News CoronaVIRUS MEGA THREAD DEATH TOLL: 452,271

Are you scared of getting the Coronavirus?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For sure, it's a mutation.

It could have mutated into the new Spanish Flu, it was certainly contagious enough.

What's hilarious is the "just a flu" imbeciles ignoring how much more lethal this was, and still might be. I said months ago I was hoping this would mutate into oblivion and I still hope that. No matter what happens, now, though, this was always deadly serious. The number of daily deaths in the places this spiked were insane, and how hard this thing pushed even though the lock down should have shut people up, but stupid is as stupid does.

CA still had its highest amount of new cases ever yesterday and thousands of people are dying daily. This is far from over. Protestors need to wear masks. This isn't the flu. It has never been the flu. We're over 100K deaths here. Measures still need to be taken.

Is this a stunt? An over-reaction?

I came back to my country and now in quarantine. I have a legal obligation to download an app that I have to report to twice a day and it tracks my location. It also alerts me when my phone has been inactive for too long and tells me to touch the screen, which is really annoying because I prefer to not look at my phone all the time. It's not comfortable knowing the government knows where I am all the time and I'm not allowed to turn off the location or even leave my phone idle in my own home. It's like they're making us more dependent on our phones than we already are. If I don't follow the rules, I will be fined or put in jail.

I also got tested negative.

It feels like a negative test should supersede the need for quarantine. I imagine this reflects low confidence in the actual tests.

As for your phone, how do you keep it "active" while you're sleeping? And if it can alert you, can't it just activate instead?

I agree. They said I still have to be in quarantine in my place but if I was positive, I'd have to be sent to a facility.

I think they're afraid of people who leave their phones at home and go out, so they want you to touch the screen to make sure you're not out. I didn't get alerts while I'm sleeping so I guess it doesn't do that during certain hours. But then the question is, how do they know I'm not leaving my phone to go out at night to party at the local bar?

Oh and I have to report my temperature and symptoms on it twice a day, but I don't have a thermometer and I'm not supposed to go out to buy one. They did say the local government will send me one, but it hasn't come yet. So I've just been lying about my temperature. I called and asked about it, and they just told me make up a number lower than 37 C unless I'm actually feeling sick.

Which country is this?

you dont have to worry about those very few just the flu guys

this is whats going to spread the virus we have hundreds of thousands of violent looting protestors, my City has a curfew in place, Long beach has a curfew, LA, san fran, portland, all over the USA

Be safe out there, all is cool in the wealthy burbs of NYC, my wife goes info Manhattan tonight, but things are pretty much under control around the city despite the news. Plus my wife will defend herself if necessary..

I came back to my country and now in quarantine. I have a legal obligation to download an app that I have to report to twice a day and it tracks my location. It also alerts me when my phone has been inactive for too long and tells me to touch the screen, which is really annoying because I prefer to not look at my phone all the time. It's not comfortable knowing the government knows where I am all the time and I'm not allowed to turn off the location or even leave my phone idle in my own home. It's like they're making us more dependent on our phones than we already are. If I don't follow the rules, I will be fined or put in jail.

There you go guys ..

Oppression and control .. Welcome to the new abnormal ..

RIP

33cb2ef783bae311aa1f65cfefa4544b58ee2806.jpg

Thats some 1984 shit

I would have picked jail

Korea was already like a dystopian future even before this shit.

In other news, I tend to look up happenings in Thailand because I was thinking of living there and apparently 29 people died due to traffic accidents on this day alone. 21,000 people die every year on the road in Thailand. 14,000 people contracted degue and 11 died.
3,082 people contracted corona and 57 died.

In my country, about 14,000 people died from suicide last year compared to 271 deaths from corona. The leading cause of death for teens and young adults is suicide. Nobody is stopping the breaks to prevent this from happening. The government isn't pouring resources into stopping something that is far more lethal. I'm not one those people who think this virus is a hoax or even necessarily overblown, but I am sick of the self-congratulatory bullshit for "beating" the virus.

It concerns me a bit because countries like yours, Singapore, and even bloody China are being slyly lauded by elements of the media as being "the way forward". There were genuinely sections of UK society on social media, commenting on videos of Wuhan residents being welded into their own homes or dragged screaming into isolation with things like "this is what needs to happen......our limp-wristed population would cry about human rights but this is how you deal with a pandemic".

We're essentially one awful character away from living in something of a dictatorship in the UK. The seeds have been sown now, "the people have spoken". Next pandemic, people will physically welcome being imprisoned if it results in them not having to be afraid. Fear is the easiest way to control human beings, and there's of very scared people on this planet.

Coronavirus May Be a Blood Vessel Disease, Which Explains Everything.

In April, blood clots emerged as one of the many mysterious symptoms attributed to Covid-19, a disease that had initially been thought to largely affect the lungs in the form of pneumonia. Quickly after came reports of young people dying due to coronavirus-related strokes. Next it was Covid toes — painful red or purple digits.

What do all of these symptoms have in common? An impairment in blood circulation. Add in the fact that 40% of deaths from Covid-19 are related to cardiovascular complications, and the disease starts to look like a vascular infection instead of a purely respiratory one.

Months into the pandemic, there is now a growing body of evidence to support the theory that the novel coronavirus can infect blood vessels, which could explain not only the high prevalence of blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks, but also provide an answer for the diverse set of head-to-toe symptoms that have emerged.

