Media Conor McGregor outdoor padwork in NYC

He was more successful during his Karate style era.

He is like 1-3 being Boxer Conor with his only win over a complete shook Cerrone and losing twice to a guy Karate Conor knocked out easily.

Yes I agree with that and I haven't debated any of what you said.

Why have all his padwork vids for the last few years been him just winging slow left hands

first clip looks like Stephen a smith
giphy.gif

I see slowness I see stiffness.

All seriousness I like Conor....a lot actually. He has brought a lot of eyes to MMA, but this is just going to end bad for him. He isn't going to recapture any of that lightning and go on some streak.

Karate stance Conor is long gone. Simply too demanding cardio and endurance wise to keep that style up in a fight.
McGregor maintained a great pace in the Siver fight with that style of fighting, but after USADA he suddenly had endurance issues.

Bro ain't returning. Ever.

His next fight will be against Paul in 3 or 4 years

This is the closest to the truth on this forum.

He looks terrible. His stance is fine, but if THIS is the best he's got, he's never coming back.

It's also a thinly veiled attempt to control the narrative after yesterday's ghastly promo video for Road House was released. He undoubtedly got 'the call' from the UFC brass just 'checking in' to see if he's doing OK.

There's a less than zero chance he fights Chandler, and a very high probability he never fights in the UFC ever again. Even IF you ignore his obvious addiction issues, the injury that sidelined him just isn't something you bounce back from. Frankly, it's amazing how his personal demons have drawn more attention than the fact that his last fight was the career ender for him.

IMO, he jumped right down the rabbit hole of addiction when the doctors told him "Yeah, this ankle break is going to forever alter your ability to fight; it might be time to call it a day."

I dunno why he does this,he's got to realize this shit isn't helping

Back