Dana can wear Nikes while fighters have to cover up brands or not wear sponsored gear

I loved the Frank Mir philosophy in his house that he teaches his kids, he said that since they were young they had to put a dollar in the "swear jar" type of thing every time they said "its not fair" or something along those lines or how the world/life isnt fair. How he always trys to instill that in them, to be a fighter, and how you cannot expect anything.

Family values and philosophy FTW if there ever was any !

Dana is Boss, Boss does what he wants. Whether he should, ethical, etc.. is another matter...
Kinda ironic since life is almost always made unfair by a person in control of the rules who lives to benefit from that unfairness, and Frank made and enforces that rule. Good point

dana-white-i-dont-give-a-fuck.gif

Why though?

The entire point of making the fighters do that is because they don't want non-sponsored brands appearing on televised broadcasts.

Since Dana is appearing on television and is arguably the most popular personality in the UFC the same rules should apply to him.

If it's not actually that big a deal for non-sponsored brands to appear on television then just get rid of the rule.

That is not the point. The point is UFC has contracts with sponsors with conditions they must meet and there is a price the sponsor must pay for those conditions. UA has paid good money for an exclusivity condition for all fighters wear their shoes at UFC events.

Dana White is not covered in that sponsorship contract. That would cost a whole lot more which Dana likely wouldn't even consider due to his relationship with Nike and Dana is certainly not going to just give them his personal endorsement for free. You also don't see Dana wearing Venum gear or having Monster cans in front of him or even drinking from the Monster labeled water bottles because they also sponsor the events and fighters not Dana White.

That is not the point. The point is UFC has contracts with sponsors with conditions they must meet and there is a price the sponsor must pay for those conditions. UA has paid good money for an exclusivity condition for all fighters wear their shoes at UFC events.
Have they now? Why isn't any of the money going to the fighters then?

Hey at least they let them wear anything if they cover up the branding, honestly thought they wouldn't allow that. Can you imagine fighters getting injured having to do open workouts and UFC Countdowns in random Reeboks that don't fit their feet?

We got millions of reasons to shit on teh PG, but this isn’t one of them.

Have they now? Why isn't any of the money going to the fighters then?

Uh yeah they have, chill bro I'm just stating reality. I don't work for UFC or UA and wasn't part of the contract negotiations so I can't tell you what their actual reasoning was for not including any pay to fighters as part of their sponsorship contract.

My personal opinion would be that UA and more specifically Dwayne Johnson's sub brand didn't think there is any value in having any of their money go to the fighters. I also think that was a huge mistake to the point that not only has the money they spent paying for this sponsorship not helped the brand, it has had a significant damaging impact.

That's crazy...A Boss gets to do things his employees can't...Shocking
They are not employees.. they are business partners, actually the UFC has to work for them. Its like an actor and his agent or the studio

The difference with boxing is this promotion owns the best championship belt too

If they give to the fighters the freedom they deserve.. would be better for everybody

Last edited:
What if Dana took a shit on the hood of your car...would it piss you off more if he was wearing his Nikes...or if he was barefoot with only a shower cap on his head?.

Enquiring minds wanna know lol

Would piss me off significantly more if he was wearing his Nikes.

He’s a tool , everyone is aware of this

Back