Countries with Untapped MMA potential

Enomoto Bros have like 0% swiss blood and Oezdemir has 50% tho.

Andy Hug is the only other guy I have in mind and he is not even a mma fighter

6'8'' 265lbs Björn Bregy without USADA could have KOed some fools back then.10917867_637239386403732_8433560588750296874_n.jpg

Thanks for that update. Haven’t been back in the last couple years. Are there TV shows dedicated to the sport?
Oh and one last off-topic thing, is your move still to France still on after all of this?
Fox Sports broadcasts both UFC and Bellator and a lot of people watch it so they do good numbers. Pretty sure most are super casual who don't know the difference between the orgs but they are getting familiar with it.
They also run old UFC events on random hours on weekends.

The only difference is that in the last few year or 2 (I stream, I don't have cable) they put all the PPV main cards on Fox Sports Premium which also has soccer (goodbye Futbol para Todos).

When Ponzinibbio headlined against Magny here in an incredible weak card the tickets were expensive but I think they sold out. Santiago could have became a big star here with a raly through every single talk show like Maravilla did but he really missed the chance.

BTW yes... I postponed my trip from april 21th to June 1st to begin with. I'm pretty positive that I will not have to delay it even further but who knows. IDK how close are you following all the Covid-19 drama but if you swipe through all the paranoia there have been good news in the last couple of days about drugs to treat patients and casually France did the first study in one which had amazing results (Trump said they were going to test in the US).

I am surprised how little we have seen from Turkey.
Population, rich history of wrestling and many good kickboxers are from Turkey

Those kickboxers are almost exclusively from The Netherlands though. They just have a double nationality and rep Turkey.

Dagestan was not even on the MMA radar until recently. Now Khabib and Zabit are paving the way for a lot of new talent.

What other countries are a likely source of new MMA talent?

Thailand I think is an obvious choice with their great tradition of Muay Thai fighters, especially at lighter weight classes.

Where else?
Albania (Kosova also included since they are one nation and should be one country). Albanians are the toughest people in the Balkans (toughest region in the world) with the proper training they would dominate MMA.

Montenegrins also would’ve made a great addition but they are too lazy to even train anyways.

Even haters such as @grimballer can’t argue with this statement.

Albania (Kosova also included since they are one nation and should be one country). Albanians are the toughest people in the Balkans (toughest region in the world) with the proper training they would dominate MMA.

Montenegrins also would’ve made a great addition but they are too lazy to even train anyways.

Even haters such as @grimballer can’t argue with this statement.
I wonder what @Kertol thoughts on this are.

Why?

I think one needs infrastucture (gyms, coaches, etc) and/or some deep rooted traditions in some sports related to MMA (e.g., folk wrestling in the US, sambo in Dagestan, kickboxing in the Netherlands, rugby for polynesians and so on).

"Getting big" (i.e. popularity) in and of itself has little to do with a country's potential imho.
Not that it matters, but you should have mentioned wrestling in Dagestan. Sambo isn't even close to wrestling in Dagestan.

Mongolia

Unleash the wrath of the Khans!
Dagestan was not even on the MMA radar until recently. Now Khabib and Zabit are paving the way for a lot of new talent.

Thailand I think is an obvious choice with their great tradition of Muay Thai fighters, especially at lighter weight classes.

Where else?
Here's one no one heard of: country of Nepal.
U wanna talk about Dagestan being a country of mountain? There's 10 of the highest peak in this small ass country.
For some crazy reason Britain been recruiting men from this country for the past 100 years into their army when they failed to capture the country and have classified them as one of the martial race of the world.
Half the population is descendant of Genghis Khan or Mongolian.
Their army was Hitler's wet dream he once quoted saying "if i had gurkhas, no army could defeat me".
But the country is too poor and no one is willing to invest money in it let alone for mma.

Last edited:
Central Asia as a whole; Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and probably Turkmenistan and Tajikistan. The first three are very strong countries in amateur boxing and have a strong team in wrestling (Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan - more freestyle; Kyrgyzstan - Greco-roman).

I’m convinced Mexico can be a force in MMA if they had the right resources. Just look at the massive number of Mexican-American MMA fighters. They have produced many great boxers and have a strong lucha libre tradition - not real combat, I know, but still related.

My guess is the lack of MMA gyms and lower incomes is the reason why we haven’t seen too many MMA prospects coming out of Mexico.

The USA...

Because all of the best fighters are in the NFL or NBA

200w.gif

Where else?
u should expect some good talents from Uzbekistan in future MMA start to grow over there with succes of Makhmud Muradov he also start some academies with support of government

i would like to say Czech too but we got more K1 talents then mma but future is very bright

Enomoto Bros have like 0% swiss blood and Oezdemir has 50% tho.

Andy Hug is the only other guy I have in mind and he is not even a mma fighter
Yea, the only good feats from Switzerland are their chocolate and mountain trail cloths

First civilizations: on route from India and northern Africa around long rivers + ideal climate for agriculture. Other big civilizations from the past (China) developed around multiple rivers around the same parallels.

Second "wave": still climate + contact with previous ones in Middle East and north Africa. Gene mixture deriving from contact made them more resistant to diseases.

It's really not THAT hard to grasp.

They have the highest IQ in the world and unlike Americans they are able to own guns without slaughtering kids. Just saying.
Oh I know, my brother lives and works there for a decade now. I like it but it's seriously no untapped market for new super fighters.

Probably the biggest untapped talent pool for MMA is in Judo but your both dealing with a sport that's VERY hostile to MMA involvement and one in which fighters can earn significant amounts within it dispite the lack of pro leagues, good state funding and the chance to become quite famous.

Even during Pride it tended to be the case that they only got judo talent who had finished there prime years in the sport before moving across and indeed often didn't really cross train much.

First civilizations: on route from India and northern Africa around long rivers + ideal climate for agriculture. Other big civilizations from the past (China) developed around multiple rivers around the same parallels.

Second "wave": still climate + contact with previous ones in Middle East and north Africa. Gene mixture deriving from contact made them more resistant to diseases.

It's really not THAT hard to grasp.

They have the highest IQ in the world and unlike Americans they are able to own guns without slaughtering kids. Just saying.

Oh it's large rivers now..........

Sentinel island. Those guys will fuck your shit right up. Danny white wouldn't even get out of there alive

Back