Contender Series as a proxy equivalent to Sports-Drafts suppressing salaries+foreigners

I remember way back in the day Jake Rosholt had it in his contract he had to be on the main card.
After doing an exhaustive search (of under 1 minute), I actually found the opposite:

https://news.theopenmat.com/wrestli...restling-champ-makes-the-move-to-the-ufc/3138
"Yeah, I did some smaller shows and did well in those, and then I won a fight on HDNet, and then the WEC gave me a contract for five fights. After I fought one fight in the WEC, the UFC picked up the rest of the contract, in kind of a whirlwind deal that I didn’t really have much say in."

It's not in a regional org tho.
The guys with the most experience are getting paired up against each other, while TV-made fighters are getting fed cans. If you're a guy worthy of a UFC contract, fighting another guy worthy of a UFC contract, in a UFC event in front of the supposed megalord vader of MMA Dana himself with live draftkings odds and a few mil in bets changing hands (pulling that out of my ass btw) for a full 15 min fight, you should be on a UFC contract and a chance to kill or be killed for a full UFC wage.
That's not to say they couldn't have the contender series actually be for prospects, but cap the experience at like 10 fights or something.
That dude Abbasov who lost to Bonfim Bro #1 took 3 full rounds of damage and threw gas the whole time, with 30 pro fights already lol. This would have been a FOTN on some cards and made the two a collective $136,000 potentially (50 each for a FOTN + 24 to winner and 12 to loser for show on even the shittiest full-UFC contracts), instead gets them a combined $15,000 to share.
That's $121,000 back to the UFC's corporate benefit and they appeased the hardcores while not having to promote weird looking guys with confusing names to their casual audience unless they want to later on.

Your idea at capping the exp at ten fights is a really good one imo.

You are right that guys with 30 fights (or 20, or 15) shouldn't be on DWCS. There's enough of a track record already to sign them or pass on them.

TS back on his soapbox over fighter pay. This dude is so fucking annoying.

To the ignore list you go, TS. Later loser

Who do you think has the most good MMA fighters?

No one has a claim to having the best fighters. The talent is so spread out it's impossible to try and claim one organization has some kind of dominance in terms of talent. That should be obvious to everyone at this point.

TS back on his soapbox over fighter pay. This dude is so fucking annoying.

To the ignore list you go, TS. Later loser
lmao so shook that you're ranting like a schizo about ppl in ur sig. Honored to be one of the voices in your head.

No one has a claim to having the best fighters. The talent is so spread out it's impossible to try and claim one organization has some kind of dominance in terms of talent. That should be obvious to everyone at this point.

Which promotions have a roster at least on par with the UFC?

UFC lowballed Mamed in such a laughable way that it make no sense for him to even gamble on himself and try the UFC. I remember interviews with Mamed and it was like 5 times less then he was making in KSW, if you signed for that with the UFC, you are a dummy.

With Kerimov, Vartanyan, Raisov, they are not from marketable markets and also not signed with agents who the UFC likes, so their chances of signing with the UFC are minimal. I personally wish the ACA copromoted with other promotions who came to the Russia, but the optics of PFL, Bellator, ONE copromoting with a promotion owned by Kadryov and that is sanctioned by the US government are really bad and means it will probably never happen

I doubt they'd co promote anyway, they're not big names and they don't want their champs being tooled by some no name Russian.

Co promotion with RCC or FNG would be fine but you don't see promotions trying to get their guys fights with Mineev, Ismailov, Shara Bullet, Kornilov etc.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that the company with revenue of a billion dollar is more likely to sign the best fighters in the world rather than the company with a revenue of $100 million.

Similarly, not sure why a fighter would stay in other organizations who can't afford to pay as much as the UFC. Basic economics.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that the company with revenue of a billion dollar is more likely to sign the best fighters in the world rather than the company with a revenue of $100 million.

Similarly, not sure why a fighter would stay in other organizations who can't afford to pay as much as the UFC. Basic economics.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the company you're talking about is going to sign fighters based on marketability, excitement etc more than anything.

You actually think they care about signing the best mixed martial artists?

{<jordan}

Don't be that gullible.

Which promotions have a roster at least on par with the UFC?

Take a step back here champ. Explain how you concluded 25-30 of the top 50 are in the UFC. Having a bloated roster full of mostly whatever isn't that impressive.

Take a step back here champ. Explain how you concluded 25-30 of the top 50 are in the UFC. Having a bloated roster full of mostly whatever isn't that impressive.

Fight Matrix is the most objective rating system and would be about that (maybe slightly higher). I do my own rankings but those are subjective, but I'd tend to think it's about that much.

Fight Matrix is the most objective rating system and would be about that (maybe slightly higher). I do my own rankings but those are subjective, but I'd tend to think it's about that much.

FightMatrix is not a good argument. Generally, all of the rankings are heavily UFC-biased. When you put that misspelled Reebok shirt on for the first time and bow down to the UFC logo your ranking jumps about 50 spots.

I find it humorous that so many fighters from other organizations enter the UFC and do well but no one gives them any credit until they strap on their UFC fight kit. It boggles my mind that you can't see this clearly for yourself.

FightMatrix is not a good argument. Generally, all of the rankings are heavily UFC-biased. When you put that misspelled Reebok shirt on for the first time and bow down to the UFC logo your ranking jumps about 50 spots.

I find it humorous that so many fighters from other organizations enter the UFC and do well but no one gives them any credit until they strap on their UFC fight kit. It boggles my mind that you can't see this clearly for yourself.

Not on Fight Matrix it doesn't. There are plenty of UFC fighters well outside the top 100 in their division. It's an algorithm.

Not on Fight Matrix it doesn't. There are plenty of UFC fighters well outside the top 100 in their division. It's an algorithm.

First, lol at thinking that because it works on an algorithm that it has no inherent biases, subjectivity and imperfections. That's fantastic. Why don't you go ahead and tell me how it works and how it factors in things like strength of competition etc.

Actually, don't bother. This is a waste of time lol.

First, lol at thinking that because it works on an algorithm that it has no inherent biases, subjectivity and imperfections. That's fantastic. Why don't you go ahead and tell me how it works and how it factors in things like strength of competition etc.

Actually, don't bother. This is a waste of time lol.

The dude who made it came on and explained it. It works as well as you're going to get. You don't get an instant boost by signing for the UFC on there, you don't get a boost by giving a valiant effort in a UFC fight in losing.

You'd be right if it was the Tapology rankings we're talking about, but not with this one.

Your idea at capping the exp at ten fights is a really good one imo.

You are right that guys with 30 fights (or 20, or 15) shouldn't be on DWCS. There's enough of a track record already to sign them or pass on them.
I wonder if theyll start putting guys on the contender series who have fought in the ufc lol

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the company you're talking about is going to sign fighters based on marketability, excitement etc more than anything.

You actually think they care about signing the best mixed martial artists?

{<jordan}

Don't be that gullible.
And what is the best indicator of marketability, aka drawing power? The ability to win a belt or championship that is seen as the best fighter in the division. It's nearly impossible to become a draw without winning the UFC belt, or in boxing, a legit world title.

Back