Media Daniel Cormier justifies UFC's preferential treatment of Sean O' Malley, and praises UFC's foresight in paving the way for his stardom

Ufc needs new stars now more then ever … so they’ll try and brainwash you into believing someone is the best ever - even when it’s clear they’re not ….. it’s part of business

What special treatment does Sean get? Being fed to Petr Yan and the guy that finished him brutally? Pink shorts? Pretty sure if any of the champs asked for a different colour they could get it too. I don't see what special treatment he's getting.

Jumping up in the rankings was a huge risk for him, Yan could have beat the shit out of him and ended his career, same for any fighter that gets that kind of a step up, so I don't see why it's seen as some privilege. If you win then it means you deserved to be there anyway.

I don't say anything of the sort 500 times a week sir.

I am however allowed to say what I think on the matter.
Im also allowed to disagree with anyone that thinks just because he's getting paid that it makes the lies that he spews ok.

If someone paid me to kick in someone's door and smash them, it'd be ok because I was getting paid?
Yes

jon-jones-dc.gif
i love dc but that gif is amazing

DC doing the job he's paid to do. Makes sense.

I thought he was a commentator, not an official bootlicker. None of the other commentators or analysts simp as hard for Dana and UFC as Cormier.

And there's more salt in Fatso's veins than in Sherdog doubled. <Lmaoo>

Of course he did. It's the same preferential treatment he's enjoyed his entire UFC career. Cain ate his lunch every day at practice so he ran to LHW where a win over Pat Cummins and MW Dan Henderson earned him a TS. Jon dog walks him twice, but he gets to call himself the LHW champ in Jon's absence. Bumps up to HW and pokes his way to a win over Stipe. Stipe was on a 6 fight win streak at HW against Hunt, Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem, JDS and Francis. DC denies him an immediate rematch and the UFC gives him Derrick Lewis so he can get another win and make more money. Stipe starches him in the second fight. Of course the towel leaning cheat gets an immediate rematch. After all, he beat Frank Mir and Roy Nelson back in 2013...Loses that fight too, but refers to himself as "champ champ" even though he was never the best in either weight class at any point during his career. Now he's Dana's little puppet. Pure theater.

I don't say anything of the sort 500 times a week sir.

I am however allowed to say what I think on the matter.
Im also allowed to disagree with anyone that thinks just because he's getting paid that it makes the lies that he spews ok.

If someone paid me to kick in someone's door and smash them, it'd be ok because I was getting paid?

You can't really call this a lie though. It's just his opinion. You can think it's wrong for whatever reasons, but I don't think I would call it a lie.

Though I haven't listened to the whole thing, so I might be wrong here.

Is he truly a superstar? Everyone on the broadcast kept saying he was and his walkout song said he was, but is he really?
If you keep repeating lies over and over again as if they were true, eventually people will start believing them.

It's just a desperation move by the UFC and their shills. They want to have another "superstar" so bad but literally nobody on the roster ticks all the boxes. To be a called a legitimate "superstar" (defined by PPV sales, I guess?) I think you need to tick 3 boxes:
  • Potential crossover appeal
  • Sells at least 650.000-ish(?) PPVs guaranteed
  • Be a champion or at least very highly ranked contender
  • (preferred) be authentic
Yes these are all my own definitions but if someone disagrees I'd love to know why. Sean O'Malley, as great a fighter as he is, doesn't tick these off. He just doesn't sell PPVs (yet). I don't feel like he's very authentic as well but then again, a lot of these fighters aren't. They're fighters, yes, but outside of that, they're often just loud and obnoxious because they think it will help sell tickets. Their trash talk is forced. Their press conference performances are often silly. People aren't that easily fooled when it comes to these things, man. They see right through the facade. That's why McGregor was so successful in his persona: it was HIM.

O'Malley crumbles on the mic everytime he gets into a verbal altercation. Superstars don't have that, they know how to talk. No amount of painted hair or neon attire will change the clear fact that he's actually just a fucking nerd. And there's nothing wrong with that. I will say he's a fucking great fighter though.

Last edited:
I know, you guys say it about 500 times a week. The guy is paid to do it and he does it well. I'm sure he makes a lot more money than a lot of people doing a lot less dignified shit, lol.
It being said 500 times a week doesn't make it any less valid.

Played out? maybe. But it's valid.

