News Dana White Hints That Carla's Not Getting A Title Shot

Serves ya right for calling yourself the cookie monster. This is is a serious business dammit!

Do Rose and Valentina event want that fight? They're friends and training partners right?
Rose has been bulking up. Rose weighed 128.2 lbs in her fight-night weight check last Saturday (Weili, 124.8 lbs). Valentina doesn't cut much weight to fight at 125. Both Rose and Valentina are most likely walking around at a very similar weight (132-135) these days. It could be done in the sense that Rose wouldn't be undersized, but I don't think they're interested in fighting each other.

Rose 128.2.jpg

Last edited:
I firmly believe that (rightly or wrongly) UFC are gonna offer Marina Rodriguez the next title-shot (vs Rose).

That's what I think their plan is. Dana ceased caring long ago what is the "Right Thing to Do" (based on results, win streaks etc).

Current WSW UFC ranking:

Champion Rose Namajunas
#1 Zhang Weili = 2 losses
#2 Carla Esparza = 5 fight winning streak, has a win over Rose
#3 Marina Rodriguez = 3 fight winning streak, her last loss was to Esparza
#4 Yan Xiaonan = coming off a loss to Esparza
#5 Mackenzie Dern = coming off a loss

All roads lead to Esparza! she has earned her title shot.

People will think I'm nuts but I also think Esparza could beat Weili if they fought.
Her grappling was very unimpressive against Rose.

- #2 in the divisional rankings as of last week.
- First divisional champion
- Win over reigning champ
- longest active win streak in division
- last person to defeat the only other logical challenger in Rodriguez.
- Rodriguez admitted Carla deserves next shot. (But won't decline if offered)
- reigning champion Rose says Carla is the next logical challenger.

Dana White: nah son, that fight doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe being the top contender on an unmatched win streak?

I mean, i can only guess it has something to do with that.
Maybe your condescending ass couldn't read that she is a boring unremarkable decision queen. She like the Leon Edwards of wmma, as in no one gives a shit based on her style.

Maybe your condescending ass couldn't read that she is a boring unremarkable decision queen. She like the Leon Edwards of wmma, as in no one gives a shit based on her style.
Aww, I'm sorry I upset you. I'm also so sorry that fighters trying to win their fights don't also cater themselves to you. It must suck so much pretending to be a fan of a sport where some competitors avenues to higher rankings, better contracts, and better record isn't the way you want it to be.

You're right. Your fucking douchebag opinion that someone shouldn't get a title shot (read: best in the world) not because they're not beating everyone else, but because you don't like it, should be totally respected.

I got an idea. If you hang out in a Walmart parking lot to watch bum fights while simultaneously scrolling your Twitter feed (after using your phone to look up the word "journeyman," ya dumb fuck) for some of that juicy drama you crave, then you can enjoy your style of entertainment, and I wouldn't see your stupid ass and wouldn't get to condescend to you. But you should probably stop inside the store first to pick up a box of tissues.

<{1-11}><Waaah>

Last edited:
Good. Fuck Carla. She's boring AF. Besides the Thug Rose she fought last time is not the Thug Rose of today. Rose would piece her up like a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. ;)
People keep saying this, but when was the last time Rose fought a wrestler or strong grappler? It was Carla. Meanwhile, we saw Zhang take her down Saturday night.
- #2 in the divisional rankings as of last week.
- First divisional champion
- Win over reigning champ
- longest active win streak in division
- last person to defeat the only other logical challenger in Rodriguez.
- Rodriguez admitted Carla deserves next shot. (But won't decline if offered)
- reigning champion Rose says Carla is the next logical challenger.

Dana White: nah son, that fight doesn't make sense to me.
That’s too much work for Dana to promote. “This kid, she’s knocking out everybody!” Is more along the line of how Dana is able to promote.

Kinda sucks. It would be like saying a team couldn't play in the superbowl because they rushed the ball 80% of the time and was boring even though they won their playoff games. Say what you will about Scott Coker but I doubt he wouldn't let someone become champ because they wrestled their way to wins.

Carla is a boring wrestler and not very marketable.
This decision has nothing to do with who earned what.

thats what happens when ur as boring as hell

Sounds like you’re interested in personality than fighting ability I suggest you watch wwe instead with that mindset lol

If Xan beat Carla she could've sat out for 10 years to get the title shot.
We literally had Colby on this card fighting for the belt when he hadn't fought in 14 months but that was apparently just fine
Dana has a boner for Colby and his MAGA antics, he probably gives Colby preferential treatment literally as a favor to Trump.

What's the other options? Another fight with Zhang or Joanna? No way. Marina Rodriguez? Then you're giving a shot to someone Carla beat last year.

I have no confidence in Carla's ability to beat Rose again, but she's earned the shot. No one deserves it more.

Back