Crocop or Pereira, a better combat sports athlete?

Full respect as a fan of Alex (and his great accomplishments), but CroCop was next level. CC, from a young age, had all of his focus into building his body into the best physical specimen possible, designed and developed for wrecking others in any combat role.

Those guys have incredible stories, so fans can love & respect them both.

Ehh, Poatan's mma run had higher highs and his kickboxing career was more consistent. Cro-cop has him beat for longevity for the time being.
Not just longevity. He didn't get to avoid the wrestlers and has a much more impressive list in his win collumn

Not just longevity. He didn't get to avoid the wrestlers and has a much more impressive list in his win collumn
Alex will run into one soon enough. Cro-cop was never that "guy" in his weight class like Alex was either. He was always fighting for second to Big Nog and Fedor.....

. A head to head match up, prime for prime, I think Crocop rips Pereira a new one
I think in his prime.. Mirko was juiced to the gills.

Big fan of him.. love the dude. But back then all guys were on everything.

Personally, its difficult to compare since the times have changed so much since Cro-cop was elite. It just depends on if you value K1 wins over Glory Titles or if you value double weight class champ status over the Pride win streaks. A really apples to oranges scenario here.

I think in his prime.. Mirko was juiced to the gills.

Big fan of him.. love the dude. But back then all guys were on everything.
everyone is on the apple sauce. just only a select few are stupid enough to get caught and get de-legitimized for it

pereira's level of competition has been lower but he's been far more dominant than cro cop ever was. i'd say it's a wash.

pereira's level of competition has been lower but he's been far more dominant than cro cop ever was. i'd say it's a wash.
saying its lower is a little presumptous considering that pride had a plethora of can crushing events for mirko. only a handful of mirko''s comp, i'd esteem above strickland in the grand scheme of things.

everyone is on the apple sauce. just only a select few are stupid enough to get caught and get de-legitimized for it
Brother.. I watched every K-1 GP because I love kickboxing. Not saying most MMA fighters are 100% clean but it was outrageous in K1 back in the day.

2 words: Bob Sapp

Alex will run into one soon enough. Cro-cop was never that "guy" in his weight class like Alex was either. He was always fighting for second to Big Nog and Fedor.....
But Alex has no guys like that in his way. Not at lhw anyway

Brother.. I watched every K-1 GP because I love kickboxing. Not saying most MMA fighters are 100% clean but it was outrageous in K1 back in the day.

2 words: Bob Sapp
1715552819345.png
1715552842459.png

cmon dawg. the weight limits cut us off from seeing bob sapp's. just because someone is not built like a walking erect penis doesn't mean that they are not roided like there is no tmrw.

saying its lower is a little presumptous considering that pride had a plethora of can crushing events for mirko. only a handful of mirko''s comp, i'd esteem above strickland in the grand scheme of things.
pride was definitely not his strongest opposition but overall, he's faced fedor, jds, overeem, barnett, big nog, mir, coleman, wanderlei. better resume than pereira in mma and definitely a better resume in kickboxing as well. i mean he faced damn near everyone in the golden era of K1 heavyweights.

mid? being a 2 time glory champion is nothing to scoff at. you can weigh the k1 tourneys more but to put them to the extreme that you are is laughable

Lol stop you clearly don't know shit about kickboxing. Glory talent pool in Poatans weight class and era compared to 90s HW K-1 through the early 2000s is like comparing professional sports to amateurs.

Mirko was a K1GP quarter finalist during the most stacked and competitive era of kickboxing ever- he beat elites like Hunt, Remy, JLB, Aerts, Bernardo and Greco. Poatan wouldn't have even qualified for one of those tournaments.

Poatan wouldn't even be in the top 10 from 1995-2005. He'd come around and have to fignt someone like young Badr Hari or Ruslan Karaev who weren't even considered the elites in those days and they would have absolutely melted him. Imagine what the elites would have done to him lol.

Poatan is a high level kickboxer by modern era standards but everyone knows todays era of kickboxing is significantly weaker. Back when none of the UFC fanboys even knew who Poatan was I watched him fight live in Glory and saw him get completely out classed by guys like Artem Levin and Artyr Kyshenko. Both good fighters but not on the level of elite K1 HWs from the 90s. Not even close.

There are levels to this sheet brather and you're either a UFC fanboy with Poatan euphoria and recency bias or you don't know shit about the levels of kickboxing history and think that a kickboxing champion today is the same as a K1 HW champion from the 1990s.

Educate yourself son.

Last edited:
Back