Crocop or Pereira, a better combat sports athlete?

You just listed a bunch of lower ranked guys to prove the divisions suck.

But hey, 40 year old Coleman being similarly ranked = proof Pride was much more stacked
coleman annihilating igor > anything those guys have done, but ok. he had barely fought in the previous 5 years to fighting cro cop which is the only reason he was "similarly ranked" but he reached higher heights than anyone i named.

meanwhile robbing a 40 year old jan blachowicz is supposed to wow everyone.

Alex
2-division champion in Glory with 5 title defenses + 2-division champion in UFC with 1 title defense. His win over Adesanya in 2022 is also the best win between Mirko/Alex in mma, Adesanya was undefeated champion in the MW division (23-0) with 5 title defenses when he lost to Alex.

Cro Cop to me was the better kickboxer fought better competition with better wins there. Pereira has had more mma success with the whole two division champ thing that in right now.

You're just a recency bias fanboy who's too dumb to identify when a division suffers a massive decline in talent.

Glover became champion in this era and Journey man Jan became champion in this era. Glover was getting knocked dead by Gus and Rumble in those days. Jan was on the prelims.

And here morons like you are pretending Poatan is fighting in the best era of LHW ever and "we don't know how he'd do in those days" even though he just lost to Jan a few months ago.

Talking about low iq

🤡🐀
I didn't even form an opinion on who would win, or if you were right or wrong. Making your entire post here irrelevant. You clearly have God fucking awful reading comprehension skills. Going to guess sub 80 IQ now.

Citing that Poaton lost to Artem as proof as why he is worse than K1 heavyweights makes little sense. Alex is better at middleweight than he is 205...

K1 is heavily romanticized to say the least. It was exciting, well booked, and very popular - that doesn't mean that they are all gods.

Alex at his prime isn't a heavyweight, so I'm not sure about the relevance of him qualifying for a heavyweight tournament. Not to mention it is total conjecture.

Alex is an all time great in kickboxing, everyone in the kickboxing industry knows that. You're basically implying he's not even as good as Tyrone Sponge.

i was just pointing out one upset loss doesnt define a fighter.

All I was saying was that, Crocop in his prime likely is a smaller dude than Alex at his peak and head to head, Crocop would have ran through him in kickboxing.

i was just pointing out one upset loss doesnt define a fighter.

All I was saying was that, Crocop in his prime likely is a smaller dude than Alex at his peak and head to head, Crocop would have ran through him in kickboxing.

These UFC fanboys are delusional and clueless about kickboxing

Mirko beat guys like Remy, Aerts, Hunt and LeBanner.

Poatan got completely out classed by Artem Levin.

There are levels to this shit UFC recency bias fanboys are too dumb to even understand. They think a glory champion in 2020 is the same thing as a K1GP champion in 1995-2005.

These are the type of clowns who will tell you Deontay Wilder is as good as Lennox Lewis because he too was a champion.

🤡

These UFC fanboys are delusional and clueless about kickboxing

Mirko beat guys like Remy, Aerts, Hunt and LeBanner.

Poatan got completely out classed by Artem Levin.

There are levels to this shit UFC recency bias fanboys are too dumb to even understand. They think a glory champion in 2020 is the same thing as a K1GP champion in 1995-2005.

These are the type of clowns who will tell you Deontay Wilder is as good as Lennox Lewis because he too was a champion.

🤡

that's the spirit lol crocop forever!
200.gif

How is this even a question? Mirko didn't do shit in the UFC. And did he do anything in kick boxing? Seems like he always lost at the top, but maybe I missed something.

If Jan outgrappled him and took him to a split decision all those guys would be favorites over him. Let's not forget Jan is primarily a striker. 205 was way deeper 10 years ago and loaded with wrestlers.
Maybe, or maybe he clips them. I don't live in some god dam fantasy land like a nerd though, so it's all irrelevant and pointless to discuss.

Maybe, or maybe he clips them. I don't live in some god dam fantasy land like a nerd though, so it's all irrelevant and pointless to discuss.
Don't need to live in fantasy land, just need to look at how his fight with Jan went, who has worse grappling and was a journeyman 8 years ago.

Different eras, weight classes, drugs testings, competition all different.

Reactions: mkt
I don't think much of Cro-Cop's boxing record. If anyone can name some known boxers he defeated, that would help.

I’d take Pereira as the better pure striker P4P but it’s hard to compare their careers.

Beating Izzy is probably the biggest win of either guys career and Pereira was also a dominate champ in KB which Mirko was not. If Pereira beats Ankalaev or any other grappling based fighter I think it’ll be pretty easy to see but outside of longevity the only edge I give Mirko is TDD and some offensive grappling skills.
Honestly, Cro-Cop's TDD is overrated. He's mostly known for sprawling against a 40+ year old Mark Coleman who telegraphed his shots from 15 feet away. Big Nog, Gonzaga, Roy Nelson and other fighters who weren't elite wrestlers took him down.

If he repeatedly stuffed prime Cain or Cormier, that would be different.

The one that didn't get killed by Brendan Schaub
Or knocked into another dimension by Kevin Randleman (LHW wrestler) or Gonzaga (BJJ guy). World-class striking includes defense.

Back