"custom" shrinking

The Archer360

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So, I am 6' 2-1/2" and run about 188-192 lb on avg. I have a JJPG A-3 that I used for competition last year, but it shrunk too much over the course of the year to use this year. So I bought a JJPG A-4 with the intent of aggressively shrinking it. I have some long orangutan arms, so sleeve length was a concern, but I'm pretty lean in the upper body, so I want the rest of the gi to shrink more.

I am going to try to just soak the body of the gi in hot water and hot drying it to just shrink the body of it and leave the sleeves the same length. Has anyone else tried anything like this and had any success?

A4 is just a massive gi. I'm your size and usually wear a a bigger a2 or a3s . The A3 fits length wise but is baggy do an a4 will be just massive. U could try washing in hot water then air drying then also wash in hot water and machine dry. Machine try can harm the Gis though. I bet youl could shrink the sleeves and pants down but the front lapel area and skit is what I think wouldn't shrink much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back