Dana White doesn't want to pay the fighters their worth. UFC is losing talent prime years and superstars because of it

Lol maybe other sports should follow the UFC and not pay people hundreds of millions of dollars to play games. Actually, it's not their fault entirely; if the money wasn't there, they wouldn't pay. Maybe the general public should reconsider where it pisses away the few pittances they earn.

That is not the most clever response I have ever read my man.

Are you a fan of the sport? Want to see the best of the best fighting in UFC?

This thread is about that.

“Clever”? There’s nothing I said that was trying to be ”clever”.

Am I a fan of the sport? Look at our join dates, fool. You’re a noob in comparison.

The best do fight the best….almost. Don’t kid yourself. Don’t like the UFC or agree with their financial decisions? Then don’t fucking watch it. For god’s sake please stop complaining about it here. This forum is a great place. Lately little whiners are ruining it.

Dont be a nosy fuck who tries to get up in other people’s business. This topic has been done to death. Maybe you’d be better off emailing Dana or Ari to voice your complaints. Hunter would love to hear from you, too.

I don't understand how people can say the fighters are over paid. You'd rather the fat old white guys got the lion's share?
Maybe if the pay was much higher, we'd be seeing more elite athletes getting into the sport.

Exactly. The reason 205 and up sucks is because these guys are going into other sports. It pays more to be a backup player for the NFL than it does to be a ranked fighter in the UFC.

Did a thread already about we the fans losing the prime years of Olympic champion and double division UFC champ because Dana didn't want to pay him enough

Most people was defending that decision, for them is better the fighters to leave UFC like Francis Ngannou and Henry Cejudo instead of paying the fair amount.

How is this possible? Are you guys fan of the sport ? Want the best fighters and talent here or not ?

Just to add a little perspective, this are the share of revenue that goes to the players in

MLB: 54,2%

NFL: 48,5%

NBA: 50%

NHL: 50%

MLS: 28%

PGA tour: 33%

Nascar: 25%

UFC pay his fighters 10-15% of the total revenue (I ask you something, WHO IS MORE IMPORTANT IN UFC COMPARED TO THE FIGHTERS TO GET THE 85% OF THE REVENUE? ARE NOT THE FIGHTERS THE MOST IMPORTANT EMPLOYEES HERE?)

And there is a big difference here, those leagues let their players have their own sponsors and sometimes they get most of their money off it.

ALL the sponsor money in UFC comes from Reebok, directly payed to UFC (and then they give 2,5 k of the whole deal to each fighter, lol), fighters can't have their own sponsors and can't fight in other organizations either (they get trapped on the contract if you want a better deal outside).

UFC is first division, you can't be best fighter and fight outside UFC (almost a monopoly)

How a fan of the sport, and of course a fan of the fighters on this sport defend this rip off is beyond me

Francis Ngannou gone because Dana didn't want to pay

Cejudo wasted their prime years because Dana didn't want to pay

Zabit changed career because Dana didn't want to pay

The are more and more examples of this.

If we the fans don't put pressure on it, more and more talent is gone or directly will never arrived in the number one MMA organization.

I repeat, if 85% of the revenue is not going to the fighters THIS WILL NEVER BE CORRECT OR GOOD FOR THE HEALTH OF THE SPORT LONG RUN (TALENT AND SUPER STARS)
Wanna know how to make it stop? I'll tell ya anyway, STOP WATCHING UFC.
UFC goes under and fighters move to other MMA orgs. and get paid.

Just to add a little perspective, this are the share of revenue that goes to the players in

UFC pay his fighters 10-15% of the total revenue (I ask you something, WHO IS MORE IMPORTANT IN UFC COMPARED TO THE FIGHTERS TO GET THE 85% OF THE REVENUE? ARE NOT THE FIGHTERS THE MOST IMPORTANT EMPLOYEES HERE?)
Majority of us can agree fighters deserve a larger percentage but we've danced this dance. There is always constant comparison of revenue sharing to other sports. All of which have been around longer than the UFC and had to fight over the course of their existence to get where they are. Many of which have unions, bigger network deals and heavier sponsorships and so forth. The UFC is a unique thing. Boxing isn't even the best comparison to it. Ownership doesn't want their margins fucked with and will not budge until they absolutely have to.

Yes, let's feel bad about millionaires as you regularly pass by homeless people in your neighborhood.

Arguably the most retarded things that people have been saying for last 20+ years I've been on Sherdog.

"Oh no poor him with his millions, but fuc* off you homeless and disabled and orphans"
<escalate99>

KICK DANA IN THE TACO

Did a thread already about we the fans losing the prime years of Olympic champion and double division UFC champ because Dana didn't want to pay him enough

Most people was defending that decision, for them is better the fighters to leave UFC like Francis Ngannou and Henry Cejudo instead of paying the fair amount.

How is this possible? Are you guys fan of the sport ? Want the best fighters and talent here or not ?

And there is a big difference here, those leagues let their players have their own sponsors and sometimes they get most of their money off it.

ALL the sponsor money in UFC comes from Reebok, directly payed to UFC (and then they give 2,5 k of the whole deal to each fighter, lol), fighters can't have their own sponsors and can't fight in other organizations either (they get trapped on the contract if you want a better deal outside).

UFC is first division, you can't be best fighter and fight outside UFC (almost a monopoly)

How a fan of the sport, and of course a fan of the fighters on this sport defend this rip off is beyond me

If we the fans don't put pressure on it, more and more talent is gone or directly will never arrived in the number one MMA organization.

I repeat, if 85% of the revenue is not going to the fighters THIS WILL NEVER BE CORRECT OR GOOD FOR THE HEALTH OF THE SPORT LONG RUN (TALENT AND SUPER STARS)

Wait for the UFC Antitrust lawsuit trial happening in April 2024. Should be some fireworks. Hopefully in the fighters best interest to pay them what they are owed.

Who cares?

A little extreme there maybe? Just a bit? No?
No. UFC is by far the most successful mma promotion. All others bleed money like crazy. A situation where the UFC is struggling means the others are way bankrupt

Yes, let's feel bad about millionaires as you regularly pass by homeless people in your neighborhood.

Arguably the most retarded things that people have been saying for last 20+ years I've been on Sherdog.

"Oh no poor him with his millions, but fuc* off you homeless and disabled and orphans"

Those are not mutually exclusive...you can disagree with the UFC's pay structure AND be sympathetic to local neighbourhood issues.

cejudo was never a superstar neither is francis or Zabit... cejudo didnt leave because of money he wanted to start a family... Zabit chose to become a doctor i thought?

<JagsKiddingMe><JagsKiddingMe><JagsKiddingMe>

These threads are the virtue signalling types of Sherdog.

We're reliving the stage of MMA where fighters were leaving the UFC to fight in Japan for more money, except today the money is in Dubai.

U Fight Cheap has always been a thing.

Reactions: Cid
Pay for high ranked UFC fighters is mostly fine.

They pretty much all make over a million a year if they fight 3 times. It's completely nuts that people get paid hundreds of millions for a few years of professional sports.

(This doesn't mean Dana isn't a scumbag, of course he is.)

Back