Media Daniel Cormier and Kenny Florian believe Jon Jones would beat Francis Ngannou

Prime Jon Jones would be favored by damn near everybody I would think

We have no clue where the current Jones is at though, so who knows

I mean he did look stiff af in the standup department but then again, he was fighting gane who is a better and quicker striker, and his wrestling looks better and better, which is jon's ptv here. If he doesn't get him down he's fucked.

Jon has been inactive, he's used to lhw punching power and physique and was already slowing down the last couple times we saw him. He could win i guess (especially if francis' knees are seriously hurt) but to favor him? Nah. Ngannou is a big fav.

I'll be surprised if JJ even fights again. I don't get why people will automatically think he can dominate the HW when he's fighting bigger and much stronger guys.

I thought DC just said, before the Gane fight, that Ngannou would be too much for Jones. I bet the Pink Goof is instructing anybody on camera to talk Ngannou down now that he is at war with the UFC.
Francis's last fight made him look more beatable against Jon, I don't see why prime Jon Jones couldn't do what Gane did, except he would win the wrestling exchanges

Moot point since the UFC is too cheap to pay up for Jones or Francis to make the fight.

Shilling at its finest to think Jones moves up in weight and wins the belt after all his recent lackluster "wins" at LHW. It would be worse than Izzy's attempt and moving up to fight the champ since Jones probably gets KO'd.

I'll be surprised if JJ even fights again. I don't get why people will automatically think he can dominate the HW when he's fighting bigger and much stronger guys.
People want to see it, nobody thinks it's automatic, but I don't see how Gane and Francis's last fight doesn't make everyone think Jones would have a damn good chance at beating either one as long as he is still in his prime

LOL @ taking DC's opinion on this seriously.

If Francis fought Jon like he did Saturday he'd for sure have lost. Jon would have EXPLOITED the fuck out of that bum knee with his oblique kicks dragged him down and arm triangle choked his ass out.

Back