Could YOU go the distance with Floyd Mayweather?

My fat ass would’ve passed out during the walk out.

IMO could have been over after that one flurry by Jake, no sense of urgency from Mayweather as I expected. Casuals funded this venture so whatever.

I guess fighting a boxer isn't as hard as it seems if you are 18 years younger and 45lbs heavier. I don't know how I feel about all of these celebrity matches. it's really weird. Conor mcgregor/mayweather fight was weird enough I guess. But at least Conor is an elite striker in his own realm. But Jake Paul is a guy I hadn't even heard of 6 months ago. Much less his brother.

id knock his head clean off
tenor.gif

There was an obvious gentleman's agreement behind the scenes to go the distance and not hurt each other too bad. If this was hypothetically a legitimate, sanctioned boxing match where it would go on Floyd's record, Paul would have been done within 3 rounds. I highly doubt many people who are in decent shape couldn't jump around for 24 minutes when the fight was literally supposed to go all 8 rounds.

Im not buying this thesis. It was clear to me that Floyd was pissed off by the end that he couldn't KO him. Let's be realistic, Logan is an huge dude next to Floyd. Also Logan dodged some good shots to he head when he was against the ropes someone upload the gifs.
Floyd obviously won by points but I think he didn't want to risk getting clowned forever in case he pushed further for a KO and Logan landed a good one that could wobble you.

Not a chance, but i would try for the same money.

If all I had to do was survive, then I think I have a chance.

I would run around the ring and not throw a single punch.

I would clinch as much as I can.

I would always keep my gloves up.

I'd probably do a way better job since i could actually box and got the same height & reach & weight advantage as Logan & the fact I've watched his fights more than probably anyone else

but he'd catch me

Nah. Although I’ve been training for 9 years, and have significantly better technique than logan, im only 175lbs with shit cardio. I would probably crumble in the 5th with a solid body shot lol.

I'd touch him with the jab and deliver a wicked uppercut. Done. I round, 1 combo.

In one of these celebrity circus fights? I guess.

In a proper fight, obviously not.

There was an obvious gentleman's agreement behind the scenes to go the distance and not hurt each other too bad. If this was hypothetically a legitimate, sanctioned boxing match where it would go on Floyd's record, Paul would have been done within 3 rounds. I highly doubt many people who are in decent shape couldn't jump around for 24 minutes when the fight was literally supposed to go all 8 rounds.

Paul threw some hard punches in the first two rounds before he gassed. I don’t think there was any such agreement (I suspected a fix before the fight though). It’s just hard to knock someone out that’s that much bigger than you. Floyd was never a power puncher.

For what Logan got paid I’d try.

I’d beg for kickboxing rules though. It’s the least he could do

Back