News Dana White: Paulo Costa vs. Khamzat Chimaev On the Verge of Being CANCELLED.

If this happens they need to cut Costa and Hazmat should still be forced to take a fight but with whom?
Cannonier. And cannonier would be a much harder fight for Khamzat I am absolutely positive on that. In fact I would slightly favor Khamzat but not by much. Cannonier is big for the division and has grappling and as shown in his last fight he has pretty good stand up now. Would be a great fight.

Cannonier. And cannonier would be a much harder fight for Khamzat I am absolutely positive on that. In fact I would slightly favor Khamzat but not by much. Cannonier is big for the division and has grappling and as shown in his last fight he has pretty good stand up now. Would be a great fight.
I'm cool with this. I'm not knowledgeable about Cannons wrestling but dude is huge. Would be an interesting matchup.

tumblr_m8h49cPHuW1r011tlo1_500.gif

Ultimate Circus still going strong.

Seeing the staph infection/injury and seeing him as unsuitable to fight. Look with what happened to TJ dillashaw recently. UFC probably wishes they could’ve pulled TJ out of that fight.
That isn't the UFC "Forcing" him to pull out. That is him not being medically cleared. Saying the UFC is forcing him out makes it sound like they are doing something nefarious. Just read the post from Costa about his "Surgery". Not sure if translation is part of the issue but I don't know if a procedure and surgery are equal in most peoples vernacular. Did he have a surgical repair from accident or injury or did he have some fluid drained from inflammation. I wouldn't call the latter Surgery.

Costa is in the Middle East preparing, if it’s a pullout it’s not because he wanted to it’ll be because the UFC forces him too.
Agreed 100%.

Still, if Paulo went all the way there with his team, and hes making all these post surgery training vids to help prove that it's not his call, all while knowing it will get called, then I hope dana does not pay for his teams unnecessary flights there and back.

So is it confirmed Costa is out yet? Or is it just presumed with the recent surgery and UFC trying to find a plan B for Khamzat?

I'm cool with this. I'm not knowledgeable about Cannons wrestling but dude is huge. Would be an interesting matchup.
And cannonier is raked 4th right now. So an incentive for him from the ufc in addition to getting a great pay increase to help save this fight, is to tell him if he beats khamzat he is right there for the TS. I’m not sure if they were planning immediate rematch for Izzy or if Izzy is figuring out life atm with his recent issues. But tell Cannonier if he wins he is next. Like i said before cannonier beat Strickland like a year ago. So he already has a W over the champion.

What a surprise...a fight between these two reliable workhorses might not pan out.

And cannonier is raked 4th right now. So an incentive for him from the ufc in addition to getting a great pay increase to help save this fight, is to tell him if he beats khamzat he is right there for the TS. I’m not sure if they were planning immediate rematch for Izzy or if Izzy is figuring out life atm with his recent issues. But tell Cannonier if he wins he is next. Like i said before cannonier beat Strickland like a year ago. So he already has a W over the champion.
This makes perfect sense to me. I thought Strickland should've won that but it was super close. Would love to see em run it back. Also, I'm just not sold on Khazmat yet and him fighting Costa, who only fights once a year and seems like he doesn't wanna be there, just doesn't push Khazmat into title contention for me.

He got his surgery, why would they not let him fight? He’s good to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bno
Back