Crocop or Pereira, a better combat sports athlete?

can't say that terribly confidently. jiri or izzy could clip him if randleman could....

That's not how it works. It's like saying a lightweight knocked his ass out so Jiri will. Oh wait.

crocop was (entering) in(to) his prime during the golden era of (hw) kickboxing, that shit will never return. he fought the best of the best and some of them were all time legends. the level of opposition that crocop fought was much much more impressive than what alex had, but that's not alex's fault.

now the mma part.......crocop was one of the pioneers. transitioning from top of kickboxing directly into the top of mma. he did an amazing job, but he never was the king.
say what you want about alex......he got the job done in both disciplines and also in two weight classes the mma part is probably more impressive. crocop had the skills but he fought in an era when goats were fighting in his weightclass.

hoost/aerts/fedor etc. one cannot expect crocop to best them in their prime. alex has the better results and titles, but also less greatness in front of him.

The one that didn't get killed by Brendan Schaub

qSm8h0o.gif

Lol stop you clearly don't know shit about kickboxing. Glory talent pool in Poatans weight class and era compared to 90s HW K-1 through the early 2000s is like comparing professional sports to amateurs.

Mirko was a K1GP quarter finalist during the most stacked and competitive era of kickboxing ever- he beat elites like Hunt, Remy, JLB, Aerts, Bernardo and Greco. Poatan wouldn't have even qualified for one of those tournaments.

Poatan wouldn't even be in the top 10 from 1995-2005. He'd come around and have to fignt someone like young Badr Hari or Ruslan Karaev who weren't even considered the elites in those days and they would have absolutely melted him. Imagine what the elites would have done to him lol.

Poatan is a high level kickboxer by modern era standards but everyone knows todays era of kickboxing is significantly weaker. Back when none of the UFC fanboys even knew who Poatan was I watched him fight live in Glory and saw him get completely out classed by guys like Artem Levin and Artyr Kyshenko. Both good fighters but not on the level of elite K1 HWs from the 90s. Not even close.

There are levels to this sheet brather and you're either a UFC fanboy with Poatan euphoria and recency bias or you don't know shit about the levels of kickboxing history and think that a kickboxing champion today is the same as a K1 HW champion from the 1990s.

Educate yourself son.

Citing that Poaton lost to Artem as proof as why he is worse than K1 heavyweights makes little sense. Alex is better at middleweight than he is 205...

K1 is heavily romanticized to say the least. It was exciting, well booked, and very popular - that doesn't mean that they are all gods.

Alex at his prime isn't a heavyweight, so I'm not sure about the relevance of him qualifying for a heavyweight tournament. Not to mention it is total conjecture.

Alex is an all time great in kickboxing, everyone in the kickboxing industry knows that. You're basically implying he's not even as good as Tyrone Sponge.

Citing that Poaton lost to Artem as proof as why he is worse than K1 heavyweights makes little sense. Alex is better at middleweight than he is 205...

K1 is heavily romanticized to say the least. It was exciting, well booked, and very popular - that doesn't mean that they are all gods.

Alex at his prime isn't a heavyweight, so I'm not sure about the relevance of him qualifying for a heavyweight tournament. Not to mention it is total conjecture.

Alex is an all time great in kickboxing, everyone in the kickboxing industry knows that. You're basically implying he's not even as good as Tyrone Sponge.

He's not as good as Sponge..Not even close lol

Sponge beat guys like Remy, Aerts, Sefo Samedov and Manhoef and had competitive fights with guys like peak Ubereem, Saki and LeBanner.

Poatan fanboys simply don't understand he never fought on this level and never won on this level.

I bet you must think Deontay Wilder is as good as Muhamad Ali just because he was also a champion. 🤡

Last edited:
I’d take Pereira as the better pure striker P4P but it’s hard to compare their careers.

Beating Izzy is probably the biggest win of either guys career and Pereira was also a dominate champ in KB which Mirko was not. If Pereira beats Ankalaev or any other grappling based fighter I think it’ll be pretty easy to see but outside of longevity the only edge I give Mirko is TDD and some offensive grappling skills.

