Could Conor McGregor vs Nick Diaz ever happen?

thinkandbeslim

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Lets say the rubber match between Conor and Nate takes place and Conor wins.

Could Dana see a match-up against his big brother as the next most profitable, marketable and most winnable match-up for Conor at this point in his career?

I am not saying it should happen even though Nick is my favourite fighter and I would love to see it happen. Plus, I can't see Conor beating any top 5 fighters these days so why match him up against one?

What I would say is that the respectful "mature" version of Conor who showed up for the rematch against Dustin will never sell as many wolf tickets as the one who would promote a "revenge" match-up against Nick, with Nate in his corner and at the press-conferences.

All total WWE, I know, but it's still real to be, dammit!

Reactions: G10
Who the F cares, Conor is old news. He will get beat down by Dustin once more then disappear

Probably after the Poirier trilogy. If Conor loses he fights Nate. If he wins, he fights for the title.

Probably after the Poirier trilogy. If Conor loses he fights Nate. If he wins, he fights for the title.

That's what I believe will happen -> Dustin will beat Conor again, and will then fight Nate again.

Then what? I think Dana sees as opportunity to make one big pay day with Conor and makes the match with Nick, hyping Nick up to be the equivalent of Masvidal just to sell wolf tickets.

That's what I believe will happen -> Dustin will beat Conor again, and will then fight Nate again.

Then what? I think Dana sees as opportunity to make one big pay day with Conor and makes the match with Nick, hyping Nick up to be the equivalent of Masvidal just to sell wolf tickets.
it wasn't even close. I know its business and all but Conor better get some decent winning streak going before he fights Dustin.

I doubt it happens. I think I even heard one of the Diaz brothers say that they avoid fighting each other's opponents. Plus, unfortunately, most casuals have forgotten who Nick Diaz is/was.

BUT if it did happen, I'd be pumped to watch it, only because a motivated and in-shape Nick Diaz would beat McGregor more embarassingly than anyone else he's ever fought.

maybe now since their in the same point in their careers...nobody's

It's more likely than him facing that toys r us champion.

Never heard of fighters doing that - gotta love that DiazLogic!
So, I had to look it up again to be sure, and I was a little off. When they talked about avoiding each other's opponents, it had more to do with avoiding each other's major rivals/big money fights. Nick wouldn't fight Conor in the same way Nate wouldn't fight GSP; both guys are lucrative opponents for the other, so they stay in their own lane.

It turns out, they've both fought Gomi and Neer, but neither guy was a top-tier opponent at the time.

I doubt Nick ever gets into fighting shape again, but him fighting McGregor doesn't seem that unlikely to be honest. It's a pretty easy fight to sell

Back