News Dana White threatened to leave the UFC to save Joe Rogan’s job as commentator

I don't like Dana White, I think he's a wife-beating psychopath...

But can't help but respect him for standing up for Joe Rogan like that.

I guess even a broken jock is right twice a day

Perhaps Matt Hughes wouldn't be in his current condition if he still had his [obviously ceremonial] job.

inb4 people argue that legends like Matt and Chuck who literally built the company needed to push paperwork and attend BS meetings to prove their worth in UFC.

Yeah, I know people will point out that Forrest actually does a job for them...but still, Chuck claims he was promised a job for life. Now, did he and/or Hughes not live up to their end? I have no idea...

Burt Watson also comes to mind (the 'hype' guy who looked after the fighters backstage for many years). I know he chose quit after some UFC employee apparently spoke disrespectfully to him...but it was only some other UFC higher-up (not Dana, AFAIK) who tried to talk him out of it. IIRC, Dana did not get involved directly with either Goldie or Hardy either.

So...I respect Dana going to bat for Joe...but clearly (and understandably) it's not just as simple as 'if you ride with me...'

Is Lex Friedman retarded? I don't know how anyone can listen to that guy talk for more than 30 seconds.

I don't like Dana White, I think he's a wife-beating psychopath...

But can't help but respect him for standing up for Joe Rogan like that.

I guess even a broken jock is right twice a day

You know he is a wife beating psychopath, which means you know enough about him to also know he is a renowned liar...and yet you immediately believe him anyway.

You know he is a wife beating psychopath, which means you know enough about him to also know he is a renowned liar...and yet you immediately believe him anyway.
Dana doesn’t lie, he’s very trustworthy and is a good man, father and husband

Bah, so close! WME almost shut down during the pandemic and we nearly got rid of Baldy and Rogaine at the same time.

Oh well, here's hoping the Vince controversies kill TKO.
Kind of weird to root for the demise of a sport you enjoy. MMA sure would be great if all we had was fuckin PFLattor for a while lol

Kind of weird to root for the demise of a sport you enjoy. MMA sure would be great if all we had was fuckin PFLattor for a while lol

We are at the point where the 'Superbowl of MMA' is bumfights held in an empty warehouse every week. And the top stars beg to box or do anything else because they can't get paid properly.

And this is because the current leadership want to cannibalize the sport rather than expand it.

MMA would be better in the long-term if it was set on fire and then rebuilt on the ashes.

Dana is extremely loyal to guys who have stuck with him.

We are at the point where the 'Superbowl of MMA' is bumfights held in an empty warehouse every week. And the top stars beg to box or do anything else because they can't get paid properly.

And this is because the current leadership want to cannibalize the sport rather than expand it.

MMA would be better in the long-term if it was set on fire and then rebuilt on the ashes.
Ok buddy

He still needs Rogan, that guy has more followers than Dana.

Well, it wouldn't be the demise of a sport anyways. It would be the death of an organization.

And frankly 600+ instant free agents would excite the living shit out of the MMA fanbase instantly.

It is worth repeating... if the UFC folded and there were 600 instant free agents?

<{anton}>

Well, it wouldn't be the demise of a sport anyways. It would be the death of an organization.

And frankly 600+ instant free agents would excite the living shit out of the MMA fanbase instantly.

It is worth repeating... if the UFC folded and there were 600 instant free agents?

<{anton}>
Do those of you who gripe about fighter pay understand what 600 instant free agents will do to the average pay in the industry?

Back