Crazy Stat about Rumble at LHW

He dominated Phil Davis and put Bader to sleep in 13 seconds.
To be nitpicky, Glover was the 13 second KO. Bader was a minute something I think.

Reactions: mkt
Gus has one of the better chins at LHW and never went out from all those shots from Rumble. He got caught throwing some lazy kick. Gus wins more times than not against Rumble. Gus beat Jon and DC. Refs didn't give Gus the win bc of his white privilege. Its a conspiracy bro.
So many conspiracies today. Takes a special type of mind to fall for them...

And the crazy thing is he absolutely hated fighting. Didn't have the warrior spirit of someone like Jones, Shogun, DC etc

I never hitched my wagon to him. He always quit when the going got tough.

Jones would have been the centerpiece of the heads on his wall.

Yeah, it's too bad he fought at the peak of LHW with prime Jones and Cormier. Outside of those two, I don't see anyone beating him via grappling. He dominated Phil Davis and put Bader to sleep in 13 seconds.

Outside of Poatan (which would be a war), I wouldn't give any LHWs past or present a big chance of finishing Rumble if they chose to stand for 3 to 5 rounds.

I know someone will bring up Vitor but there are a few points
  • That wasn't at 205 (where Rumble fought best). Rumble came in way too heavy and had a bad weight cut
  • The stand-ups were total BS. I think Rumble knew Belfort was a front-runner who usually faded by R2 against good competition so he decided to take him down and gas him out. The ref made them stand up twice in record time.
  • It was in Brazil where much of the reffing was odd and favored Brazilian fighters.

Dude how did you miss in your bullet points that Rumble missed weight multiple times leading up to the Vitor fight and they actually put a rehydration clause on Rumble as terms for Vitor accepting the fight? On top of that as you said, the oddly biased standups from the ref. One of the more bizarre fights I can remember, Rumbles body was literally failing.

I think Rumble would beat Pereira, potentially however he wants. What a wasted talent in some ways, his career was so mismanaged. 205 has regressed so much.

When you see Rumble's path of destruction in the division is insane that DC survived him and beat him twice.

Hell DC's chin is extremely underrated, dude took clean shots from rumble, a clean headkick from a roided to the gills Jones and like 25 body shots in a row on his huge belly by Stipe and never went out.

Its a shame Rumble was taken from us, dude would probably be on his way to making a milly at PFL right now.

Reactions: mkt
When you see Rumble's path of destruction in the division is insane that DC survived him and beat him twice.
No its not. DC is great. Rumble wasnt.

He was to 5 LHW of all time. Lost to DC. That's it. Him Jones should of happened

DCs pressure was extremely underrated. The only person it didn't work on was a juiced up peaking Jon Jones. Everyone else got overwhelmed.

It wasn't even DC's pressure that caused issues in the rematch, dude literally came out initiating the wrestling with an Olympic wrestler and gassed himself out grappling.

It was truly as bizzare a performance you'll ever seen.

I just wish Rumble didn't fight at the lower weight classes so long, would have been much more successful had he just always been at 205. One of thr hardest P4P hitters in history.

I just wish Rumble didn't fight at the lower weight classes so long, would have been much more successful had he just always been at 205. One of thr hardest P4P hitters in history.
It's wild because Rumble started fighting in the UFC a year before Jones. Unlike others here, I think Jones would've been a very bad matchup for Rumble (great chin, could avoid strikes with reach and movement, could take down and submit/GnP pretty much anyone in his early days). However, I could see Rumble making waves and being champ briefly before Jones. He'd probably KO someone like Shogun or Forrest who wouldn't know what hit them.

In any other era he could be LHW champ for a while. I'd take him in a striking match over anyone (well Poatan is a toss-up). And if prime Bader and Davis couldn't beat him with wrestling, I don't see anyone not named Jones or Cormier pulling that off.

Last edited:
Back