Could Francis Ngannou beat 6"6' - 270lbs Primo Carnera?

pankrat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
85" reach jab with incredible endurance for a 270lbs man, Primo Carnera had also ton of heart and wrestling training.

full

Could the most feared standup man in NHB fighting today in Francis Ngannou beat Primo?

full

They actually had a simlar style when throwing hooks in combination, in rather sloppy but devastating way as we see from the 2:30 minut mark in this video

Awesome flexibility at 41" btw

My pick is Primo by endurance

He couldn’t even outbox 6’1 part time MMA fighter Black Beast...

<{yahyou}>

francis-ngannou-gets-punched-by-derrick-lewis-ufc-226-1040x572.jpg

Yeah alhough it's like Francis had an off night there.

Also I's say Lewis is a more devastating puncher than Primo was although obviously much lesser boxer and athlete

Ngannou probably takes him out inside the first minute

Ngannou probably takes him out inside the first minute

It was hard to take Primo away. The guy had ton of heart. Joe Louis did pretty quck job but Ngannou is obviously no Joe Louis

Ngannou did have Joe Louis level boxing but hits as hard with his hands as some people hit with kicks. Ngannou KOs Primo inside of 2 minutes.

It was hard to take Primo away. The guy had ton of heart. Joe Louis did pretty quck job but Ngannou is obviously no Joe Louis
Yeah Ngannou is not Joe Louis in terms of skills, but he’s way bigger.

Last edited:
Joe Lewis?
Man...Joe Louis outclass Ngannou.
I wasn’t talking about an Ngannou Joe Lewis fight. I meant that there’s no comparison when it comes to size between Louis and Ngannou. Ngannou is a massive guy with ridiculous power and I think he’d take Primo out quickly, especially if it was with MMA gloves.

Primo had a history of fixed fights from what I know about him. Ngannou is a massive guy with ridiculous punching power. I think he’d take Primo out quickly, especially if they used MMA gloves.

I wasn’t talking about an Ngannou Joe Lewis fight. I meant that there’s no comparison when it comes to size between Louis and Ngannou. Ngannou is a massive guy with ridiculous power and I think he’d take Primo out quickly, especially if it was with MMA gloves.

Primo was actually as big if not bigger than Ngannou. Louis took him out anyways. He is one of the most powerful, precise punchers of all time, even with his size that by the way wasnt that small, like 220 in his prime.

I think Primo can weather an initital storn from Ngannou and from there, he can work his jab, was extremely strong in the clinch as well, and especially his endurance was just in a whole other world than Nganou's

Primo was actually as big if not bigger than Ngannou. Louis took him out anyways. He is one of the most powerful, precise punchers of all time, even with his size that by the way wasnt that small, like 220 in his prime.

I think Primo can weather an initital storn from Ngannou and from there, he can work his jab, was extremely strong in the clinch as well, and especially his endurance was just in a whole other world than Nganou's
I’m really not high on Ngannou. He relies on ridiculous blitzes that he only gets away with because he is a freak and there’s not many guys who have the skills to survive or avoid them. Ngannou is a deadly counter puncher though.

I thought Louis was right around 200 lbs? There’s no doubt that Louis is way more skilled than Ngannou; it’s not even a discussion. I still think Ngannou would be able to blast through Primo though. In a boxing ring and a boxing match I can see more of a case being made for Primo however.

I’m really not high on Ngannou. He relies on ridiculous blitzes that he only gets away with because he is a freak and there’s not many guys who have the skills to survive or avoid them. Ngannou is a deadly counter puncher though.

I thought Louis was right around 200 lbs? There’s no doubt that Louis is way more skilled than Ngannou; it’s not even a discussion. I still think Ngannou would be able to blast through Primo though. In a boxing ring and a boxing match I can see more of a case being made for Primo however.

Maybe in his early 20s he was 200lbs but as a grown man, Joe was closer to 220.

Ngannou maybe had an off night with Derrick Lewis but watching it it's hard to believe he could blast through Primo who had about same size as Black Beast, way better distance management, lighter feet, more heart, and I'd say better chin. Let alone endurance.
Probably Lewis has a more devastating punch and it made Ngannou so overcautious

Maybe in his early 20s he was 200lbs but as a grown man, Joe was closer to 220.

Ngannou maybe had an off night with Derrick Lewis but watching it it's hard to believe he could blast through Primo who had about same size as Black Beast, way better distance management, lighter feet, more heart, and I'd say better chin. Let alone endurance.
Probably Lewis has a more devastating punch and it made Ngannou so overcautious
Ngannou fought scared against Lewis but he also didn’t seem to know what to do when Lewis decided to just stand there. Ngannou’s leading game consists of blitzes; he doesn’t throw out jabs or anything like that. Most of his knockouts are from counters.

I have a hard time picking guys who were fighting in the 1930s, 40s etc. It’s not like Primo was SRR. I haven’t seen much of Primo in all honesty but from what I have seen and what I do know about him I just wouldn’t pick him over somebody like Ngannou. Interesting thread anyway.

Ngannou fought scared against Lewis but he also didn’t seem to know what to do when Lewis decided to just stand there. Ngannou’s leading game consists of blitzes; he doesn’t throw out jabs or anything like that. Most of his knockouts are from counters.

I have a hard time picking guys who were fighting in the 1930s, 40s etc. It’s not like Primo was SRR. I haven’t seen much of Primo in all honesty but from what I have seen and what I do know about him I just wouldn’t pick him over somebody like Ngannou. Interesting thread anyway.

I have a hard time picking guys from that era vs modern elite boxers too but to be fair Ngannou is far from a elite boxer imo...
At the end of the day, Primo was a freak athlete even by moderns standards, 270lbs of muscle able to fight 15 rounds with no sign of exhaustion. He had not great instincts or natural ability as a boxer but he was well trained, hundred of pro fights of experience and ton of heart. Probably one of the weakest HW boxers from the modern era but despite his obscure mob reputation, he was still a legit champion for a brief.

I can see Ngannou blasting through most guys from back then by physicality alone but Primo would also be a bad stylistic matchup for him, he didnt rush, fough cautious behind his long, profficient jab and was a heavy clincher.

Too bad mods moved this weird thread to another forum, otherwise we would have gotten some more takes on it lol

Back