Conor’s plan is obvious

Dustin
Khabib
Tony

all these fights sell, Conor is going with the only fight once in 1-2 year range. He doesnt need to fight often because he changed the game

Acting like all those fights hold equal value to Conor is ridiculous. To you, maybe the difference between 10mil and 20mil is negligible but to a multi-millionaire, that difference is substantial.

I believe that he’ll fight for a title before years end but if he doesn’t then I could see him taking a lesser fight in 2020 and then every 1-2 years as you say but as of right now he still has an ace in the hole.

You think they'd let Conor fight in Abu Dhabi?

They had enough issues in Las Vegas. If Poirier pulls out, they'll cancel the event and reschedule it

I'd be surprised if he was even permitted entry to Abu Dhabi

UFC will not be putting Conor in a short notice fight in Abu Dhabi. Not wihtou enough notice at the very least. Two months I could see, but if it's a month before hand, no way it happens.

Conor's value is going to be high regardless of his win or loses at this point. He is like a Diaz when it comes to that.

I really wish Conor would've took the Cowboy fight. That was a good match up of styles for him to get back in the win column with the least risk of the opponents out there.

P.S.: If there one thing we have learned through the years is.........Conor gets what Conor wants. He wants Khabib they'll make it happen.
it's probably not that simple. "Conor gets what Conor wants" may have been true in 2015. if it was still true, the rematch would've been booked already. his demands are more than UFC are willing to accept. UFC isn't dependent on Conor anymore like they used to be

I don't think it'll be an event brawl like it was last time. I fear for Poirier as well btw. The fans there might get a bit on edge. Khabib's die hard fans are known for death threats, not sure if anybody would act upon murder but I can see them attempting to fuck up Conor or Poirier. It's not the safest place to go.

Then again, you never know. Might not be as bad as I think. I'm just pissed that the event begins at 2:00 PM Est, I hate early events
I know you a hard core Conor fans and automatically shows your IQ level. But you still should leave your basement and travel outside of your own country. That way you will learn that there is no single place in the US where you could feel as safe as in Abu Dhabi. Not even close buddy..

conor hasn't won a fight in three years
never defended a belt in his entire bum life
would rather drink piss in whiskey bottles and assault civilians than fight in the cage

glad we have KING KHABIB to bring some legitimacy back to MMA

it's probably not that simple. "Conor gets what Conor wants" may have been true in 2015. if it was still true, the rematch would've been booked already. his demands are more than UFC are willing to accept. UFC isn't dependent on Conor anymore like they used to be
he can't dictate matchups as much because he's not the champ and he's coming off a loss. he still adds significant value to the org and they of course want to make him happy and have him fight and he's still by far their biggest asset.

conor hasn't won a fight in three years
never defended a belt in his entire bum life
would rather drink piss in whiskey bottles and assault civilians than fight in the cage

glad we have KING KHABIB to bring some legitimacy back to MMA

Nothing but love and respect for Khabib no doubt but I love Conor as well. I don’t understand how so many of you guys can actually keep a straight face and claim you don’t care for his presence. Yes he’s brought some bullshit with him but more than that he has brought a level of excitement never before seen to this game we love.

Dustin
Khabib
Tony

all these fights sell, Conor is going with the only fight once in 1-2 year range. He doesnt need to fight often because he changed the game
He didnt change anything . He sold a ton, that's it.

No way they'd let Conor fight on short notice anymore now that he's a crazy draw, they'd go all out on marketing the fight for maximum PPV buys / views.

What do we know for sure?

1- Conor won’t fight for less than “his value” which the UFC can only validate by making a blockbuster of a matchup.

2- Conor wants/needs TheRematch. He can’t just move on after what Khabib(and his team) did to him(and his team) ... The only way around this is if Khabib disappears and/or loses the Title.

3- If Conor loses his next fight, his stock will drop significantly which means it would no longer be prudent for the UFC to pay him “his value” nor will there be a blockbuster of a matchup to make. Sure you could make some hugely interesting fights but they wouldn’t garner the type of attention required to justify the type of pay that Conor demands.

So what does this all mean?

Conor is banking on the idea that it’s only a matter of time before either Khabib or his opponent, whether that be Dustin in September or the winner of Tony/Cowboy later, will drop out due to injury... and Conor will seize the moment.

That is his ticket back to Khabib and/or the Title = blockbuster matchup = being paid “his value”

Of course it goes without saying that if Khabib is the one who has to pull out, the UFC will proceed with an interim title.

I’d say the odds are in Conor’s favor and I’ll go even further and say that Conor will fight for the title, undisputed or interim, before years end.
Bookmarked this. If you end up being correct I'll buy you full kit of a fighter of your choosing. Has to be late replacement only tho by Conor. I wont pay for a Johnny Walker fight kit, but any other fighter and it's yours to be a full kit wanker in for the rest of your mma fandom

What do we know for sure?

1- Conor won’t fight for less than “his value” which the UFC can only validate by making a blockbuster of a matchup.

2- Conor wants/needs TheRematch. He can’t just move on after what Khabib(and his team) did to him(and his team) ... The only way around this is if Khabib disappears and/or loses the Title.

3- If Conor loses his next fight, his stock will drop significantly which means it would no longer be prudent for the UFC to pay him “his value” nor will there be a blockbuster of a matchup to make. Sure you could make some hugely interesting fights but they wouldn’t garner the type of attention required to justify the type of pay that Conor demands.

So what does this all mean?

Conor is banking on the idea that it’s only a matter of time before either Khabib or his opponent, whether that be Dustin in September or the winner of Tony/Cowboy later, will drop out due to injury... and Conor will seize the moment.

That is his ticket back to Khabib and/or the Title = blockbuster matchup = being paid “his value”

Of course it goes without saying that if Khabib is the one who has to pull out, the UFC will proceed with an interim title.

I’d say the odds are in Conor’s favor and I’ll go even further and say that Conor will fight for the title, undisputed or interim, before years end.

Completely agree. Waiting for late replacement or some how everyone will be tied up and he'll get that title shot because he was available. I don't see him not fighting for the belt. Too risky which is why he's turning down fights.

For his kind of pay you need HIS kind of promotion, Conor is not taking short notice fights, at least a month imo, that if he is actually training.

Back