Rumored Dana White blocking Mayweather vs McGregor 2, deal almost done

I wouldn't watch, but sadly this sells
Casuals would eat this up with more fake drama in the lead up

As much as it pains me to say, but it would sell more than any real fight out there right now, much more

We live in a circus and people love to see the clowns
I dont think it will sell that well. The novelty is gone,the bloom is off the rose. Its no longer new,and I dont think people really care.

I dont think it will sell that well. The novelty is gone,the bloom is off the rose. Its no longer new,and I dont think people really care.

Conor could fight me and it would sell
Don't underestimate the idiotic social media generation

All we would need is a punch thrown at a conference, or some real nasty trash talk
Floyd and Conor could sell snow to the Eskimoes

It would not reach the heights of the original fight, but I have no doubt this fight would exceed 2m PPV, much more

I hope we don't have to find out and this is rubbish

I'd prefer to see Conor get his ass kicked in MMA since people think he is or was a great fighter, not just a lucky puncher. I won't cry if he fights Floyd again, I think Floyd would aim to destroy him not carry him most of the fight.

Conor could fight me and it would sell
Don't underestimate the idiotic social media generation

All we would need is a punch thrown at a conference, or some real nasty trash talk
Floyd and Conor could sell snow to the Eskimoes

It would not reach the heights of the original fight, but I have no doubt this fight would exceed 2m PPV, much more

I hope we don't have to find out and this is rubbish
I think it won't happen. So nothing to worry about. It's smart for both of them to pretend though.

I think it won't happen. So nothing to worry about. It's smart for both of them to pretend though.

Yeah I agree
Conor will come back to the cage and Floyd will fight an exhibition with someone like Donald Trump

They are media whores

Yeah I agree
Conor will come back to the cage and Floyd will fight an exhibition with someone like Donald Trump

They are media whores
I don't blame them for trying to make the most money for the least work,it's just completely uninteresting to me as a fight fan.

I don't think this would break a million PPV. These two are washed up has been to me.

Reactions: HHJ
Yes but thats because it made sense money wise to do something historic like that.

There is nothing historic about the rematch,its two hasbeens,and Floyd will just win again.

If the numbers being thrown around of 150 million for Conor and obviously a lot more for floyd are true, then the financial side is certainly there.

If the numbers being thrown around of 150 million for Conor and obviously a lot more for floyd are true, then the financial side is certainly there.
I dont believe them though.

Dana jumping in saying it wont happen becuase
Only happens under Zuffa Boxing... which doesn't really exist.
Thus, Dana says it's bullshit.

Why promote boxing when Conor is on his way out?
It doesn't help UFC fighters to lose twice in boxing.
(that said, it happened the first time, money is money)

Conor looked amateur, for a professional fighter.
That "boxing match" was goofy the first time.

The thing is, it's not about how good the fight is. It's about how many people want to watch.
Between them. May and Mac can generate enough interest to sell it. even if it is pointless.

Week in week out the WWE outsells most combat sports. On the whole. People like shiny garbage.

Dana jumping in saying it wont happen becuase

The thing is, it's not about how good the fight is. It's about how many people want to watch.
Between them. May and Mac can generate enough interest to sell it. even if it is pointless.

Week in week out the WWE outsells most combat sports. On the whole. People like shiny garbage.
Yeah but what is the selling point here? There was one for the first fight. This one just seems like a obvious cash grab that even casuals would roll their eyes to.

conner and floyd fighting at what weight? connor isnt making 150 and being in shape to fight anybody
the media has believed another pile of bullshit

I dont believe them though.

I didn't believe them the first time either. But if the numbers are even close to true it will happen IMO because the UFC can't get close to matching that pay for Conor.

Conor hasn't been the same fighter since they fought the first time, so I bet Dana will block it. Dana wants McGregor fighting in UFC and drawing fans to his sport, not boxing.

I can't see it happening. I think Floyd is full of shit when it comes to these figures, he is promising what he cannot deliver. Floyd is 45 years old fighting in exhibitions, he is not fighting for world titles.
I don't think Dana can be bothered with the shit show again and Conor fighting Floyd is terrible for business, Conor is already on the verge of being a laughing stock getting slapped in the ring again by a 45 year old man is going to be be highly damaging to his stock.

I hate the very idea of their rematch. I never really liked McGregor but was impressed with his run at 145 that culminated in the destruction of Aldo. But everything that followed was a total cash grab and disgrace. Still, when Mayweather first fought McGregor, the latter was a "double champ" and even P4P #2 in the heads of some delusional people, but now he's just a has been who can't win a fight in MMA. What's the point of giving him a second chance after first bout was an utter mismatch?

Back