Social Councillor dubs Boston the 'most racist city in the country'

Boston being an overly racist city is an old trope. Most people who say that have never been to Boston, or mistake the tendency of people here to tell it like it is as racism. There's just not a lot of pussyfooting around race stuff. The city itself is a melting pot of every ethnicity you can think of.

I have spent a lot of time in Boston. Grew up near there, went to college there, and am there often for work.

I do think there is a lingering racism in the city and the fact that Bostonians “tell it like it is” causes that to come out. I attend a fair amount of professional sports entertaining client and the racist shit yelled at players in Boston (and Philly) is far more common than other places and is tolerated more by security than at other places.

But like I said, I don’t think Boston is more racist than other places I just think they make less effort to hide racism.

83196087-13267793-image-a-16_1712155776682.jpg
How did I know this is exactly how this self victimized tool would look like before even seeing its pic.

They can't already walk into a farmer's market and purchase whatever they want? <JagsKiddingMe>

I've been to Boston and a lot of Mass. I loved it. <Fedor23>

I was surprised to read that at the very height of slavery in the US 1.8% of Americans owned slaves. With all the talk of reparations etc I was expecting it to be way, way higher.

Counting how, exactly?

Using Census data to research his book, Glatthaar calculated that 4.9 percent of people in the slaveholding states owned slaves, that 19.9 percent of family units in those states owned slaves, and that 24.9 percent of households owned slaves. (Households are a broader category than families.)

Slave%20Owners.jpg

Lol….

It is… just not the way you think it is

Insane. Unless we’re talking pot, not reporting children born with fentanyl in their system is perpetuating child abuse.

This stuff is going around. In Philly, where the murder rate is so bad they affectionately call the city “murderdelphia” progressive DA larry krasner refuses to prosecute felons in possession of illegal firearms because it primarily affects black and brown suspects. Do you wanna know what else primarily affects black and brown people-murder by other black/brown suspects
Sometimes you start to think that people who make such policies and decisions actually hate black people. Zero accountability for people almost always makes them worse off.

Counting how, exactly?

Using Census data to research his book, Glatthaar calculated that 4.9 percent of people in the slaveholding states owned slaves, that 19.9 percent of family units in those states owned slaves, and that 24.9 percent of households owned slaves. (Households are a broader category than families.)

Slave%20Owners.jpg
Damn That's actually even lower than I thought it would be. Thanks for pointing out how truly low it was...good job.

Damn That's actually even lower than I thought it would be. Thanks for pointing out how truly low it was...good job.

Weird how emotionally invested in this you are.

Why is diminishing the impact of slavery so important to you?

And how many people did you actually think owned other people?

Sometimes you start to think that people who make such policies and decisions actually hate black people. Zero accountability for people almost always makes them worse off.

Correct. They also hate babies and don’t care that these people that use drugs while pregnant are fit to raise goldfish. I actually used that line in court after the circuit judge asked me why I contacted cps after I encountered such a couple and I called cps and did a long ass report detailing the conditions of the house and why we got called there-really bad fight in which a guy almost died when the people dragged him into a closet and covered him with garbage so we wouldn’t see him, but I heard him moan.

Weird how emotionally invested in this you are.

Why is diminishing the impact of slavery so important to you?

And how many people did you actually think owned other people?
Laughing I'm not really emotionally invested in much that happened way back in the 17th Century...but I would have assumed it would've been a hell of a lot higher than that. The actual sad part is that Slavery still exists today and millions of people are still enslaved especially in Africa.

Laughing I'm not really emotionally invested in much that happened way back in the 17th Century...but I would have assumed it would've been a hell of a lot higher than that. The actual sad part is that Slavery still exists today and millions of people are still enslaved especially in Africa.

The last slave was freed in America during the second world war as a deterrent to Japanese propaganda.

The last slave was freed in America during the second world war as a deterrent to Japanese propaganda.
So way back 80 years ago...got it..... And thanks for that interesting tad bit of History.

So way back 80 years ago...got it..... And thanks for that interesting tad bit of History.

Jesus Christ, I tell you there were slaves in WWII and not only do you not even blink, you immediately say it was a long time ago.

