Media Conor McGregor struggling to do 5 "pull ups"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a terrible comparison. Conor is hesitant out of mental block because if you miss you fall. Much easier to do it in a pool where if you fall you land in water

Right, and water doesn't give any resistance, just like air

Conor here is showing us the "best way" to do "pull ups" to mimic your guard in a real fight.

Problem is, those 1. Are chin ups , 2.Won't do shit for your technique for a fight and 3. He sounds gassed after doing about three of them.

Gas tank exposed yet again.
<BC1>

McGregor Fast Program, only 4 easy payments of 99.99

I think Conor McGregor probably knows more than you about exercise, over all fitness and maintaining a guard.

{<jordan}

Conrad the “professional” athlete would get out worked by most people who’ve been lifting weights for 2-3 months

Why did he think this was a good thing to post?
Come on man, there are other legitimate short comings to hate on conor about. He can obviously do more than 5.

I despise McGregor and hope he vanishes from the sport, but people here have a lot of nerve mocking his athleticism and fuckups with terminology and form.

He is a world champion and in better shape than anyone that has ever written a word on this forum.

Yes, he's a scumbag, but that's a different issue.

Bruh, he's a pro, calls a chin up a pull up, and struggles doing 5 of 'em. Charges 100s of dollars for his program. And thinks chin ups work the chest. Breh.
What the fuck is this shit? What does this have to do with you randomly trying to not so subtlety brag about your chin up's? NO ONE on sherdog was curious how many chin up's "RawkyMarciano" could do

And fuck off with your "bruh" shit. You're not funny either

I despise McGregor and hope he vanishes from the sport, but people here have a lot of nerve mocking his athleticism and fuckups with terminology and form.

He is a world champion and in better shape than anyone that has ever written a word on this forum.

Yes, he's a scumbag, but that's a different issue.
I understand many fighters have posted here over the years
Probably most of them have better cardio than Conrad

5 chin ups and 100s of dollars for the FAST program breh. Call chin ups pull ups, breh. Come on. Look at how ridiculous the others are finding it in the thread.
When you completely fail at trying to be funny "breh", don't double down on your failed attempt.

I think Conor McGregor probably knows more than you about exercise, over all fitness and maintaining a guard.
That's where you're wrong.
I'm a Sherdogger, an A-level athlete. I taught Conor teh jab and chin ups back in Crumlin in 2001, he just never put in road work to maintain his cardio.

Dude is using that bro science there lol everyone knows you dont build your chest doing pulling workouts,

Incorrect upright butterfly machine/attachments are pull to center & absolutely work the pectorals. Same w/ breaststroke swimming, rowing exercises etc..

Chinups are easier because they use more muscle mass. Do more of them bambino.

That's where you're wrong.
I'm a Sherdogger, an A-level athlete. I taught Conor teh jab and chin ups back in Crumlin in 2001, he just never put in road work to maintain his cardio.
Nah just a salty conor hater. Anytime anywhere Aldo*

*must have full camp and be for title

We all know athletic wise Mcg's gas tank is nonexistent, that's just smoke for his fans. i bet when he fights again his gas tank will be a lot worse, so they probably book him against a scrub to make him look good like the cerrone fight.

Even if he's off here, he knows more than you.
Being a fighter doesn’t mean you know Jack shit about strength programs or conditioning that’s why fighters hired others for that. Tony might now more than me about fighting but there’s no way based on previous videos he knows more than me about deadlifting.

I’m startin to wonder what the McGregor fast program is focused on speeding up, gym results or aging?

IF this is an advanced aging regime, it works 100%. Five years ago McGregor looked in his twenties, after five years on the fast program, if I didn’t watch mma I would have thought the punch in the bar was just a scrap between two old geezers.

TS sounded so sure that the 2 weight UFC Champion doesn't know what he's talking about. I wonder how many UFC championships TS has.

An athlete who weighs 170lbs who struggles to do a set of 6.....embarrassing

I do think for a high level pro athlete it kind of looks bad that he looks tired after doing 5. Having said that, I find that most people, especially on the internet, tend to exaggerate how many pull-ups, push-ups, etc they can do. Most people who I know IRL tend to "cheat" on their pull-ups, push-ups, etc. This applies to many other things as well, eg I can drink 20 beers, etc. I pretty much ignore peoples' claims unless I see them do it myself.

I have many, many friends who told me they could do 80 or more push-ups (eg some claimed 80, some claimed 100, some claimed even more etc) without stopping, yet when it came time to prove it, they were clearly doing cheat push-ups. If they were cheating a little, I could cut them some slack but most of the push-ups were clear cheat push-ups. Of all my friends who made such claims, only 1 of them actually did all legit push-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back