Dana says "no more flashy entrances"

UFC used to have flashier ones. Bellator had and Prides were even flashier.

It makes the bouts feel more epic and the event feel more like a unique spectacle rather than some bland cheap sporting event.

Some people say it feels like pro wrestling but UFC embraces the most pro wrestling thing there is which is the fake bad blood and trash talk

Do you prefer

A. flashy entrances and no trash talk nonsense
B. Flashy entrance and trash talk
C. No flashy entrances and trash talk
D. Neither
Thats interesting, he always embraced the WWE Model. But I am neither for or against flashy entrances. When it comes to trash talk, Its entertaining to watch but not when the fighter or person deserves respect.

I think Dana hates when they screw up the timetable -

Like some dude on the prelim - Pereira - comes out dancing for 5 minutes, I get that Dana breaks a valve in his brain xx

The problem is flashy entrances = possibility for someone to break free and become notable.

In past this wouldnt be problem but right now Im not sure if Dana even wants stars. At least those who know their worth. He'd rather the ufc brand sell the fights because brand wont start asking for better deals and more money.

There's nothing epic about the dorky dance that Michel Pereira did. It was mildly amusing and stupid.

UFC used to have flashier ones. Bellator had and Prides were even flashier.

It makes the bouts feel more epic and the event feel more like a unique spectacle rather than some bland cheap sporting event.

Some people say it feels like pro wrestling but UFC embraces the most pro wrestling thing there is which is the fake bad blood and trash talk

Do you prefer

A. flashy entrances and no trash talk nonsense
B. Flashy entrance and trash talk
C. No flashy entrances and trash talk
D. Neither
B or D

Michel doing his dance routine and then absolutely merking Olek was awesome, I don't see how that is not entertaining.

dave-chappelle-crazy-dancing.gif

without reading any other replies yet, maybe the fighters themselves dont like it? I immediately thought of JDM when i saw this. You think that guy would want the spectacle of a big production walk out? I would think most of the roster aren't O'Malley types who want to have all eyes on them. And most aren't JDM who barely gives anything, but there re more like JDM.

Anyway, ive always been fine with the walk outs being a footnote and the production quality of a UFC product gets a litttttle better year by year without radically changing too many things up.

Also i think the UFC would counter this thread with the answer "well we have the pre fight videos" which would be mocked by everyone on here and rightfully so.

Fuck Dana. Tomatoes were never my friend, I'm forgoing pizza and pasta sauce. They never even had flashy entrances in the first place.

I prefer A, but genuine trash talk is fair enough. The UFC should try to showcase the skills and personality of the fighters, without making them trash talk. Pride cut the most tense promo ever for Cro Cop vs Fedor and those guys I'm pretty sure didn't actually talk trash to each other or say controversial things.

i love them
its fun cringe, not irritating cringe

Not every fighter can pull off a flashy entrance, I say leave it up to the fighter to come in the way want to enter. As long as it's not overdone to the point of cringe.

They barely had panache to begin with so what the fuck are you even taking away lmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back