News Dana White threatened to leave the UFC to save Joe Rogan’s job as commentator

They needed to do something, they were getting free money solely based on their relationship with Dana and the Fertittas.

Forrest Griffin isn't pushing paperwork. Dana gave his favorite fighters an opportunity at a professional career after fighting they never would have gotten otherwise and Griffin was the only one who took advantage.

If it keeps them happy, healthy, and away from exploitive shit like AEW and De La Hoya's MMA scam, I believe it's money well spent.

If it keeps them happy, healthy, and away from exploitive shit like AEW and De La Hoya's MMA scam, I believe it's money well spent.

It's a business, once the Fertittas sold the company they were obviously not going to keep writing off yearly salaries for non-existent positions. They should have taken advantage of the opportunity instead of treating it like a free ride.

Think of all the other UFC fighters who didnt get a dime after their career was over. These guys were in an extremely advantageous position.

Exactly, its why they got let go but Forrest Griffin kept his job because he was actually contributing to the company and earning his money.

And now he gets to run the Apex concession stand and catch PowerSlap retards. What an opportunity! At least he has a job now unlike those lazy fuckers Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes who never contributed anything to UFC. o_O

Lol if WME ultimately decided to sack Rogan, the bald clown would've been back in his office the next day.
Lying through his teeth.

That's not how I remember it being told during the time.

How it was told when it happened was that Rogan wanted to quit but Dana convinced him to stay.

Perhaps Matt Hughes wouldn't be in his current condition if he still had his [obviously ceremonial] job.

inb4 people argue that legends like Matt and Chuck who literally built the company needed to push paperwork and attend BS meetings to prove their worth in UFC.
Yeah, how dare the new owners axe literal no show/no work jobs. Forrest Griffin has helped expand what the Performance Institute does to new heights, and helped plan the Combine and Academy programs that are now being used in Shanghai and Mexico City. Forrest proved his value to the new owners.

Hell, at least Matt had an excuse for not doing anything, he lives in Iowa. What was Chuck’s excuse? He lives in Vegas.
Rogan's best days are behind him, I don't feel like he adds much to the broadcast at this point.
I’d argue he adds nothing, and when paired with DC, takes away from it.

Dana is the self proclaimed second coming of Christ as well. His words, not mine.

Yeah, how dare the new owners axe literal no show/no work jobs. Forrest Griffin has helped expand what the Performance Institute does to new heights, and helped plan the Combine and Academy programs that are now being used in Shanghai and Mexico City. Forrest proved his value to the new owners.

IMO, their reputations and contributions earned them cushy jobs to keep them out of trouble. WME has no respect for legends of the sport, and saying that Matt and Chuck needed to prove their worth is being a huge bootlicker.

Stitch? Hardy? Goldie?

loyalty = shilling for the UFC I guess lol
Hardy is kind of a bad example. He opened his mouth and said shit he shouldn’t have. Was warned, opened his mouth again anyways then got canned. I can’t speak for The other 2, but hardy seemed to have gotten himself canned. He also wasn’t nearly as long a tenure

I respect Dana for this. They went after Rogan for telling people to think for themselves.

You shouldn’t. Rogan is his own brand now and it was self serving to keep him in house. As others have said the same “loyalty” didn’t extend to Goldberg or Dan Hardy

Without Rogan nobody would take Dana seriously. It was a strategic move.

Meh. That word gets used mostly by the people it supposedly offends. Fuck both those dorks anyway

Little side note -

Forest Griffin is coming to my Hometown soon for a small Con (Victoria BC Canada)

I’m actually stoked to meet him, been a fan since the TUF days.

Back