Dana White addresses fan issues watching first UFC pay-per-view on ESPN+

I'm still pissed about the 2 times I ordered it about 6 years ago, had to use underground streams because their website sucked ass and I never received a refund.

And He makes no mention of the fact that in Canada we couldn't order it though our cable companies and even the cable companies couldn't figure out what wss wrong...

KckCt1G.jpg

I have Shaw, mine worked perfectly fine. But I have to phone them, can't order off the TV.

My espn app sucked lagged and buffered the whole main event

I'll say this for the new system, my illegal streams have been much better since ESPN+ has taken over.

BT Sport will always have a place in my heart, but I definitely agree. Much less lag (rarely if any), HD is always good, sound's right. I honestly can't tell I'm not ordering the PPV through cable barring the stream itself having gotten shut down. I see people complain about actually having ordered and having issues, but the streams never do.

By moving to a streaming service, the streamers have the exact stream to feed you rather than the hoops they often passed through before.

Do they show the UFC fights at bars in the US again? I thought they were not allowed to do so anymore for PPV fights.

This was the first ppv in 10 years i did not give a single fuck about. And it’s a combination of a few things.
1. Espn ppv is a big turn off
2. Multiple interim fights
3. USADA

This is about as dumb as an excuse I've ever heard. Almost like some "fans" will twist whatever they can to shit on the UFC.

1. Who cares if it's on ESPN, DirectTV, Yahoo, Charter, TWC, etc etc. If you been watching for 10 years I highly doubt you ordered every PPV and chances are high your like many fans and find alternative ways to watch PPVs. Not too mention there has been double digit PPV's in the last 10 years that pale in comparison on paper to what we saw last night. If you didn't care about this PPV what did you think about UFC 111 or UFC 149 or UFC 186 just to name a few.
2. We can bitch moan about interim titles all day long and it isn't going to change one bit. This is a time that have the 5 rounds really worked in the favor of the fans.
3. Good luck with that.

Sounds like if 1 and 2 weigh heavy on you time to move on from the UFC because it isn't changing.

Classic deflection and non-responsive. Hey guys, we fucked you this time but next time it'll work. How does that address the issue that THIS time it didn't work?

What did you want Dana to say???

ESPN is the one that has control here. The UFC can't promise anything to end users. I would hope that ESPN has some system in place to address fans issues. As I been saying from day one of this deal that there will be many streaming issues. It's just the nature of streaming in itself. A neighbor on the same isp as you and same or similar equipment has a perfect quality stream and you get a jittery mess on your end.

It's a live event, I don't see how pausing or rewind should be a major issue for someone. Take your breaks during the breaks that the event has.

Now if it was advertised you could and you couldn't, then sure. That's a failure of the product.

You can pause any live event, including other fight cards on ESPN+. You don't ever need to run to the store, cook dinner, etc? This isn't asking for gold and rubies. It's a basic, ubiquitous function that they intentionally disabled. Your comprehension of its necessity is irrelevant to me.

Its already a full time job trying to figure out how to watch their fights.

How is early prelims ESPN+, prelims ESPN, PPV ESPN+

any more complicated than

Early prelims FightPass, Prelims Fox Sports 1 or Fox Sports 2 or maybe Fox depending on how they feel and then PPV from your cable provider...

Its actually far simpler now. EVERYTHING is on either ESPN or ESPN+

Really dont know what to say, instead of having to have fight pass, then play guess the Fox channel, then contact your cable provider or whatever, everything is now on ESPN/ESPN+

How hard can it be?

Do they show the UFC fights at bars in the US again? I thought they were not allowed to do so anymore for PPV fights.
nothing has changed for bars

Back