassments in various ways."

Almost word for word a quote I'd expect from @Super_Nintendo !

"My own opinion is that, at this time, they [black Southerners] cannot vote intelligently, and that giving them the [vote] would lead to a great deal of demagogism, and lead to embarrassments in various ways."

Almost word for word a quote I'd expect from @Super_Nintendo !

what a disingenuous smear.

The Confederates were anti American. The people supporting the glorification of the Confederacy are anti American.

people don't get to wipe out a country's cultural artifacts, no matter how hideous they were or are, just because they feel they are the arbiters of truth and morality. if they are allowed that power they will do it to everything else.

Back