Contender Series: Week 10

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211031-042629_Chrome.jpg

Well, boys, it's been a fun journey but I'm afraid this is the last Contender Series card of the year. And in true CS fashion, there's about two even fights odds wise.

Burlinson and Achilles are knee-jerk picks for me, Ferreira I might throw on a parlay since he's facing a positively awful Chinese export. That leaves Caanan/Bilharinho and Shang/Puerta.

Don't know anything about Shang, gotta search him up. Jonas I think is still getting too much love from being Aldo's training partner for the Conor fight, definitely going in on Caanan unless his line lowers hard.

Hoping my perfect streak continues to the end here.

On all the favorites. Canaan is the most iffy because Jonas's TDD has held up in the past and he could outrange on the feet, but Canaan's legit imo. Hoping it's his time after the cardio zap killed his UFC dreams against Hooper.

Lainesse KO absolutely has potential, but that's the only way he wins. Burlinson wins that decision all day if it comes to it. I think he's a serious prospect.

Erisson line looked possibly wide at first glance. Can crushing striker vs can crushing striker. After tape study I think it's justified. Erisson's striking actually looks pretty promising. Technical, powerful, fantastic composure. Qiu's looks generously average, and his results speak to that.

Literally could not find tape on Maheshate. But looks to be a can crushing striker. Achilles is a powerful dude with good combos. Leaves himself a little exposed at times but I'd still feel comfortable taking him blind. Either Achilles KO or pass imo.

Puerta's line seems to be dropping a little bit. Sort of makes sense. Shang's actually had a storied career against a lot of good fighters. Prob one of if not the best Chinese fighter this season. But Puerta's also a very experienced guy who's just a nightmare to fight against. Crushing, control-heavy wrestler. Shang has experience against some strong wrestlers, but he's susceptible to takedowns, and Puerta's bread and butter should work here as long as he's not leaving openings.

Bilharinho training on small gym, in friends houses, im not see him as before. Value on Canaan.

Anyone know why Jonas has been so inactive? Literally 1 fight since 2016. I'd be worried about his mentality is going into this

Anyone know why Jonas has been so inactive? Literally 1 fight since 2016. I'd be worried about his mentality is going into this
Depression, life style strange, yoga many times, Jonas is not same. No more 100% focus in MMA. Look your Instagram.

Do you know him personally?
Im brazilian, born and live in Rio de Janeiro, i have around 30 years in MMA world (since Vale tudo in Rio streets). I know some infos about brazilian fighters. About Jonas, look this interview in 2019, hes talk about 3 years 100% out MMA. Many red flags against him, love your fight style but maybe your focus dont be in MMA full time. Sorry my bad english but love this fórum, the best of the world.

https://tatame.com.br/afastamento-t...periodo-fora-do-esporte-e-nocaute-devastador/

Canaan improves a lot since Chase fight. Stand and ground game is very good. Maybe your red flag is gas tank but against Jonas big layoff and much more red flags, Canaan is favorite on this fight imo.

Last edited:
Canaan improves a lot since Chase fight. Stand and ground game is very good. Maybe your red flag is gas tank but against Jonas big layoff and much more red flags, Canaan is favorite on this fight imo.

I also don't think the work he did in that fight should be discounted. Absolutely dominated Hooper rd 1, nearly subbed him himself. Then he just gassed super hard, and STILL survived 8 minutes of Hooper attacking subs which isn't easy. Canaan was only 20 at the time himself too. He could do very well in the UFC.

Not sure about the guy fighting Achilles especially, Achilles is legit.

My only issue is that I honestly cannot find tape on his opponent. Achilles will probably KO him easy, but maybe there's a possibility this dude's actually a killer.

There is plenty of tape on Qiu though, and he's a striker who's average at best. Has some knockouts but his power seems equally average to his technique. Erisson on the other hand looks fantastic on the feet. Hasn't faced a lot of great comp, but normally with seeming-can-crushers we see just power + okay striking. Erisson is super technical with that power. Even when he gets hit or flurried, he stays composed and doesn't get fazed. Should be an absolute clinic if not an early knockout. I wouldn't waste a dollar on Qiu here.

My only issue is that I honestly cannot find tape on his opponent. Achilles will probably KO him easy, but maybe there's a possibility this dude's actually a killer.

There is plenty of tape on Qiu though, and he's a striker who's average at best. Has some knockouts but his power seems equally average to his technique. Erisson on the other hand looks fantastic on the feet. Hasn't faced a lot of great comp, but normally with seeming-can-crushers we see just power + okay striking. Erisson is super technical with that power. Even when he gets hit or flurried, he stays composed and doesn't get fazed. Should be an absolute clinic if not an early knockout. I wouldn't waste a dollar on Qiu here.

Yeah, if I was going to risk any of the Chinese fighters it would be Shang seeing as a 20 fight win streak is nothing to be sniffed at wherever you do it. Only problem is he's got Puerta, who's super legit.

Im on Canaan, Shang and Achilles itd.

Back