News Damir Ismagulov retires

You do not see stuff like this in sports that actually pay their athletes like athletes.

All imma say

Horrible news. He was a decision machine, but a very promising fighter. I checked some online articles from eastern Europe, but they all issued pretty much the same statements without disclosing the nature of the health issue troubling him. Bad start to 2023.

Damn, that's a shame. Helluva fighter, wish him well in retirement.

Hopefully its nothing too serious, and he has a speedy recovery.

He is low key one of the best LWs in the game.
He literally just said he's forced to end his sports career. Sounds pretty serious. Not necessarily life endangering, but competitive career ending. Perhaps a progressive condition of sone sort. Or a heart condition

He will be back. Lovato Jr's brain was melting or something and he came back from retirement

What a shame. I thought he was going to run up the ranks at LW if he got the chance to. Must be serious to just retire with no questions in his prime. Wish him the best.

Wow this was unexpected. Fucking sucks. The guy was legit. He was a future title contender for sure which is really saying something in that division

I was wondering how he was fighting with tourette's, very good fighter. I wish he could continue.

He has some kind of a tick similar to Oleynik, blinking a lot. Maybe it could get worse if he keeps fighting and gets hit.

Back