Could roundtree jr get the next title shot at UFC300?

Read OP plz. It's about who AP could defend against at UFC 300.
Didn't Ankalaev literally call put Alex for UFC 300 and say he's ready to step up for that? It's silly to write him off because of Ramadan when the man himself wants the fight.

No, there's no reason for Khalil to skip ahead.

Didn't Ankalaev literally call put Alex for UFC 300 and say he's ready to step up for that? It's silly to write him off because of Ramadan when the man himself wants the fight.

If ankelaev isn’t going to fast and will train through 300 give it to him, I just assume he won’t. I don’t recall him saying anything at all about UFC 300. If he’s not going to fight at 300 like I assume he won’t, then Roundtree is the only person available other than something completely out of left field

I didn't know that. Source?

If Ank is up for 300 then it should absolutely go to him.

If ankelaev isn’t going to fast and will train through 300 give it to him, I just assume he won’t. I don’t recall him saying anything at all about UFC 300. If he’s not going to fight at 300 like I assume he won’t, then Roundtree is the only person available other than something completely out of left field
I didn't know that. Source?

If Ank is up for 300 then it should absolutely go to him.

Near the end of the video, at the 6:40 mark, he says he's ready for UFC 300.

Walker KO'd Roundtree easily. Not sure Khalil has beaten the comp req'd for a title shot yet.

Considering the state of the LHW division I wouldn't be surprised if UFC did give him a shot. It's very unlikely though.

Shit that will never happen.
<PlusJuan>

Alex is likely to wait for Jamahal Hill and headline international fight week.

If he took any fight before that it would be Ankalaev, but that seems like a bad matchup for him and a dumb move when the Hill fight makes a lot of sense due to Hill voluntarily vacating as champ.

Might be the best matchup available for Pereira for this date, but it's absolutely not strong enough to headline a UFC 300 so there's 0 chance they go that way.

People talk as though Pereira as the main event is a must. Not if he's against Khalil Rountree.

If there's no good Pereira matchup available, expect them to go Khamzat vs Strickland/DDP

Shit that will never happen.
<PlusJuan>

Alex is likely to wait for Jamahal Hill and headline international fight week.

If he took any fight before that it would be Ankalaev, but that seems like a bad matchup for him and a dumb move when the Hill fight makes a lot of sense due to Hill voluntarily vacating as champ.
Yeah maybe but you’re forgetting they are short on options for ufc 300. I don’t think it should happen but if the ufc had to pull the trigger on a fight I could see them doing that

Alex did say he had upcoming fight news and that was before the Ankalaev/Walker fight so really who knows?

im absolutely certain there’s a worse example of someone getting a title shot who didn’t deserve it (colby is a recent example) but if they gave khalil a title shot it would actually be a complete joke

im absolutely certain there’s a worse example of someone getting a title shot who didn’t deserve it (colby is a recent example) but if they gave khalil a title shot it would actually be a complete joke
I think it would be a good thing if they just went ahead with it while no one else is availible. I always think if the champ is ready he should be able to get a fight. If only Roundtree picks up the phone he should get it. I'd rather see the champs fight and divisions move than just wait.

Many people say sean didn't deserve his title fight against izzy. And would argue but khamzat and dricus should have gone before him.

But those 2 couldn't make it, So they went down the list. I see it as only a good thing personally.

Alex did say he had upcoming fight news and that was before the Ankalaev/Walker fight so really who knows?

Yeah Me too, I was 100% conviced it'd be Izzy until he said he was hurt. he also made a post saying "I Lied". It's all very cryptic and I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean.

I'd not be too surpised with izzy playing media games like that to keep it a surprise.

Might be the best matchup available for Pereira for this date, but it's absolutely not strong enough to headline a UFC 300 so there's 0 chance they go that way.

People talk as though Pereira as the main event is a must. Not if he's against Khalil Rountree.

If there's no good Pereira matchup available, expect them to go Khamzat vs Strickland/DDP
Khamzat can't fight in the U.S.

Back