Dana White discusses relationship with his parents following their passing

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
upload_2023-9-15_21-3-23.png

Ultimate Fighting Championship CEO Dana White has revealed shocking news regarding the death of his parents.

In a recent appearance on "Piers Morgan Uncensored," White talked about his estranged relationship with his parents, how it shaped him as an individual, and the impact of their deaths on him. During the interview with Piers Morgan, White agreed with the assertion that his strained relationship with his parents fueled him to work hard and become successful.

However, the 54-year-old was also quick to note that while he would change nothing about his upbringing, his circumstances as a child taught him what not to do as a parent. While White's father was mostly absent from his life, he was raised by a single mother. Eventually, the UFC CEO's relationship with his mother also took a hit when she decided to write a book on him, back in 2011.

As the interview progressed, White calmly revealed that both of his parents had passed away recently.

“I don’t think I’ve ever talked about this, but my parents both died recently,” White stated. “So, yeah, that’s, yeah, I don’t like talking about it, but yeah, my parents died recently... I’m good with it, I focus a lot on my kids and my relationship with them, and I’ve sort of put my relationship with my parents behind me.

Continue Reading

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/D...th-His-Parents-Following-Their-Passing-191044

Some families are like that. Not everyone gets along with their family members.

I can't judge Dana based off that - I have no idea how complex their dynamic was.

I can judge Piers Morgan for trying to bait Dana with all that personal shit. That's a scumbag move.

Alot of Americans don't like there parents is normal

Cold, but you don't get to be where Dana is by being a nice person full of warm feelings.

I actually feel sorry for him - he obviously has been very successful, but there are some things money cannot buy.. and that, apparently, was a healthy relationship with his own parents.

Reactions: MGS
Dunno why people are shitting on Dana for being "Cold" or whatever when who knows what his parents were like when he was growing up.

Everyone seems to take his mother's side because they think mothers can do no wrong, but that's total bullshit. There's plenty of garbage mothers out there.

How dare she slander Dana White's good character.

In her book she talks about things we already know about Dana lol.

Cold, but you don't get to be where Dana is by being a nice person full of warm feelings.

I actually feel sorry for him - he obviously has been very successful, but there are some things money cannot buy.. and that, apparently, was a healthy relationship with his own parents.

Fuck him, he's a lowlife who got lucky.

Back