Media Dana White Ready To Start Co-Promoting With WWE

I guess you love fixed fights.
PRIDE had 0 fixed fights between ranked fighters, fights with implications, tournament fights, finals, etc.

1999 Takada fight means jack shit, Takada was never relevant.

All the real fighters, all the real fights with real meaning, were all real.

try harder, mr. fake pro wrassling ballet guy. or grow up.

Watching people who LOVED the Pride Pro Wrestling Federation cry about this is hilarious. You realize you guys are a walking contradiction right?

Watching people who LOVED the Pride Pro Wrestling Federation cry about this is hilarious. You realize you guys are a walking contradiction right?

Pride wasn't blatantly rigged. And to the extent it was we still don't know the matches that were rigged just the fact they existed. It was mostly a real fighting promotion. It was not theater.

Theres a difference between the mafia rigging actual sporting contests and whatever the WWE is.

name one worked fight between two relevant/ranked fighters that happened in PRIDE.

I'll be waiting.

PRIDE had 0 fixed fights between ranked fighters, fights with implications, tournament fights, finals, etc.

1999 Takada fight means jack shit, Takada was never relevant.

All the real fighters, all the real fights with real meaning, were all real.

try harder, mr. fake pro wrassling ballet guy. or grow up.
personally I think the fight fixing had major implications on the the 2000gp

Takada vs Royce was fishy
Saku vs Mezger stank
Coleman basically getting a bye through to the final.

Towards the end the corruption seemed to be less clear. But in the beginning it stunk

name one worked fight between two relevant/ranked fighters that happened in PRIDE.

I'll be waiting.
Fedor Cro Cop and Wand ALL have pro wrestlers from New Japan Pro Wrestling on their record. As far as ranked and relevant hiw about Sakuraba a literal pro wrestler was one of the biggest names in the entire organization lmao

Dana does what he is told at this point. But his influence is engrained in the culture. He won’t fight too much on these decisions that are made by the highest ups.

But the fixed fights were a result of early MMA in Japan being intrinsically linked with pro wrestling. The lack of separation between entertainment based on fake fights and entertainment based on real fights was the root cause of the problem.

So even real fights where guys got brutally finished are dismissed as fake because the pro wrestling stench was always there.

If you are just trying to fix fights in boxing, you don't have a bunch of pro wrestling antics intermixed with it to undermine the legitimacy and scare off bookies/punters.

People in boxing make claims about fights that look suspect. They don't call into question what obviously seemed like real fights, like they do with Pride.
Nah, nobody calls into question actual fights in Pride saying they were fixed unless they're a dumbass or they're trying to push an agenda. There were a few fixed fights early on that everyone knows about, that's it. I've never heard anyone with any creditbiility say any Pride fights were questionable apart from the 2-3.

I think the whole MMA linked to pro wrestling thing means more to the pro wrestling fans, I'm oblivious to all that and never gave it any thought.

Dana confirms Vince was also shitting all over him as well! Huge!!!

I LOVE how hoes on sherdog have something against the WWE and having their fanbases cross over when Unironically MMA fans have the same standards of fandom as WWE They fall for the "heel and face" tactics even in MMA. Even WWE fans are self aware enough to know that Heels and faces are just an act. MMA fans more than any other fandom of any sport, take into account the athletes life decisions, Public persona, and of course my favourite "Likability" when gauging which fighters they cheer for, Or against.

Vast Majority of MMA fans/sherdoggers are no different than some WWE watching Mark.
FALSE
i watch combat sports to GET AWAY from the manufactured cringe that is pro wrestling. i have detested that crap ever since i turned like 12, when i figured out it wasnt real fighting.
sure, Chael was funny and so are people like Derrick Lewis. but that comes secondary to their in ring fighting ability for me.
pro wrestling is pseudo theater for mouthbreathers. i can appreciate Sakuraba and the influence it had on early MMA but most pro wrestlers couldnt fight worth a damn.
combat sports have more authenticity because the fights are real, the results are real. there have been fixed matches in the past but by and large MMA is REAL fighting not spandex clad D-tier actors flopping all over each other.

when MMA fighters try to do the "heel" or whatever other stupid pro wrestling influenced tactics on the mic, it comes off as corny as fuck and C R I N G E.
JUST FUCKING FIGHT. everything else is secondary.

Fedor Cro Cop and Wand ALL have pro wrestlers from New Japan Pro Wrestling on their record. As far as ranked and relevant hiw about Sakuraba a literal pro wrestler was one of the biggest names in the entire organization lmao
Sakuraba also proved he had excellent skills beyond just pro wrestling. he beat all sorts of killers using those skills.
and Pride was the first big MMA promotion for a new sport that was evolving. those pro wrestlers wanted to test out this new sport, and why wouldnt they? novelty is attractive. if the UFC was as big as Pride back in the day, you wouldve seen dudes from the WWF and other pro wrestling organizations going over to the UFC as well.

TWO relevant fighters. There is no worked fight with two fighters of relevance, of a match with major implications, rankings, tournaments, semi-finals, finals, that was a work. 0.

Nah, nobody calls into question actual fights in Pride saying they were fixed unless they're a dumbass or they're trying to push an agenda. There were a few fixed fights early on that everyone knows about, that's it. I've never heard anyone with any creditbiility say any Pride fights were questionable apart from the 2-3.

I think the whole MMA linked to pro wrestling thing means more to the pro wrestling fans, I'm oblivious to all that and never gave it any thought.
this is the only take that matters. no fixed fights between fighters of relevance, ranking, implications, tournament fights, etc.

FALSE
i watch combat sports to GET AWAY from the manufactured cringe that is pro wrestling. i have detested that crap ever since i turned like 12, when i figured out it wasnt real fighting.
sure, Chael was funny and so are people like Derrick Lewis. but that comes secondary to their in ring fighting ability for me.
pro wrestling is pseudo theater for mouthbreathers. i can appreciate Sakuraba and the influence it had on early MMA but most pro wrestlers couldnt fight worth a damn.
combat sports have more authenticity because the fights are real, the results are real. there have been fixed matches in the past but by and large MMA is REAL fighting not spandex clad D-tier actors flopping all over each other.

when MMA fighters try to do the "heel" or whatever other stupid pro wrestling influenced tactics on the mic, it comes off as corny as fuck and C R I N G E.
JUST FUCKING FIGHT. everything else is secondary.
this 100%. we watch to see real shit, real fights, real outcomes. just because a fighter talks on the mic, or an organization decides to use "entrances and promos" doesn't mean we owe jack shit to fake ass wrestling. lots of people/things talk on the mic, and every sports org, business, anything that needs to be advertised utilizes "entrances and promos." MMA owes WWE nothing. WWE fans need to grow up and realize that the majority of MMA fans hate fake wrestling. shit makes no sense.

Back