International Coronavirus, v4: South Korea in Red Alert as number of infected quadrupled in 4 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest this prior but do not know why China does not utilize some of the Ghost Cities they have fully built out, with all services already there.

They could use military aircraft to airlift anyone in who is either infected or suspected or vulnerable due to contact. Keep them in separate cities or areas and very spread out. And bring in doctors and food as required. Just keep pulling out any of those 3 categories and get them out of the general population until you get this thing contained.

Most of the ghost cities are non-functional and crumbling. The building standards in China are not like here at all, corrupt the whole way, nothing is build to code. It's common for apartments and houses to start falling apart within 3 years.

Most of the ghost cities are non-functional and crumbling. The building standards in China are not like here at all, corrupt the whole way, nothing is build to code. It's common for apartments and houses to start falling apart within 3 years.

I saw a picture on from one of those bad construction sites and I wish I could find it.. The walls were crumbling and it had newspaper inside of the wall for... Something.

1800x-1.jpg

"Excavators dismantle a toppled 13-story building in 2009 at the Lotus Riverside apartment complex in Shanghai’s Minhang district. Bad project management, poorly trained workers, and loose monitoring affect the quality of construction Photograph by Shanghai Daily/Imaginechina"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-09-27/the-cracks-in-chinas-shiny-buildings

I think you are thinking of 'ghost towns' like they exist in the US. Towns that are run down and abandoned.

In CHina these Ghost Cities are state of the art and brand new and never occupied. Built during the rapid growth to get ahead of the newly wealthy and emerging business needs. They would be far better equipped and nicer than most of the areas the infected are now in.

Ultimately I think that might be CHina's concern. If they put the poor people in them those people may never leave willingly.

Ya but even if you believe 'the individual' is not important in China (in a communist system), this is impacting 'the whole' as it disrupts business and causes real GDP harm. A communist gov't does care about that even if you believe they don't care about 'the individual'.

they are clearly just trying to contain it and lessen the impact. There will always be people to replace the dead.

I saw a picture on from one of those bad construction sites and I wish I could find it.. The walls were crumbling and it had newspaper inside of the wall for... Something.

1800x-1.jpg

"Excavators dismantle a toppled 13-story building in 2009 at the Lotus Riverside apartment complex in Shanghai’s Minhang district. Bad project management, poorly trained workers, and loose monitoring affect the quality of construction Photograph by Shanghai Daily/Imaginechina"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-09-27/the-cracks-in-chinas-shiny-buildings

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

they are clearly just trying to contain it and lessen the impact. There will always be people to replace the dead.
Agreed.

But the problem is it is NOT being contained. It is harming business. It is hurting GDP.

When you leave the infected and potentially infected all together in one zone with the long incubation this has its almost impossible to ever be clear of it.

A guy infected today infects someone 15 days from now and so on and so on. Each incident requiring the quarantine period to be extended thus putting those without the disease but being forced to live amongst those with it, at risk.

Get the sick and the suspected out of the area and allow the healthy some room.

Ummm..... they are on a cruise ship together with a very infectious disease. It's not exactly a bib surprise that alot of people got it

Kind of is. This shit must be incredibly easy to catch.

And the number of hidden(unreported) cases is likely frightening

I think you are thinking of 'ghost towns' like they exist in the US. Towns that are run down and abandoned.

In CHina these Ghost Cities are state of the art and brand new and never occupied. Built during the rapid growth to get ahead of the newly wealthy and emerging business needs. They would be far better equipped and nicer than most of the areas the infected are now in.

Ultimately I think that might be CHina's concern. If they put the poor people in them those people may never leave willingly.

No, you're the one that's confused. You're applying western thinking, new =/= quality. We're talking about brand new apartments, build so poorly, with such shoddy materials, poor worksmanship and cut corners that they're literally falling apart within 3 years of existence. The construction industry in China scams people as a rule; their whole shtick is housing looking good for the first 5 mins when it's time for sell. After that, the house ages so poorly it looks 50 years old after 5-10 years. And even worse with ghost towns (fake demand) where CCP corruption was involved.

<26>
Sounds like you need to experience China mate

They are barely standing after a couple of years and very often just crumble and collapse on any squatters desperate enough to shelter in them.

(*) Special exception for idiotic Cambodia. Hun Sen is a mad man for letting all those people off "the ship without a country" Westerdam without a single test, and now everyone in Asia are scrambling to track down the dispersed passengers after one tested positive after arriving in Malaysia. I've been checking out some of the Asian forums and pretty much the entire South East Asia is currently cursing at Hun Sen like a flee-bitten dog

He was seen greeting everyone departing the cruise unprotected lol

2020_02_14T023110Z_1842656910_RC220F9D3FKP_RTRMADP_3_CHINA_HEALTH_CAMBODIA_CRUISESHIP.JPG

i had no idea hun sen was still kicking, next you'll tell me daniel ortega is still running nicaragua

People should be allowed to post information they find, this fake news and don't post what you can't confirm is bull. We need information on this and if there is a crackdown on it or people are not allowed to post information what is the point of having this thread. Does Tencent own part of this forum or something? I know China owns a ton of stuff around the world but it will be sad if they can start dictating what is shared on a karate forum sub-forum.

I suggest this prior but do not know why China does not utilize some of the Ghost Cities they have fully built out, with all services already there.

They could use military aircraft to airlift anyone in who is either infected or suspected or vulnerable due to contact.

That would work great, unless of course, you have 500,000 infected and that's why you've welded everyone's door shut.

Well, this is great. Just another "oops."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/v...an-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/vp-BB108xcd

Desperate search for cruise passengers after American tests positive for coronavirus
Duration: 01:45 3 hrs ago

Officials in Cambodia are scrambling to track down hundreds of Americans who may have been exposed to the virus after a passenger on a cruise ship that docked there tested positive.

People should be allowed to post information they find, this fake news and don't post what you can't confirm is bull. We need information on this and if there is a crackdown on it or people are not allowed to post information what is the point of having this thread. Does Tencent own part of this forum or something? I know China owns a ton of stuff around the world but it will be sad if they can start dictating what is shared on a karate forum sub-forum.
Agreed

Imagine taking upon yourself to protect the unwashed masses from unverified news items on karate forum sub-forum

1800x-1.jpg

Newspaper is early 20th-century wall-insulation tech. No, that was not a joke.

Anyway, transporting sick people to those high-rise death traps far outside the city center would be much more time & effort consuming to remove and cremate than a packed warehouse inside the city after they inevitably dies.

Well, this is great. Just another "oops."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/v...an-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/vp-BB108xcd

Desperate search for cruise passengers after American tests positive for coronavirus
Duration: 01:45 3 hrs ago

Officials in Cambodia are scrambling to track down hundreds of Americans who may have been exposed to the virus after a passenger on a cruise ship that docked there tested positive.
Being proactive instead of reactive seems to be a very difficult concept for governments around the world

Except for North Korea and Israel. They closed everything off real quick.

No, you're the one that's confused. You're applying western thinking, new =/= quality. We're talking about brand new apartments, build so poorly, with such shoddy materials, poor worksmanship and cut corners that they're literally falling apart within 3 years of existence. The construction industry in China scams people as a rule; their whole shtick is housing looking good for the first 5 mins when it's time for sell. After that, the house ages so poorly it looks 50 years old after 5-10 years. And even worse with ghost towns (fake demand) where CCP corruption was involved.
NO I am not, you are. Sorry.

That you think that were these people are coming from is so much superior is your ignorance and that is what matters. Is it comparable or better than where they are now. And the vast majority of people that are catching this are in some of the poorer inner cities. This would be a step up for now even if in 3 years its crumbling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back