The only reason anyone in the north every knew about it was the fact they accidentally enslaved a rich white kid and his family came looking.

The thing you seem incredibly happy to ignore is how hard the south fought back after emancipation. The history is all right there, all you have to do is not ignore it.

The unsurprising thing is you think it's funny. It isn't.

American Slavery Continued Until 1941

How many freed African-Americans were trapped in these systems from 1865 to the beginning of World War II?
It's impossible to determine the precise numbers, but in Alabama at least 200,000 African-American men were subjected to the most systematic form of neoslavery, the convict-leasing system. There were tens of millions of African-Americans that over this 80-year period either one way or another were forced to live on a farm or in a lumber camp or were forced into convict leasing by the perverted justice system.

Jesus Christ, I tell you there were slaves in WWII and not only do you not even blink, you immediately say it was a long time ago.

The only reason anyone in the north every knew about it was the fact they accidentally enslaved a rich white kid and his family came looking.

The thing you seem incredibly happy to ignore is how hard the south fought back after emancipation. The history is all right there, all you have to do is not ignore it.

The unsurprising thing is you think it's funny. It isn't.

American Slavery Continued Until 1941

How many freed African-Americans were trapped in these systems from 1865 to the beginning of World War II?
It's impossible to determine the precise numbers, but in Alabama at least 200,000 African-American men were subjected to the most systematic form of neoslavery, the convict-leasing system. There were tens of millions of African-Americans that over this 80-year period either one way or another were forced to live on a farm or in a lumber camp or were forced into convict leasing by the perverted justice system.

This is actually information that almost everyone knows...But If you would like to read a good book that these topics are discussed in is Black Rednecks and White Liberals by the great Thomas Sowell. Either way I'm tired of this discussion and You and Sherdog really needs a "Sigh" emoji...
It might really might help your messages to reaction ratio.....Laughing.

This is actually information that almost everyone knows...But If you would like to read a good book that these topics are discussed in is Black Rednecks and White Liberals by the great Thomas Sowell. Either way I'm tired of this discussion and You and Sherdog really needs a "Sigh" emoji...
It might really might help your messages to reaction ratio.....Laughing.

So you're going to retract your comment about the seventeenth century?

Those were the sixteen hundreds, by the way.

With Councillors like this is a Another Reason unfortunately the Democrats/Liberals right now are becoming a laughing stock.

Counting how, exactly?

Slave%20Owners.jpg

"Deciding that slavery was wrong was much easier than deciding what to do with millions of people from another continent, of another race, and without any historical preparation for living as free citizens in a society like that of the United States, where they were 20 percent of the population."

I'm sure I'd read/heard that, hence why I was surprised. From what I can see, youre correct, closer to 20%.

"Deciding that slavery was wrong was much easier than deciding what to do with millions of people from another continent, of another race, and without any historical preparation for living as free citizens in a society like that of the United States, where they were 20 percent of the population."

I'm sure I'd read/heard that, hence why I was surprised. From what I can see, youre correct, closer to 20%.

Not exactly, which is why I asked you how it was counted.

If it's per capita including non-slave states, it's far lower.

I have spent a lot of time in Boston. Grew up near there, went to college there, and am there often for work.

I do think there is a lingering racism in the city and the fact that Bostonians “tell it like it is” causes that to come out. I attend a fair amount of professional sports entertaining client and the racist shit yelled at players in Boston (and Philly) is far more common than other places and is tolerated more by security than at other places.

But like I said, I don’t think Boston is more racist than other places I just think they make less effort to hide racism.

I lived in the Boston area for a while also. I was in a Spanish area so not so bad. I remember walking to my sister's friends house though and this guy just opened his front door and yelled "You don't belong here N". I was more surprised by this because she lived probably 4 houses down from this person.

Pretty much had the same issues in Texas so I would agree that it didn't seem any worse. Actually I had a lot more luck with white girls in the Boston area than I did here in the South. I knew lots of girls in Texas who outright said they don't date black guys or told me they never hook up with black guys and I was the first one (even though I'm technically Hispanic).

Back