An infection of the blood vessels would explain many of the weird tendencies of the novel coronavirus, like the high rates of blood clots. Endothelial cells help regulate clot formation by sending out proteins that turn the coagulation system on or off. The cells also help ensure that blood flows smoothly and doesn’t get caught on any rough edges on the blood vessel walls.

“The endothelial cell layer is in part responsible for [clot] regulation, it inhibits clot formation through a variety of ways,” says Sanjum Sethi, MD, MPH, an interventional cardiologist at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. “If that’s disrupted, you could see why that may potentially promote clot formation.”

Endothelial damage might account for the high rates of cardiovascular damage and seemingly spontaneous heart attacks in people with Covid-19, too. Damage to endothelial cells causes inflammation in the blood vessels, and that can cause any plaque that’s accumulated to rupture, causing a heart attack. This means anyone who has plaque in their blood vessels that might normally have remained stable or been controlled with medication is suddenly at a much higher risk for a heart attack.

The theory could even solve the mystery of why ventilation often isn’t enough to help many Covid-19 patients breathe better. Moving air into the lungs, which ventilators help with, is only one part of the equation. The exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood is just as important to provide the rest of the body with oxygen, and that process relies on functioning blood vessels in the lungs.

https://elemental.medium.com/corona...isease-which-explains-everything-2c4032481ab2

Coronavirus May Be a Blood Vessel Disease, Which Explains Everything.

In April, blood clots emerged as one of the many mysterious symptoms attributed to Covid-19, a disease that had initially been thought to largely affect the lungs in the form of pneumonia. Quickly after came reports of young people dying due to coronavirus-related strokes. Next it was Covid toes — painful red or purple digits.

What do all of these symptoms have in common? An impairment in blood circulation. Add in the fact that 40% of deaths from Covid-19 are related to cardiovascular complications, and the disease starts to look like a vascular infection instead of a purely respiratory one.

Months into the pandemic, there is now a growing body of evidence to support the theory that the novel coronavirus can infect blood vessels, which could explain not only the high prevalence of blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks, but also provide an answer for the diverse set of head-to-toe symptoms that have emerged.

An infection of the blood vessels would explain many of the weird tendencies of the novel coronavirus, like the high rates of blood clots. Endothelial cells help regulate clot formation by sending out proteins that turn the coagulation system on or off. The cells also help ensure that blood flows smoothly and doesn’t get caught on any rough edges on the blood vessel walls.

“The endothelial cell layer is in part responsible for [clot] regulation, it inhibits clot formation through a variety of ways,” says Sanjum Sethi, MD, MPH, an interventional cardiologist at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. “If that’s disrupted, you could see why that may potentially promote clot formation.”

Endothelial damage might account for the high rates of cardiovascular damage and seemingly spontaneous heart attacks in people with Covid-19, too. Damage to endothelial cells causes inflammation in the blood vessels, and that can cause any plaque that’s accumulated to rupture, causing a heart attack. This means anyone who has plaque in their blood vessels that might normally have remained stable or been controlled with medication is suddenly at a much higher risk for a heart attack.

The theory could even solve the mystery of why ventilation often isn’t enough to help many Covid-19 patients breathe better. Moving air into the lungs, which ventilators help with, is only one part of the equation. The exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood is just as important to provide the rest of the body with oxygen, and that process relies on functioning blood vessels in the lungs.

https://elemental.medium.com/corona...isease-which-explains-everything-2c4032481ab2

Would this mean that doctors have essentially been trying to treat the wrong thing, if it's true? It might explain some things if so.

As expected, today's hospital deaths for the UK is slightly higher than last Monday due to last Monday being a bank holiday, so slower reporting of deaths:

114, as opposed to 77 the previous week. 77 was a very low number though, it was clearly unrealistic compared to the previous Monday (which was obviously, not a public holiday). I was expecting that, also expecting another slight increase tomorrow compared to last Tuesday which was part of the lag of reporting deaths.

I'm done wearing a mask. I'll wear one and gloves when I go see my mother, but that's it.

That article about Italy and the covid getting weaker is suoer promising. In the end, I guess we find out in a month when the protesters are done infecting people.

Would this mean that doctors have essentially been trying to treat the wrong thing, if it's true? It might explain some things if so.
no, not really. doctors are primarily treating symptoms. knowledge that endothelial inflammation can be part of the pathology of the disease will inform additional ways to treat patients, and give special considerations to patients with pre-existing endothelial dysfunction.

This must be why some people on the health forums are saying don't take Vitamin D3 supplements with K2 because K2 causes blood clotting try to get your Vit D from sun and foods so if you have Covid that makes it extra dangerous because of the clotting affect of K2, they were saying EMIQ form of Quercitin helps the Endothelial function and fish oil omega 3.
You're not going to get enough Vit D from the sun unless you work outside all day, especially as a black man, so don't neglect it.

Good to hear the fish oil is helping.

you guys still staying home, wearing masks and being super good boys? lol

RIOT-03105_1590913570.jpg

minneapolis-police_0.jpg

200531-USRIOTS-LA.jpg

I'm done wearing a mask. I'll wear one and gloves when I go see my mother, but that's it.

That article about Italy and the covid getting weaker is suoer promising. In the end, I guess we find out in a month when the protesters are done infecting people.

I wonder if it's just because the virus has run out of ultra vulnerable people to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back