Dunno about better pure striker, keep in mind they weigh the same yet Pereira was cutting weight to get beat up by Vakhitov and Levin, meanwhile Cro Cop was fighting and beating guys in their primes like Bonjasky, Lebanner and Aerts. Even their kickboxing careers are hard to compare, Cro Cop fought VASTLY superior competition in kickboxing and has way better wins, but he also lost more. In MMA if you compare Alex's body of work to Mirkos pre UFC, his wins over guys like Igor, Wandy, Barnett, Aleks, Coleman etc. Are damn good, Alex beat Sean, Izzy, Jan and Hill, those are his only top 10 wins, Hill was injured and not training and took the fight off the couch for money, Jan was 40 and it was. Controversial decision. Mirkos body of work is better for sure and he proved himself vs great grapplers. He also beat better kickboxers I'd reckon.

The guy who became champion not once but twice, just defended his belt, and has beaten like every one of the last 6 champions except his own coach. Who he's avenged twice now and who just gave him his black belt.

Jesus fuck you Pride fans are weird.

The guy who became champion not once but twice, just defended his belt, and has beaten like every one of the last 6 champions except his own coach. Who he's avenged twice now and who just gave him his black belt.

Jesus fuck you Pride fans are weird.

Poatan is a beneficiary of the least talented LHW and MW divisions in the last 10 years unlike Mirko who fought in the most talented kicknoxing and MMA HW divisions ever. Poatan is vastly overrrated in that sense. The guy lost to 43 year old journey man Jan. You're just a recency bias UFC fanboy. Prime Mirko would have stuffed Poatan and Izzy inside of a trash can in the same night.

I dont know much about kickboxing..especially Glory. But I do know when Crocop was in K1 there was a lot of really good kickboxers in that org then.

On paper it's easily Pereira but sometimes context does matter. Mirko fought in the Golden era of kick boxing and prime Fedor. Whereas I can't say the same for Alex. His win over Izzy was really, really good but it's a shame his LHW career is blossoming in one of the weaker, more chaotic times in the division's history. Especially after seeing Jon Jones reign.
LHW is so weak Pereira just became the first champion to successfully defend the belt since Jan.

Who he's also beaten.

Poatan is a beneficiary of the least talented LHW and MW divisions in the last 10 years unlike Mirko who fought in the most talented kicknoxing and MMA HW divisions ever. Poatan is vastly overrrated in that sense. The guy lost to 43 year old journey man Jan. You're just a recency bias UFC fanboy. Prime Mirko would have stuffed Poatan and Izzy inside of a trash can in the same night.
Yeah, HW was real stuffed when Randy Couture was champion and Mirko couldn't make it to the belt there either.

Oh.

Lol I don't understand why ppl hate Pride so much other than they were tuf gnubs tired of hearing about something they couldn't be arsed to watch cos it wasn't on spike tv or some shit.

Still doesn't really seem like enough to produce such venomous hate towards amazing times.

Haters of fun.

Get back in the school locker, Pointdexter.

pride was definitely not his strongest opposition but overall, he's faced fedor, jds, overeem, barnett, big nog, mir, coleman, wanderlei. better resume than pereira in mma and definitely a better resume in kickboxing as well. i mean he faced damn near everyone in the golden era of K1 heavyweights.
I like how you're including people who BEAT Cro Cop as part of his resume.

Never change Pride fans.

Alex is a 2 division champ in 2 different combat sports. Mirko's resume is nothing to sneeze at, but Alex has done something very special.

Lol I don't understand why ppl hate Pride so much other than they were tuf gnubs tired of hearing about something they couldn't be arsed to watch cos it wasn't on spike tv or some shit.

Still doesn't really seem like enough to produce such venomous hate towards amazing times.

Haters of fun.

Get back in the school locker, Pointdexter.
Nobody hates Pride. They hate the Pride fanboys who haven't moved on even after 18 years and constantly spout ridiculous nostalgia based nonsense.

It's a cult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Konster1
Back