Media Could Conor Mcgregor Even Beat ANYBODY in UFC Lightweight Top 10?

He can't even beat the scale at lightweight.

Yes? If we are to assume he can perform at the same level as last time then he would for sure beat many in the top 10. It’s OK to hate McGregor but do you have to be so deluded?

How is presuming he isn't at the level he was being deluded? In any case the contrary should be said going by his habbits and looks.

I think he went from a quick athlete to a stiff one rather quickly

Conor vs perry in bare knuckle would be fun

Conor definitely is a fighter at heart. And he’s definitely rich. He isn’t scared of pain but he definitely scared or tarnish legacy

There’s no way you can favor him in any of those fights. Whether you believe his recent losses were just tough opponents or a regression, it’s hard to believe he’s gonna be the same guy.

Almost 36, 3 years inactive, coming off a bad injury, plus if we’re assuming he’s cutting down after bulking up. Extremely likely all of this adds up to a bad time especially against guys that have been active and are top of the division.

Yes, he could beat Hooker, Turner and Chandler but those are toss ups. I actually think Dariush is his best style match up since Dariush doesn't have the best offensive grappling(his grappling defense is much better) and he's a bit chinny.

Depends if he regressed.

His demise was greatly overblown when he got knocked out by Dustin. I still think he was in his prime, he just...wasn't able to beat Dustin. The things he was good at he was able to execute against Dustin, his punches DID bother and stagger Dustin and he DID land on Dustin a lot more than vice versa - Dustin is just such a bigger puncher and before Gaethje he blew up everyone who didn't take him down.

If he's about the same as a few years ago, which probably isn't the case but let's give him the benefit of the doubt

I think he is a 40/60 chance against Chandler. Chandler is a better fighter and has better tools, but more so if he takes Conor into deep water or mixes in wrestling. Pure boxing which the bout might turn into because Chandler doesn't care about winning, Conor seems like he has better hands. Either way this is a good fight for him, and Chandler is past his prime as well. A bit of a pick em if Chandler fights ignorantly as he commonly does these days.

Everyone else? I think he beats Hooker rather convincingly. I think he could take Turner in a razor close fight, but Turner is starting to peak so it's possible he's taken another step.

Stylistically, I actually don't think he does bad against Gamrot in a 3 rounder. Conor is not easy to takedown and Gamrot has very little finishing potential. In a 5 rounder though I think Gamrot takes it assuming he doesnt get KTFO.

Conor from 4 years ago or so is still a top ten guy. Again, I have no idea if he is anymore.
Gamrot's got too good of a chin and offensive grappling IMO. Dariush is a much better style match up for Conor as his grappling offense isn't nearly as good and his chin is weaker.

The fact Chandler is ranked #5 is fucking hilarious.

He could definitely knock out Dariush or Chandler

I wouldnt say favored but he has a fair chance against the ones willing to strike with him, sherdog loves to hate on Conor but he isnt some bum, on his return fight its going to be rough for him, against anyone.

Nope, not anymore. He’s coked up now and way to rich. He’s not motivated anymore. He only pretends like he still wants to continue fighting. It’s only the casuals who believes him & Irish people.

I don't know, but we have to remember that Conor is very inactive and has not fought since 2021, its 2024 now.. he is not the same guy.. he is getting older and has his mind on so many other stuff like his restaurants and other businesses and then all the legal issues he has and making movies etc etc. Its not the same dedicated focused fighter anymore. He is a shell of himself. Not convinced he would beat any of them

It's very very slight, but he's already favored against #5 chandler

View attachment 1027054
He’s only favored because he’s so well known and odds makers know people who know nothing will bet on him just because of the two he’s the one they’ve heard of.

For example Lesnar was slightly favored over Mir in their first fight despite only having 1 mma fight in his career and Mir being a former champion. It’s the same logic, Lesnar was far more well known so oddsmakers knew if they made him the dog (as he rightfully should have been) they would receive a disproportionate amount of bets on him and they’d lose their asses if he happened to win.

The whole point of odds is to make sure the bookies make money regardless of who wins. They’re not a good reflection of who is actually more likely to win.

Last edited:
I'm sure a post like this has been made in the past, but me and a friend were looking at the rankings.

Would he actually be favored/beat among any of them? Even the 11th ranked BSD and RDA i think he wouldn't be favored to beat any currently.

View attachment 1027048
Short Answer? Yes.
He will need a little luck, of course.
But he has good hands, and could KO almost anyone he faced... So there's always a puncher's chance.

Back