Is he truly a superstar? Everyone on the broadcast kept saying he was and his walkout song said he was, but is he really?

DC, Rogan, Anik were literally 3 dogs walking around in a circle sniffing eachother's butts with how they were glazing O'Malley about being a "superstar"

A skilled fighter he is, yes, but a "superstar" not even fucking close. He's not drawing shit, the numbers show it.

If you keep repeating lies over and over again as if they were true, eventually people will start believing them.

It's just a desperation move by the UFC and their shills. They want to have another "superstar" so bad but literally nobody on the roster ticks all the boxes. To be a called a legitimate "superstar" (defined by PPV sales, I guess?) I think you need to tick 3 boxes:
  • Potential crossover appeal
  • Sells at least 650.000-ish(?) PPVs guaranteed
  • Be a champion or at least very highly ranked contender
  • (preferred) be authentic
Yes these are all my own definitions but if someone disagrees I'd love to know why. Sean O'Malley, as great a fighter as he is, doesn't tick these off. He just doesn't sell PPVs (yet). I don't feel like he's very authentic as well but then again, a lot of these fighters aren't. They're fighters, yes, but outside of that, they're often just loud and obnoxious because they think it will help sell tickets. Their trash talk is forced. Their press conference performances are often silly. People aren't that easily fooled when it comes to these things, man. They see right through the facade. That's why McGregor was so successful in his persona: it was HIM.

O'Malley crumbles on the mic everytime he gets into a verbal altercation. Superstars don't have that, they know how to talk. No amount of painted hair or neon attire will change the clear fact that he's actually just a fucking nerd. And there's nothing wrong with that. I will say he's a fucking great fighter though.

"he's a superstar?"
"yeah everyone says he is"
"but why is he a superstar?"
"because everyone says he is"

They keep telling us Sean is such a huge star but I still don't see it. It's almost gaslighting lol
Look, obviously the event being in Miami was a factor, but all these celebrities:

And everybody else who was seen there, is a fairly good indicator that there's something there. Most of them aren't going to tons of UFC events, hell Mr Beast literally said it's his first ever.

Of course he did. It's the same preferential treatment he's enjoyed his entire UFC career. Cain ate his lunch every day at practice so he ran to LHW where a win over Pat Cummins and MW Dan Henderson earned him a TS. Jon dog walks him twice, but he gets to call himself the LHW champ in Jon's absence. Bumps up to HW and pokes his way to a win over Stipe. Stipe was on a 6 fight win streak at HW against Hunt, Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem, JDS and Francis. DC denies him an immediate rematch and the UFC gives him Derrick Lewis so he can get another win and make more money. Stipe starches him in the second fight. Of course the towel leaning cheat gets an immediate rematch. After all, he beat Frank Mir and Roy Nelson back in 2013...Loses that fight too, but refers to himself as "champ champ" even though he was never the best in either weight class at any point during his career. Now he's Dana's little puppet. Pure theater.
Thank God someone else wants to point out that DC's one of the most privileged fighters ever.

Dude literally stole Bader's rightful title shot after DC got smacked around by Jon only 3 months earlier when Bader was the #2 contender behind Rumble at the time and should've been the one stepping in. Then had the audacity to deny him another one in favour of fighting Gus who was coming off a 1st round KO loss meanwhile Bader had just dominated Rashad and even further solidified himself as #1 contender in the meantime. Then denied him again after barely getting by Gus and made Bader fight Rumble for #1 contender when Bader's been it for like a year now. Which made him finally lose and so DC got to fight Rumble again instead of the guy he'd been supposed to fight for like a year (they were originally scheduled to fight when DC got to leap frog him).

Would DC have probably beaten Bader? Sure, but he'd also have been the best wrestler DC ever fought besides Jones, and a former partner of Cain, so it does make one wonder if that's why he kept avoiding it for more strikers. Did we see how Rumble vs Bader eventually went and probably could've just skipped Bader's original shot at him? Sure. But DC was obviously a right time, right place guy, who had the added benefit of cherrypicking shit too along the way to keep it going.

Last edited:
DC is and will always be a UFC shill who gets paid for his boot lickin`.

He lost it with me in the buildup to the first JBJ fight. That showed me how weak he is. It was that easy for Jones to get in his head.
And his crying after he lost was even more embarrasing.
I have no respect for this guy.

Back