News *** Dana White Caught in Altercation with Wife on New Years MEGA THREAD ***

Should Dana White step down as president of the UFC?

• Total voters
Like so many of these recordings, there is much that is missing.
What happened beforehand? What were they saying? Did he verbally threaten her? Visa versa? Did he grab her repeatedly? Was he trying to calm her down at first?
That being said. You protect yourself from someone smaller and weaker than you when they are out of control (no matter what the gender). You don't impose yourself.

Last edited:
I think he should just step down and accept he shouldn't have hit her. I don't think she should have hit him first but as a man, we sometimes need to just take our licks. He came out afterwards and said he was wrong to have done it. I'd just quit and fade into obscurity if it were me tbh

Letter isn't very well researched, it talks about Dana striking his wife with a closed fist.

It's weird they felt the need to say that when it's pretty clear his hand was open

Anyhow since they both slapped, Dana & his wife should make a joint anti DV PSA like Depp & Amber had to do after that Australian dog smuggling episode

depp dogs 2.jpg

The existing mainstream perception of MMA might save Dana on this one. If he was coaching olympic girls volleyball his firing would be a foregone conclusion. Except he isn't, he's the king of the low brow bottom feeding neanderthals. He's just confirming what a lot of people already thought about MMA.

I think he should just step down and accept he shouldn't have hit her. I don't think she should have hit him first but as a man, we sometimes need to just take our licks. He came out afterwards and said he was wrong to have done it. I'd just quit and fade into obscurity if it were me tbh

The mega wealthy and regular folks have different morals, and play by different rules. Did you see them on lockdown during the pandemic? Nope - it was just the "normies"

if she wasn't willing to restrain herself in public, can only imagine what happens in private.
Again, he was the aggressor. This thread is filled with betas who wouldn't do anything if someone angrily got in their face, grabbed them and wouldn't let them leave.

I say yes…but not for the reasons listed or obvious.

Dana is a dated figurehead at this point.
He’s not really a person of power or decision making anymore and is used more or less as a media guy/scapegoat. If anything this is a perfect excuse to change it up. The bald goof did well running the circus past few decades but I’m down to see new blood.

Didn't his wife hit him first, why isnt she getting any backlash?
Welcome to Sherdog!
OIP.25_tggjey-_XrjzV8At8IQHaE-

IDK call me old fashioned but i just dont think its OK for a grown ass jacked man on steroids to ever hit a woman, even if she hit him first i think a man should be strong enough mentally to refrain from hitting her back, and try to act like a gentleman.

Its how ive been raised IDK i see people here advocating for "eye for an eye" approach here like we in some biblical times...

I dont think Dana should be punished by law or anything, i just dont think this is what a man should do and seeing kids here cheer him up like he did some heroic thing worrys me.

Dana should quit and donate his body to medical science to find out how a human being can take on the exact colour of a packet of Bubbaloo - this will give his legacy meaning and provide hope for others around the world who have been scammed by fake doctors offering everlasting life

When somebody hits you it requires a lot of restraint not to hit back.

This is trending huge worldwide, one of the biggest mainstream news sites in Australia for example where UFC 284 is to be held is reporting this assault

https://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/p...e/news-story/12ff77db99dfb1f34a3324bbb801e1f0

MMA media might be scared to talk about this but mainstream media isn't and now politicians calling upon Ari for Dana to be fired for his drunken roid rage domestic violence antics against his wife

If Dana & ESPN think this will go away and trying to move on like nothing happened, they better think again

It is strange how WME hasn't even released a statement about this yet though

They must be getting a replacement for Dana organized behind the scenes before they announce anything

i think WME is being very carefull because of the financial aspect of it as well, he isn't just the CEO he's also a 10% owner, of a 4 billion $ company, that most likely complicate things for them

I don't know as I am not a lawyer but neither are you I presume , so why claim with certainty that Dana would have a disadvantage?
1. why don’t you take a guess at how long you’re allowed to wait before hitting someone in retaliation? Your best guess? Or have you started to realize that from a purely logical standpoint it doesn’t make sense?

you don’t have to be a lawyer to understand the fundamental differences between self defense and retaliation. You don’t have to be a lawyer to watch that video and realize he wasn’t defending himself which with the exception of mutual combat is the only legal reason to hit someone.

What actually happened is that she told him to increase fighter pay.

On another note, I wonder if this has something to do with Khabib's sudden departure from coaching.

90 pounds? Is she like a midget or something? Even tiny strawweight women are over 125 pounds.

June White, his own mother made allegations about Dana White's tenuous relationships with women in the past.

While I don't think this particular claim has been proven, it's not hard to see why that wouldn't be considered threatening.

I think you are forgetting MMA fighters are strong and jacked man lol that's 125 of like pure muscle. remove the muscle and you got someone that weighs a lot less.

1. why don’t you take a guess at how long you’re allowed to wait before hitting someone in retaliation? Your best guess? Or have you started to realize that from a purely logical standpoint it doesn’t make sense?

you don’t have to be a lawyer to understand the fundamental differences between self defense and retaliation. You don’t have to be a lawyer to watch that video and realize he wasn’t defending himself which with the exception of mutual combat is the only legal reason to hit someone.

You're spending more time speaking on whether something is self defense than you are the actual assault. This entire 135 page discussion is about a person responding to being assaulted with nobody caring about the assault. Weird world.

Back