News Crawford vs Madrimov - Tszyu vs Ortiz & Pitbull Cruz vs Valenzuela Saudi/PBC/Matchroom/Salita show in Los Angeles Aug.3rd

So is Oscar not involved with the promotion of this card at all? How does that work if vergil ortiz is a goldenboy fighter? That must be another reason why he would be bitter

Because someone from outside his circle of rival promoters is putting on better cards than he is, and his ego just can't take it. Even Arum said recently that he doesn't think we'd have ever got Biev vs Bivol without Saudi support.

Big win for Al Haymon. My understanding is he doesn't have as many dates as he wants with Amazon (hence why he was looking for a second deal). Now the Saudi's can pay his guys to stay active (my only real criticism of PBC). The Saudi regime is pure evil, but this is an excellent move for the boxing industry.

Count me in brother … driving that weekend from LV to Cali … for sure
Oh right on you're a Vegas guy! I went to grad school at UNLV and lived there from 2010-2012. I love Boise, but I think about Vegas all the time. Enjoy all the cards my dude! GO REBELS!

So at one weight class and just one org there will be 3 "champions."
-Champion in recess - Mel Charlo
-Champion- picking Crawford
-Interim Champion - picking Ortiz

Lol boxing is so silly.
at least when the UFC has a silly belt everyone knows its not a real belt and is much more of an entertainment thing.

these excess belts in boxing have already turned off a lot of potential fans. people just dont have the patience to do all the research needed to find out what belts are really important and which are just trinkets for more sanctioning fees.

Because someone from outside his circle of rival promoters is putting on better cards than he is, and his ego just can't take it. Even Arum said recently that he doesn't think we'd have ever got Biev vs Bivol without Saudi support.
But ortiz had something in his contract that allows him to work with other promotions while signed under goldenboy?

at least when the UFC has a silly belt everyone knows its not a real belt and is much more of an entertainment thing.

these excess belts in boxing have already turned off a lot of potential fans. people just dont have the patience to do all the research needed to find out what belts are really important and which are just trinkets for more sanctioning fees.
Unfortunately it's been like that for decades or at least since I can remember.

Nobody would care if they actually unified them in a few fights but its never as simple as that.

Top to bottom the best boxing card ever in the US. Props Riyad Season and everyone involved. Should be tremendous! :cool:

Seems to me like of those "tons of fun" cards where we all know who's winning each fight but we'll watch anyway.

Reminds me of the christmas card, although that one did provide an important upset. If one happens here, which one do you think it'll be?

I don't see baby miller even getting close to beating Andy Ruiz unless Andy is garbage after all the down time.

But ortiz had something in his contract that allows him to work with other promotions while signed under goldenboy?

Golden Boy's logo is on the bottom of the poster, so they are getting paid too.

Golden Boy's logo is on the bottom of the poster, so they are getting paid too.
Ortiz -GB 1

Madrimov- Andy Cruz Matchroom 2

PBC- Pitbull-Valenzuela-Ruiz-Morrell-Tszyu(co-promoted by No-Limit) 5

Salita-Miller

Kalajdzic and Moran - not sure …

Crawford- free agent

I like Madrimov, but he is getting finished here. Bud is too good.

This is going to be the tightest card to date, I will invite my guests and get the slab ready for the great feast. We shall devour in peace...

That Tszyu/Ortiz fight looks good. Honestly, Ortiz look pretty sharp last night. That guy is pretty efficient. Tszyu might be in a bad follow up to the recent loss.

I like seeing these stacked boxing cards. Thank you, your excellency!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back