Crazy how Holloway is more OG than Volkonovski yet he's still entering his prime

Max was 18 when he started fighting, Volk was 22. Volk was considered to be in his prime less than a year ago. Max will likely be done in a couple years.

Max had his amateur MMA debut at 14 and amateur kickboxing debut at 15.

max is still entering his prime? my god some of you get way too carried away with this stuff.

There are lots of reasons for this. Wear and tear not only from fighting but from training. Age is a relative thing as well. Some 30 year olds look and feel in their 40s, while some 40 years old (Yoel) look and feel like they are in their 20s.

Yoel doesn't look like he is in his 20s sherbro. <lol>

He does look immortal though.

Randy Couture didn't hit his prime until his 40's
Randy's late-late start is an anomaly. Starting at the age 33 means that he was at his physical prime when he started. The start of the prime of his fighting might be when he was 40 (he was 12-5, btw), but he was exiting his physical prime. The best of the best fighters in modern times, start younger and try to hit those peaks at around the same time, or use the prime of their fighting skills to extend their peak at the top a little longer.

Max is not in his prime 14 years into his career.
I get what ur saying but He is though. His defense and footwork against Gaethje was on another level of awesome. His punches are coming out quicker and more precise. Even his jab is better than it has been. Over the last 2-3 fights I've noticed it, and then when he fought Gaethje he looked out of control good. If he ever added more kicks he would be unstoppable

Back