Crocop or Pereira, a better combat sports athlete?

But Mirko probably would've beaten anyone Alex has beaten though.

By looking at Crocop UFC run, I'm no that sure. Unless that you're one of these guys who think that 32 yo Mirko was out of his prime?

CC right now because Alex has fought a grand total of 0 grapplers in the history of his professional career.

Which goes to show how much more corrupt today is than before. lol fucking imagine CC never fighting a single grappler in his lifetime yet somehow winning 2 belts. Unreal.
Could you imagine if someone like Couture was champion during Cro Cop's time? Cro Cop would've won the belt easily.

By looking at Crocop UFC run, I'm no that sure. Unless that you're one of these guys who think that 32 yo Mirko was out of his prime?

People age differently in combat sports, esp with mileage.

straight up skillwise? i think Mirko takes it by a lot. i don't see people talk about it, but Mirko's style DRASTICALLY changed from kickboxing to MMA. he was more of a flurry fighter in kickboxing, using his boxing combinations to setup his high kick. in MMA he became a sniper and used distance as his defense. i think he's way more versatile than Pereira is.
versatility of style is great and all, but it doesn't mean anything.

if one guys style doesn't have to change a lot crossing over and he still wins, that's just effective. effectiveness is the important factor, not how many times you decide to fight differently.

Id much rather get hit by Pereiras left hook than Mirkos left high kick.

Cro Cop, far more extensive MMA career also has amateur boxing credentials. Alex is the more decorated kickboxer though Cro Cop competed in arguably the most stacked era and division of kickboxing of all time.

Pereira is obviously very good (after all he won two belts) but I don't like his style. He keeps his hands really low and looks really weird when punching, but it's obviously been working great for him, so what do I know...

Anyway Cro Cop all day long.

I truly believe that Mirko is the better MMArtist and even the better kickboxer, but based on pure results (and not on "this K1 Generation was better than all the Glory fighters" etc) it must be Pereira who takes the edge.

Dude was double champ in Glory and now in UFC while all Mirko got was the lowest of all K1 Tournaments and the Pride OWGP.

And this comes from the biggest Mirko nuthugger on this forum.

I also find it funny people still say 2006 OWGP Cro-Cop was one of the best HWs ever...yet a year later when he signed his UFC contract he became "past prime."

Sometimes the decline comes fast and hard. There are examples of great fighters fighting in the UFC that declined hard and fast too after looking great before.

Anderson Silva (finished on a 1-7-1 streak after being considered the best MW just one fight prior to that)

Tony Ferguson (currently 0-7 after being on a 12 fight winning streak)

BJ Penn (finishing on a 1-9-1 streak after being one of the top guys)

Luke Rockhold (finishing 1-4 after becoming a UFC champion)

Chris Weidman (3-7 after going undefeated to UFC champion and dethroning one of the greatest ever in his division in Anderson Silva)

It’s a rough sport.

Last edited:
Sometimes the decline comes fast and hard. There are examples of great fighters fighting in the UFC that declined hard and fast too after looking great before.

Anderson Silva (finished on a 1-7-1 streak after being considered the best MW just one fight prior to that)

Tony Ferguson (currently 0-7 after being on a 12 fight winning streak)

BJ Penn (finishing on a 1-9-1 streak after being one of the top guys)

Luke Rockhold (finishing 1-4 after becoming a UFC champion)

Chris Weidman (3-7 after going undefeated to UFC champion and dethroning one of the greatest ever in his division in Anderson Silva)

It’s a rough sport.

Hey man Randy won a belt at 45. This must mean that Mirko was still in his prime at 34. 🥴

I truly believe that Mirko is the better MMArtist and even the better kickboxer, but based on pure results (and not on "this K1 Generation was better than all the Glory fighters" etc) it must be Pereira who takes the edge.

Dude was double champ in Glory and now in UFC while all Mirko got was the lowest of all K1 Tournaments and the Pride OWGP.

And this comes from the biggest Mirko nuthugger on this forum.

Being a Glory Champ in 2020 is less significant of an accomplishment than being a K1GP quarter finalist in the 90s.

I can't really hate on Poatans UFC run. He's a no nonsense fighter who shows up and goes for it. It's hard not to like him. With that said, he's been a beneficiary of the weakest MW and LHW divisions in the last decade and has been fed nothing but favorable matchups.

Mirko didn't really have this luxury. He fought in the best era ever of kickboxing and fought in the best era of HWs so naturally he didn't achieve the same results.

Back