CSI Standard Pads

TheDave@ANMA

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey all, I have these pads: http://www.combatsports.com/detail_tuf.aspx?ID=22103

First off, they are very nice. Good construction and feel when both hitting and holding.

Pros:
Don't need gloves when hitting these...this can be good or bad but I like a nice little bit of give but also a hard interior.

Light. They are surprisingly light and make for quick movements being able to train a lot harder.

Very minimal stress feedback for the holder...I can't imagine the extra thick ones but one day I'll probably grab a pair.

Obviously the service provided by CSI is top notch. THey actually forgot to send my Pads despite rush service paid for and so send me these free of charge: http://www.combatsports.com/detail_tuf.aspx?ID=22292
Cons:

My buckle loops are starting to show some wear and tear...I've had them for about six months and only really use them once a week and for a month or two they weren't used at all. If you're here Joe, I'd like to talk about whether or not the damage is consequences of training or worksmanship. I do hit hard but I don't think the occasional workout would damage them like they are showing.

Another issue is the hardness. IT is good but I really could use some more solidity. Granted they are Thai Pads and they are great...I suppose I'm never really happy with the solid structure of most things I hit...including people.:mad:

Overall, aside from the damage already appearing, these pads are very, very awesome. A great product I would suggest and promote.

are u saying the pads aren't hard enough??.. the KO fightgear thai pads are known for being super hard.. lol

they use the 1 velcro strap that goes thru the D-ring and attaches to itself so there's no buckle or the 2 velcro flap hassles..

o yeh.. good review :wink:

The buckles I refer to are velcro or hook and loop if you prefer. My mistake. They are good enough for hitting bare handed but not stiff or soft.

supersudo said:
are u saying the pads aren't hard enough??.. the KO fightgear thai pads are known for being super hard.. lol

they use the 1 velcro strap that goes thru the D-ring and attaches to itself so there's no buckle or the 2 velcro flap hassles..

o yeh.. good review :wink:
My friend was hitting my Xhard pads for a week and now they're kickable, says something about pads man.

Back