Considering Fedor's Sambo background, is he the greatest HW MMA wrestler ever?

Just making the Olympics man.. I agree though.
He was really good in wrestling but he was ancient when he fought Fedor. During that time everyone thought if you trained hard then you could keep fighting in your 40s just like Randy. Honestly he wasn't really a great win by 2004. He already took a few years off from fighting.

Well I'm not going into deep waters with one of my bros so let's call it a tie.
All right. I just need to mention for the record Schulz, Kevin Jackson and Lindland as top brass wrestlers who fought in first generation MMA. Possibly the 3 most decorated wrestlers in MMA ever, IMO.

USADA doesn't mean a completely clean sport, just like physicians don't erase diseases. USADA is there to limit doping and limited doping is far superior to no drug testing at any possible level.

That's really not hard to understand, so why do people keep mentioning such lame and useless arguments ? So physicians are useless since they don't erase diseases, right ?

Pride FC was a complete circus while UFC under USADA was a legit and professional organization.

As for Fedor in the USA, he had to face some drug testing which is still better than nothing, even if far less inferior than USADA.

But that's not the main point anyway : when he fought in the USA, MMA was already a bit more developed, so he got quickly exposed. He simply faced better competition than in his japanese circus show.
I don't really want to spend much time talking about how the world works to you, but let's just say, to use your analogy, that plenty of physicians were spreading diseases under the USADA regime. It was rigged bullshit to hammer a few undercard fighters for PR points while letting marketing favorites roid to their heart's content. Literally worse than nothing as at least, since under nothing, both stars and undercard fighters would have the same levels of access.

But whatever. Clearly you're here just to bash a retired legendary fighter so I'll let you go back to that and not mess with your illusions about what USADA really was.

I don't really want to spend much time talking about how the world works to you, but let's just say, to use your analogy, that plenty of physicians were spreading diseases under the USADA regime. It was rigged bullshit to hammer a few undercard fighters for PR points while letting marketing favorites roid to their heart's content. Literally worse than nothing as at least, since under nothing, both stars and undercard fighters would have the same levels of access.

What a waste of time you are in a discussion...

Let's play the same stupid game than you : it's better to have no judge and no referee since everything is rigged.

He wasn't close. That is where you are completely off. Go find another person on the team that didn't have an international presence. We have to just disagree on this. It doesn't mean he is a bad judo player. He just wasn't anywhere close to the being an Olympian. It can be political or the skill level of the other players are much higher than him.

Again, you're disagreeing with everyone I've ever heard talk about this like you're some sort of authority.

Let's not stop at wrestler. Fedor was obviously P4P the greatest MMA fighter ever at
  • Boxing
  • Kickboxing/Muay Thai
  • BJJ
  • Wing Chun
  • TKD
  • Catch Wrestling
  • Capoeira
  • Fencing
  • Ping Pong
And it's not even close.

GOAT cook.

He was taken down by Randleman and crucially by Big Foot. The Big Foot one was due to sloppy strikes - against big Foot, Cormier nailed Big Foot. I suppose at that stage of his career, Fedor was just head hunting.

It's Daniel Cormier & the closest number 2 is Randy Couture. Everyone else is way behind.

Back