Dana White - 20 million a year

lmao...you do realize Dana doesn't actually own the UFC right? in the end of the day he's just an employee like everyone else

This is incorrect.

Dana owned 9% of Zuffa LLC prior to the sale, of which he was cashed out then given a new stake. He is a minority owner of the UFC.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/16970360/ufc-sold-unprecedented-4-billion-dana-white-confirms

Aside from that, he's not a regular employee, he's the President and signed a new 7 year contract in 2019.

20 Mil is a lot of money, but i honestly would have thunk he made more. As far as giving fighters 1/2 of his Salary....Only an idiot would do that. He doesnt even Own the UFC, Endeaver does. And i am all for UFC paying bottom teir fighters more, but the middle and top teir fighters make ENOUGH. Like others have said, they complain about pay and sit out for year/s. They obviously dont need to be payed more if they can afford to sit out for a year or 2. They just want a big payday so they can either retire or sit out longer.

I suspect like most in here. You talk a big game on your computer. But, you aren’t willing to do a damn thing about it. Until you actually lay out exactly how you are boycotting the UFC. Your opinion means less than nothing.

Yup - I always say "Then grab yer flag and go"...

Doubt even 1% does anything other than regurgitate the same tired drivel...

lol Roger Goodell makes like $70 million a year. MMA stays losing, always

Just did som quick maths -

Dana makes about 20 million a year. If he cut that in half, and "only" made 10 million a year and gave the money to fighters, each and every fighter, on each and every every fight card, could get around 20-25.000$ extra pr. fight. (around 42 cards, around 10/12 fights pr. card).

I find this interesting when Dana and a lot of Sherdoggers talk about UFC not being able to afford to pay fighters more.
He built a sport and makes less than a lot of pro ahteletes.

Dana makes about 20 million a year. If he cut that in half, and "only" made 10 million a year and gave the money to fighters, each and every fighter, on each and every every fight card, could get around 20-25.000$ extra pr. fight. (around 42 cards, around 10/12 fights pr. card).

I find this interesting when Dana and a lot of Sherdoggers talk about UFC not being able to afford to pay fighters more.

you look at it from a narrow perspective - it's about supply and demand. Endless supply of fighters and limited demand.... plain and simple. Why would they pay someone $20k more when there are 1000's of people that will fight in the ufc for 5k.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/dana-white-net-worth
"
Age 51
Dana White Height 5'11"
Dana White Net Worth 2021 $500 million
Source of wealth
Combat Sports
Salary $20 million
Residence Las Vegas, Nevada
Citizenship United States
Marital Status Married
Children 3
Last Updated 2021"

I have no idea if that inclused bonus and stocks, I dount it as that is stated as his salary.
And yes, EVERYONE should have a problem with people like Bezos treating their workers like shit. It is becoming the standard - All the other companies are seeing how it can be done, and will copy it. It might not be you who has shitty working conditions, but your children, or their children. Anyone who is fine with this insane hyper capitalisme is either rich, or has no understanding of long term consequences.

Still wearing your Bernie Sanders shirt?

so scott coker works for free? why doesnt viacom pay prelim fighters more than 5k it 2021 for got sake.

If you cut your pay in half and gave it to those who earned less...they'd have more money too. Lead by example.

Communist!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

If Dana had invested half of that $20 million in Bitcoin every year for the last ten years, he would be worth 6 trillion dollars, or 3,000% richer than Jeff Bezos.

In other words, there are better things he could do than give it away to "athletes."

What kind of dipshit thread is this?

Threadstarter: “Durrr…I think Dana makes $20 million. Duurrrrrrr…he should pay the fighters more…durrrrrr.”

Stupid, whiny bitches: “Omg, you’re so right! He had snow dumped in his driveway!”

You nosy idiots know NOTHING about the business. Worry about your own finances or go start your own mma organization and show us how it’s done.

Just shows you how bush league the UFC is compared to the other major sports. Goodell makes about three times that a year.

you pulling that number out of your ass, bro

dana makes WAY MORE than 20 mil a year

Dana doesn’t set his own wage and bonus structure. Nobody in his position does. Yet there are execs all over the world that get paid incredible bonus money each year. Way more than what Dana makes. Meanwhile the front line worker always feels he is not paid enough. It’s always been this way.

And Dana like everybody else can spend what they earn anyway they feel like. No matter how extravagant or wasteful I think it might be.

I swear most of you don’t have the tiniest clue how big business actually works. You just like to shit on Dana or the UFC. Dana doesn’t control what his fighters actually get paid per se. I bet he never has. But like anybody in his position he tries to keep labour costs as low as possible. Because like everybody in his position. He has ALWAYS answered to somebody above him. Those are the people ultimately responsible for the pay everybody including the Dana’s of the world actually get paid.

But there can be no doubt he played a huge role in the early success of the UFC. He’s done his job, and is entitled to earn whatever his bosses think he is worth. Exactly like the fighters. And if he isn’t happy with his remuneration. Then just like the fighters. It’s up to him to do something about it, or find a new job.

This is all straight business 101. Let alone big business. The UFC is part of a conglomerate now. They literally have a budget and a BOD, and owners (investors) to answer to.

I just wish people in here actually knew how this all works. Instead of just following along and bitching about fighter pay, or Dana’s salary.

And yet, I’ve never seen one of you people ever say you thought that fighter pay was so unfair you were going to boycott the UFC until they share the wealth more fairly with the fighters.

People boycotted Tuna companies until they came up with better ways to get their fish without harming dolphins. I’ve heard of people boycotting any company that did not respect the environment. Or boycott companies linked with sweat shops.

You people don’t even do the small things like write to the sponsors of the UFC. Or to the parent company of the UFC. You could write and boycott every single one of them. But instead of writing a letter that might actually affect change. You just write rubbish in here.

My philosophy is simple.. If you don’t have the conviction to do anything about your beliefs. Maybe you shouldn’t cry to the skies about them every damn day. Because complaining about fighter pay or Dana’s salary on Sherdog isn’t going to do shit. And people shouldn’t be patting themselves on the back just because they think fighters should be paid more. Do something about it, or just shut up.
Very true! I wish more people were financially literate.

Yeah lets give the girl who is 5-3 20k to fight
If you make 20 million on her fight, does she not deserve 20k? And if a fighter is not worth 20k pr fight, in the biggest MMA org, on the planet, why is she in there fighting?

People do seem to miss that I don't really care that much about what fighters are paid - they need to unionize to get better conditions just like everyone else should unionize. What I am pointing out is that Dana is lying when he says the UFC can't afford to pay fighters more. That's it.

Back