Media Conor back throwing kicks - heavy bag - with leg he broke - video

Yeah I feel maybe the surgeon just sucked. They sliced my triceps in half and it never fully recovered, they didn't warn about that. Maybe legs don't need to flex as much as arms do. Old pic of it - the pain seems to mostly be in the lower 2 or so inches of the plate for whatever reason. Basically at the point of the original break.

View attachment 1041432

Love the repair X-Rays, Poirierfan has the gangsta neck ones, with a zipper!

Conor's super hard kick would likely be more painful for him than to Chandler.

I wish a metal rod in my leg was all I had. Try multiple plates, cages, and screws all up in your back and neck. Conor will be just fine.

Damn Pf, you been worked on more than my Z28 Camaro !​

How far down from the neck did your back spine repair go, if you remember?

Was the "cage" used there, & was it affixed to bone with screws ? TIA friend.

I noticed in the third fight with Dustin Conor was throwing a much higher volume of kicks compared to the second fight.

Conor’s variety of strikes was a big aspect to his success early on imo.

However, his kicks are incredibly acrobatic and most definitely contributed to his notoriously poor cardio.

I think it’s the way he kicks. He doesn’t turn his hip over and it lands at a 45 degree. I used to do the same thing when I was a teen and I remember my trainer kept on telling me I was going to get injured.

Alex Pereira throws his calf kicks at 45° as well.. and seem alrite.

I get your point though

If that makes any sense

Damn Pf, you been worked on more than my Z28 Camaro !​

How far down from the neck did your back spine repair go, if you remember?

Was the "cage" used there, & was it affixed to bone with screws ? TIA friend.
I have 2 levels fused in my neck (C5/C6 and C6/C7) with another surgery coming this week believe it or not. The cage was put in after one of them failed to fuse (yes, the cage is affixed between c5 /c6).

My lower back (L4/L5 and L5/S1) is fused as well.

Here ya go, my last one that really fucked me up. Lol, if I told you all the complications you wouldn't believe it. 😂
IMG_20230318_134715.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed in the third fight with Dustin Conor was throwing a much higher volume of kicks compared to the second fight.

Conor’s variety of strikes was a big aspect to his success early on imo.

However, his kicks are incredibly acrobatic and most definitely contributed to his notoriously poor cardio.

Yea, but he set shit up with those kicks, following with a precise powerful left.

The left hands will still be there.. the kicks, the timming, i don't know

Power and precision wil prevail

footwork , cardio i dont know

Spoiler that shit brother lol

My sister had a plate put in her back from a accident

I got no plates, only had a few screws… lol sounds funny

It doesn't look like he's even throwing it hard.
? Yeah it does lol, plus its the bottom of the bag as well. Good for the conditioning, I mean hes definitely not a top tier muay thai fighter but those kicks looked good.

Not fluid at all. Looks awkward and mechanical. Not a good look for him

Alex Pereira throws his calf kicks at 45° as well.. and seem alrite.

I get your point though

If that makes any sense
He is a weird case. He lands almost on the side of his leg/foot as opposed to the shin. it's not even 45 degrees in terms of the angle. It's much higher.

You can watch some of his kicking highlights. He even lands using the arch of his foot. It is really odd.

He is a weird case. He lands almost on the side of his leg/foot as opposed to the shin. it's not even 45 degrees in terms of the angle. It's much higher.

You can watch some of his kicking highlights. He lands using the arch of his foot. It is really odd.

He also isn't blasting his calf kicks either and only throws them between 40-60% power cause you don't really need to be throwing harder than that as it's still going to hurt whether at 50% or 100%. Plus we've seen what happens when guys try to throw calf kicks at 100% with turning their hips over with Weidman.

He also isn't blasting his calf kicks either and only throws them between 40-60% power cause you don't really need to be throwing harder than that as it's still going to hurt whether at 50% or 100%. Plus we've seen what happens when guys try to throw calf kicks at 100% with turning their hips over with Weidman.
It's the target. Alex kicks very low so even when they check it. It's never the knee or the thicker part of the shin. Weidman went thinnest part of the shin into the thicker upper part of the shin by the knee.

I have 2 levels fused in my neck (C5/C6 and C6/C7) with another surgery coming this week believe it or not. The cage was put in after one of them failed to fuse (yes, the cage is affixed between c5 /c6).

My lower back (L4/L5 and L5/S1) are fused as well.
DAMMIT MAN, ANOTHER SURGERY ? !
Definitely feel for ya, peeps that haven't been there can't get how hard it is mentally to no longer be able to function due to a back or neck problem. After months/years of suffering, countless expensive doctor visits that leave you with the only option left, scary AF surgery that you must sign a statement of possibly being paralyzed - and it's all at your risk.

More to come...need a break.

My lower back (L4/L5 and L5/S1) are fused as well.

Here ya go, my last one that really fucked me up. Lol, if I told you all the complications you wouldn't believe it. 😂
View attachment 1041470
what did you do to your back to warrant all the fusing?

Back