Covington saying he dropped Kim 3 times....

'Suga Daddy'

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
  • Striking with Demian Maia?
“I could tie one hand behind my back and still beat him in a striking contest. He has pathetic striking. Yeah, his striking is effective when it’s against guys that are worried about takedowns. You think I’m worried about him taking me down? He has J.V. [junior varsity] level takedowns. Those takedowns aren’t going to work against an All American wrestler who’s been defending takedowns since he was 5 years old. I’m a completely evolved fighter. I dropped Dong Hyun Kim, last fight, 3 times, almost finished him with a knockout. He’s a pretty vicious striker; he’s knocked out a lot of good fighters and a lot of good strikers in the UFC. My striking is sneaky good, people are sleeping on it, and that’s what’s going to happen this fight; I’m going to sleep Demian Maia for all the people that have slept on your striking in the past.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...maia-ufc-sao-paulo-fight-night-119-brazil-mma

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 3.13.31 pm.png
Yeah sure buddy.

He's right about sleeping people.

Maia P4P king of snooze fest. Makes this a belt fight of boredom.

The title fight was boring but Maia is definitely not a boring fighter.

Demian+Maia+Neck+Cranks+Rick+Story+UFC+153.gif

He's right about sleeping people.

When you match up Maia with another boring fighter it's a disaster. I would like to forget his instant classics against Woodley, Yakolev, LaFlare, Shields, Fitch etc. but sadly, I can't. Definitely won't watch this one.

Yes he is. Worse numbers than MM. His opponents carry his views, big reason Woodley didn't want to fight him.

Demian+Maia+Neck+Cranks+Rick+Story+UFC+153.gif

Maia's 2 title fights were the worst of the modern era

If you don't let him take you down or you don't completely stop fighting, he won't do anything

• Striking with Demian Maia?
“I could tie one hand behind my back and still beat him in a striking contest. He has pathetic striking. Yeah, his striking is effective when it’s against guys that are worried about takedowns. You think I’m worried about him taking me down? He has J.V. [junior varsity] level takedowns. Those takedowns aren’t going to work against an All American wrestler who’s been defending takedowns since he was 5 years old. I’m a completely evolved fighter. I dropped Dong Hyun Kim, last fight, 3 times, almost finished him with a knockout. He’s a pretty vicious striker; he’s knocked out a lot of good fighters and a lot of good strikers in the UFC. My striking is sneaky good, people are sleeping on it, and that’s what’s going to happen this fight; I’m going to sleep Demian Maia for all the people that have slept on your striking in the past.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/10...maia-ufc-sao-paulo-fight-night-119-brazil-mma

View attachment 288469
Yeah sure buddy.
so grapplefuck incoming :p bet he thinks he can TKO Maia from top position

If you don't let him take you down or you don't completely stop fighting, he won't do anything
And yet Maia pushed forward for 50 minutes and both fights went to decision.

I hate this dude so much. Had a snooze fest with Kim then got on the mic and started saying he's the best in the world and he's ready for his title shot.

And yet Maia pushed forward for 50 minutes and both fights went to decision.

>Maia pushed forward for 50 minutes

Maia cowered and ran away for 15+ minutes of the Anderson fight until Anderson got mad and started doing it back out of spite

10001176.gif

2efi93m.jpg

>Maia pushed forward for 50 minutes

Maia cowered and ran away for 15+ minutes of the Anderson fight until Anderson got mad and started doing it back out of spite

10001176.gif

2efi93m.jpg
lol, Silva acted like an ass the entire fight. In R1 he throws around 10 strikes to Maia's 3.
Maia also went for 3 takedowns.

Then Maia had to chase him for the last 2 rounds.

That fight and the Woodley fights sucked because of AS and TW, not DM.

lol, Silva acted like an ass the entire fight. In R1 he throws around 10 strikes to Maia's 3.
Maia also went for 3 takedowns.

Then Maia had to chase him for the last 2 rounds.

That fight and the Woodley fights sucked because of AS and TW, not DM.

>3 strikes in a round
>not his fault the fight sucked

Anderson attempted 111 strikes to Maia's 51

Anderson landed 61 to Maia's 10

Maia's lateral drop to triangle choke from mount sequence against Chael Sonnen is still one of my favorite submissions of all time. I can't seem to find a gif of it though.

It also speaks to how dangerous Maia is on the ground, that both Anderson and Tyrun avoided him like the plague, and this is coming from a Andy nutthugger.

Last edited:
No way Maia beats Covington considering the respective stages of their careers and the way they match up. If Maia is the favorite I will definitely put money on Colby.

Maia's lateral drop to triangle choke from mount sequence against Chael Sonnen is still one of my favorite submissions of all time. I can't seem to find a gif of it though.

2nbrjmf.gif

Back