Could Rogan even win an MMA match vs CM Phil??

Wait you are comparing Joe the Hobbit Rogaine to Mike FREAKING Tyson?

Inbreeding must be stopped.

No...I'm saying that height means nothing....but guys on here seem to think it means something.

he was supposedly good at TKD and was a black belt / competed at state + national levels.
So why do you say "supposedly"? Don't his accomplishments allow you to drop that qualifier?

Honorary belt? dude, rogan has 2 black belts by 2 different people....he's been doing bjj for years and is a legit beast on the ground...stop with the rogan hate...he's wipe the floor with punk...
Yeah, he tapped Rampage Jackson on camera. Obviously he is very competent on the ground.

So why do you say "supposedly"? Don't his accomplishments allow you to drop that qualifier?

because TKD is a traditional martial art joke of a "sport" so even if someone makes it state or national levels it's impossible to say how real or quality that competition even is.

because TKD is a traditional martial art joke of a "sport" so even if someone makes it state or national levels it's impossible to say how real or quality that competition even is.
That doesn't make any sense. Regardless of what you think of TKD as a sport or a martial art, if you are going to assess someone's skill at TKD, wouldn't you look at their accomplishments within TKD? Its like saying Tiger Woods doesn't really deserve to be called a good golfer because golf isn't really a sport (not that I think that, but for rhetorical purposes). Maybe you think that Rogan's skill in TKD is not relevant to a real fight, but clearly he was skilled at it, regardless of what you think of TKD.

And if you are questioning how much meaning TKD accomplishments have, its a huge participant sport. It used to be easily the most popular combat sport in America and as an Olympic sport, there are certainly going to be no shortage of people dedicating their lives to get to the top of it. So clearly, national-level accomplishments at the blackbelt level in TKD are not simply given away, even if belts sometimes might be.

Didn't CM Punk enter some local IBJJF or NAGA tournament somewhere and not do so hot against a bunch of amateur hobbyists?

EDIT: Yeah, last year at Chicago Grappling Games. He placed 3rd in the 199 lb weight class against other Blue Belts... a division with three total competitors. This was in the gi, for what it's worth.

Didn't CM Punk enter some local IBJJF or NAGA tournament somewhere and not do so hot against a bunch of amateur hobbyists?

EDIT: Yeah, last year at Chicago Grappling Games. He placed 3rd in the 199 lb weight class against other Blue Belts... a division with three total competitors. This was in the gi, for what it's worth.
Rogan finished 4th...

<{Heymansnicker}>

Rogan finished 4th...

<{Heymansnicker}>

I know you're joking, but I suppose it's a fair point to make that Joe has no recent track record whatsoever in competitive grappling and hasn't competed in a striking sport since he got eliminated from a regional ammy kickboxing tournament in his early 20s, thus retiring from the sport with a record of 2-1.

These are not cream of the crop fighters.

I know you're joking, but I suppose it's a fair point to make that Joe has no recent track record whatsoever in competitive grappling and hasn't competed in a striking sport since he got eliminated from a regional ammy kickboxing tournament in his early 20s, thus retiring from the sport with a record of 2-1.

These are not cream of the crop fighters.
Thank you! People on here act as if Rogan is some uncrowned badass because he abuses PEDs and rolls around with Eddie Bravo.

Rogan is a short, insecure bully who knows who he can push around but anytime he is around a real/legit fighter, sucks up like a fangirl.

Last edited:
Thank you! People on here act as if Rogan is some uncrowned badass because he abuses PEDs and rolls around with Eddie Bravo.

Rogan is a short, insecure bully who knows who he can push around but anytime he is around a real/legit fighter, sucks up like a fangirl.

I'm under no such illusion. Don't get me wrong, he'd fuck up most untrained bums off the street. That just goes with the territory of being on the aforementioned PEDs and having years of grappling and some striking training, even if it is as a hobbyist. But I imagine there are some other "hardcore" martial arts hobbyists who could give him a run for his money in an MMA fight. Beyond that, I'd bet on any amateur fighter with a .50 record or better over him any day. Easy. Once you get to actual, active professional fighters, even from regional promotions? Lol.
<DisgustingHHH>

The thing is, Rogan, at least at one time, had the self-awareness/humility to acknowledge this. When interviewers would find out about his martial arts background and ask him why he never competed in the UFC, his response was to laugh in their face and say something to the effect of "And what? Go get my ass kicked?"

But a lot of his hardcore fan club never got the memo and the man himself tends to "buy his own press" these days...

Last edited:
I'm under no such illusion. Don't get me wrong, he'd fuck up a lot of untrained bums off the street. That just goes with the territory of being on the aforementioned PEDs and having years of grappling and some striking training, even if it is as a hobbyist. But I imagine there are plenty of other martial arts hobbyists who could give him a run for his money in an MMA fight. Beyond that, I'd bet on any amateur fighter with a .50 record or better over him any day. Easy. Once you get to actual, active professional fighters, even from regional promotions? Lol.
<DisgustingHHH>

The thing is, Rogan, at least at one time, had the self-awareness/humility to acknowledge this. When interviewers would find out about his martial arts background and ask him why he never competed in the UFC, his response was to laugh in their face and say something to the effect of "And what? Go get my ass kicked?"

But a lot of his hardcore fan club never got the memo and the man himself tends to "buy his own press" these days...
Bravo!
200.gif

Back