News Dana White Adresses the NYE Incident: "Don't Defend Me... I Was Wrong.".

What should happen with Dana White?

• Total voters
I have been Married for over 20 years. My Wife has done a hell of a lot of shit then just slap me. Some deserved. I never slaped her back, but there were times i came close. Either way, its a personal family matter, and i think Ariel, and the media should just STFU and mind their business.
What happens in the public in a public place by a public figure is not private nice try though bud.

What happens in the public in a public place by a public figure is not private nice try though bud.
Sure. Its out there. But im willing to bet Dana has an abusive wife, more then he is the abuser. Not that it excuses his actions, but there is a lot of guys who take abuse from there spouse because they love them, and deal with it because they have that im the man mentality. Dana obviously crossed that line. But people need to let off, or start asking why the Wife slapped him first.

I have been Married for over 20 years. My Wife has done a hell of a lot of shit then just slap me. Some deserved. I never slaped her back, but there were times i came close. Either way, its a personal family matter, and i think Ariel, and the media should just STFU and mind their business.

So you're saying whenever there's a physical domestic abuse situation because it's a personal family matter, the media should never report it?

This micro knit picky analysis is bad and having the confirmation bias gang in tow by design.

This didn’t happen at his job. Not sure why they keep saying “if this happened at someone’s work they would be fired”.

This happened in Mexico on vacation. No laws were broken, especially in a Latino country where fiery passionate interactions are still considered normal (I’m not talking about outright abuse).

Also, comparing what went down with him isn’t the same as some NFL dude who beat the piss out of his wife. If a male employee had a brief shove and baby slap altercation with another male it’s not the same as him beating the shit out of him and causing bodily harm.

I feel like they’re trying to generalize this as being a one size fits all thing. “If you steal $1 from a woman it’s the same as stealing $1,000,000 because you should never steps from s woman”. But, “stealing $1 from a man we will laugh about it and if your steal $1,000,000 you’re in serious shit.”

It’s not the best look optically for Dana to hit back but they sound super desperate to remove any varying degrees of what happened and it’s weird.

A couple having a minor spat and altercation where they both barely did anything to each other isn’t the same as a womans unprovoked abuser dragging across a hotel lobby by the weave getting backhanded and kicked receiving bodily harm.

I like Ariel but he’s being overly critical of literally every little thing Dana said. This one was painful to listen to. The last time he addressed this he didn’t look nearly as bad.

I think Dana probably upset her and perhaps even mentally abused her leading to the incident. The way he approached her was like he knew he had upset her and he was trying so to be like “baby baby let’s go now” and she wasn’t having it.

I’m not against him having repercussions, I wouldn’t give a fuck if he was “fired”. This is just painful to listen to at a certain point. Two drunk 50 year olds has a minor spat that got mildly physical. The situation is embarrassing and not a good look for anyone famous or in the spotlight. It didn’t exactly scream “abuse” the same way other situations it’s being compared with did.

I'm still a fan and supporter of UFC president Dana white, although I don't like how he handled the situation. He should have just put her in under Hooks and restrained her from hitting him anymore or just literally ran away

His point was accurate. Stepping away doesn't hurt him or his net worth of hundreds of millions, it only hurts everything else going on.

That being said, that's about self-punishment. Someone above him should mandate a couple classes and a month away. Nobody should treat this like the ray rice incident but nobody should treat it like it didn't happen either.

I like Helwani for certain things,and I understand its important for someone to talk about what Dana has said that isnt a John Morgan robot...but 27 mins? thats 25 mins too many.
A good chunk of it is just playing Dana’s response/q&a session

There's nothing worse that can befall the man than the weight of his own shame. His penance? Hosting a national slapping organization, that all shall be reminded of his grievous act. Reflect upon the pious act of humility from Saint Dana.
Plenty is worse. He could have been shit canned, and shunned from every community imaginable.

This guy loves old news - super petty just like Dana.

Back